Sukhoi PAK FA

Vijyes

Another Russian statement. It has no value as Indian side is the one which is reluctant. Russia will always sell their junks enthusiastically. It even sold us the MiG29K and Su30 which are now under severe maintenance issues.

MiG29K is said to have weak airframe for landing on carriers and Su30 has severe engine problems and lot of them have crashed. We don't find Mirages crashing but MiG crashing is regular news. Moreover, the serviceability of Su30 and MiG29K is also low due to high maintenance requirements.

FGFA is a bulky plane which is simply burden due to its heavy weight and thus requiring high power engine. Indian engines like K10 can never fit into this and Russian engines are not known to be reliable. In fact, T50 prototype had even caught fire because of the engine. Generally medium weight category is preferred as it is a good balance between payload, range and stealth. FGFA is a bad choice. Also, the recent offer to upgrade Su30 to super sukhoi with almost 5th generation capabilities makes me even more suspicious of Russian designs. How can anyone even think of making Su30 into stealth plane? Does it have the required design?

Moreover, what India needs is technology, not the plane itself. With technology India can make it indigenously whenever necessary. Russia wants India to only buy its plane without handing over the technology. Why would that be deemed acceptable? It is better to simply wait for AMCA till 2030 and in the meantime produce missiles in large numbers for effective deterrence. Develop sophisticated ABM and SAM technology and make thousands of nuclear warheads

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
MiG29K is said to have weak airframe for landing on carriers and Su30 has severe engine problems and lot of them have crashed.
Another Comment with full of stupidity.
Mig-29K has a very strong Airframe among the all available Carrier borne Fighter Jets.
And Su-30MKI have no Engine issues and before claiming the crashes you have to study about attrition rate.

I think you don't have any knowledge about fighter jets hence request you to learn about them. Till then please shut your mouth.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Contract on Russian-Indian Joint 5th Gen PAK-FA Fighter Jet to Be Signed Shortly
The contract on creation of a Russia-India fifth-generation FGFA fighter will be signed shortly, the general director of Russia's Rostec state corporation said Tuesday.

The Russian-Indian Sukhoi/HAL Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) has stealth capabilities and is based on the Russian T-50 prototype jet.

"As far as the fifth-generation [plane] is concerned, the work is underway. The first stage is complete. The second stage is being discussed. I think it will be completed in near future, the documents have been signed," Sergey Chemezov told a press conference.

The FGFA project came about following the signing of a Russian-Indian cooperation agreement on October 18, 2007.

The PAK FA is a single-seat, twin-engine jet fighter designed by the Sukhoi Design Bureau. Its unique features make it the best in its class among other similar aircraft in the world, and it is the first operational aircraft in Russian service to use stealth technology.

http://www.defencenews.in/article.aspx?id=263271

Sam Biswas

Another Russian statement. It has no value as Indian side is the one which is reluctant. Russia will always sell their junks enthusiastically. It even sold us the MiG29K and Su30 which are now under severe maintenance issues........

The whole business about FGFA or even super Sukhoi is designed by the Russians to suck tens of billions from India. For example, super Sukhoi will be like taking an old Fiat or Ambassador, install a new engine and a new paint job instead of buying a new toyota or mercedes. Who will do that? FGFA is in a development stage meaning in the world of fighter jets it will be a decade or two. Hope PM Modi can talk to Xi or Sharif to hold off any war until then. Only in India!

Vijyes

Another Comment with full of stupidity.
Mig-29K has a very strong Airframe among the all available Carrier borne Fighter Jets.
And Su-30MKI have no Engine issues and before claiming the crashes you have to study about attrition rate.

I think you don't have any knowledge about fighter jets hence request you to learn about them. Till then please shut your mouth.
I agree that I have bias about imported planes. Su-30 may not be a bad plane after all. But, still the ability to Manufacture at will in any number necessary is important. Indigenous fighters cost the government 0 as rupees is completely controlled by govt by either printing notes, taxing income or wealth. Also, war time manufacturing can be exponentially high. That is possible only if there is indigenous technology to manufacture. No indigenous technology means death and defeat during war.

If PAK-FA should be bought, Russia must give key technology to India. Otherwise, it is better to use the money to set up microchip (wafer) fabrication units and IC manufacturing units in India which can be useful for both defence and civilian needs

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I agree that I have bias about imported planes. Su-30 may not be a bad plane after all. But, still the ability to Manufacture at will in any number necessary is important. Indigenous fighters cost the government 0 as rupees is completely controlled by govt by either printing notes, taxing income or wealth. Also, war time manufacturing can be exponentially high. That is possible only if there is indigenous technology to manufacture. No indigenous technology means death and defeat during war
Don't move out of the topic.
Mr. Yechuri , you are continuously propagating a fake propaganda just to defame our Capability.
Whether do you know what is the Indigenous content percentage in Su-30MKI?
Who designed and manufactured the canards system used in it?
What is your knowledge level in either electronics, Aviation, aerodynamic, CFD or even fight strategies?
Don't be a keyboard fighter and poke about the deficiencies ....

Vijyes

Don't move out of the topic.
Mr. Yechuri , you are continuously propagating a fake propaganda just to defame our Capability.
Whether do you know what is the Indigenous content percentage in Su-30MKI?
Who designed and manufactured the canards system used in it?
What is your knowledge level in either electronics, Aviation, aerodynamic, CFD or even fight strategies?
Don't be a keyboard fighter and poke about the deficiencies ....
Did I ever say that? All I am saying is that PAK-FA should be bought only if there is ToT which is significant enough to make the indigenous manufacturing possible at a later date and even help in AMCA development.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is really taking too much time. We need to be serious and getting as many jets quickly as possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Did I ever say that?
Read out your own below mentioned post for what you ever said.
MiG29K is said to have weak airframe for landing on carriers and Su30 has severe engine problems and lot of them have crashed.

All I am saying is that PAK-FA should be bought only if there is ToT which is significant enough to make the indigenous manufacturing possible at a later date and even help in AMCA development.
It's already the main aspect of FGFA deal which includes the ToT as well as export rights.

Vijyes

Read out your own below mentioned post for what you ever said.

It's already the main aspect of FGFA deal which includes the ToT as well as export rights.
Su30 has lot of components made in India but they are limited to the structural parts, display of cockpit etc and not the key avionics like SAR, IRST, BVR, and even engine.

Su30 engine is made in russia except for the simpler parts. 50% is indian and 50% parts russian but value wise Russian parts are of higher value. That doesn't count to Indian manufacturing capabilities. Mig29k is Russian and not indigenous plane. Again, it is not indian made.

Making airframe and the canards etc are relatively simpler and even technology of 1980 is enough for that. What really matters is if the key parts - AESA/SAR, BVR etc are Indian. It is not the case with Su30. That matters a lot and should not be repeated for PAK-FA. Also, even though engine is being developed in India and is in final stages, the fact that PAK-FA needs different type of engine means that Kaveri won't fit. Thus, in case of war, engine replacement will need running here and there to Russia. PAK-FA engine is also a matter of concern. Since it is rare that engines are given as ToT, I am having my reservations

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Su30 has lot of components made in India but they are limited to the structural parts, display of cockpit etc and not the key avionics like SAR, IRST, BVR, and even engine.

Making airframe and the canards etc are relatively simpler and even technology of 1980 is enough for that. What really matters is if the key parts - AESA/SAR, BVR etc are Indian.
Would you please explain SAR & BVR
And how can we consider both of them under AVIONICS?

pankaj nema

Country flag
India, Russia to ink deal on 5th-gen fighter design

http://ptinews.com/news/8680005_India--Russia-to-ink-deal-on-5th-gen-fighter-design

New Delhi, May 7 (PTI) After years of delay, India and Russia are likely to soon ink a "milestone" pact to finalise the detailed design for the fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) and move ahead with the multi-billion dollar co- development project.

Government sources said almost all the ground work has been completed to finalise the deal for design of the jet as well as some other critical issues.

"The contract for the detailed design would be signed soon and that will be a major milestone. It should be signed in the second half of the year," a top official involved in the negotiations with Russia on the project said.

Asked whether India has linked the project to full-scale transfer of technology, the official, who requested anonymity, said both the countries are co-developers and India will have equal rights over the the technology.

"We are co-developers. There is nothing called technology transfer in this project. India has equal rights. We will have the wherewithal to continue production. We are equal partner in the project," he said.

In the negotiations for the project, India had insisted that it must get all the required codes and access to critical technology so that it can upgrade the aircraft as per its requirements.

In February last year, India and Russia had revived talks on the project after a clearance from then Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.

Since then, a lot of issues related to work share, IPR and technology transfer among others have been sorted out between the two sides, along with the monetary commitments.

In 2007, India and Russia had inked an inter-governmental pact for the FGFA project.

In December 2010, India had agreed to pay USD 295 million towards the preliminary design of the fighter, which is called in India as the 'Perspective Multi-role Fighter' (PMF).

However, negotiations faced various hurdles in the subsequent years.

Sources said the work on various co-development projects have been expedited following the government's renewed focus on modernisation of the armed forces.

In March, India and Russia had signed two key agreements for long-term maintenance and technical support for Russian- made Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

Currently, the IAF operates around 230 Su-30MKI fighter jets and, as per the agreements, Russian defence majors United Aircraft Corporation and the United Engine Corporation will render technical support and provide maintenance services and spares for the fleet for a period of five years.

kunal1123

Country flag
India, Russia to ink deal on 5th-gen fighter design

http://ptinews.com/news/8680005_India--Russia-to-ink-deal-on-5th-gen-fighter-design

New Delhi, May 7 (PTI) After years of delay, India and Russia are likely to soon ink a "milestone" pact to finalise the detailed design for the fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) and move ahead with the multi-billion dollar co- development project.

Government sources said almost all the ground work has been completed to finalise the deal for design of the jet as well as some other critical issues.

"The contract for the detailed design would be signed soon and that will be a major milestone. It should be signed in the second half of the year," a top official involved in the negotiations with Russia on the project said.

Asked whether India has linked the project to full-scale transfer of technology, the official, who requested anonymity, said both the countries are co-developers and India will have equal rights over the the technology.

"We are co-developers. There is nothing called technology transfer in this project. India has equal rights. We will have the wherewithal to continue production. We are equal partner in the project," he said.

In the negotiations for the project, India had insisted that it must get all the required codes and access to critical technology so that it can upgrade the aircraft as per its requirements.

In February last year, India and Russia had revived talks on the project after a clearance from then Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.

Since then, a lot of issues related to work share, IPR and technology transfer among others have been sorted out between the two sides, along with the monetary commitments.

In 2007, India and Russia had inked an inter-governmental pact for the FGFA project.

In December 2010, India had agreed to pay USD 295 million towards the preliminary design of the fighter, which is called in India as the 'Perspective Multi-role Fighter' (PMF).

However, negotiations faced various hurdles in the subsequent years.

Sources said the work on various co-development projects have been expedited following the government's renewed focus on modernisation of the armed forces.

In March, India and Russia had signed two key agreements for long-term maintenance and technical support for Russian- made Su-30MKI fighter jets of the Indian Air Force.

Currently, the IAF operates around 230 Su-30MKI fighter jets and, as per the agreements, Russian defence majors United Aircraft Corporation and the United Engine Corporation will render technical support and provide maintenance services and spares for the fleet for a period of five years.

EXACT SAME NEWS 2 MONTH BEFORE AND NOW EVERY MEDIA HOUSE COPING SAME NEWS.............................
India, Russia to ink deal on 5th-generation fighter aircraft design
PTI|
Updated: May 07, 2017, 04.11 PM IST

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

THIS PROPAGANDA HAVE BEEN THERE FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTH I ONLY BELIVE IF THERE IS OFFICAL INDIAN OFFICER SOURCE ....................

Vijyes

Would you please explain SAR & BVR
And how can we consider both of them under AVIONICS?
I am no expert. The way I see it is - fighter jets are made of
1. airframe and body design, wings
2. Engine
3. Stealth paint, tinted canopy etc
4. Mechanical machinery like landing gear, tires, weapons bay etc
5. Avionics - all electronics based items (aviation electronics = avionics) including AESA, SAR, IRST, BVR, electronic Fire controls, electronic Missile pods, modern cockpit display, sensor fusion, helmet display, flight controls etc. It simply includes all items that require electronic computing. The 1960-1970 based planes with 3rd generation or below technology lacked many of this technology. Only upgraded 3rd generation (3.5G) or above has electronics.

I may be wrong as the classification may differ from what experts do. But, I don't think there is any clear cut classification technique.

Radars like SAR, AESA are necessary for a high end plane. Excluding it is not meaningful. BVR, again is needed for modern plane without which opponent's plane will just beat the shit out of the plane. 1 opponent's air dominance fighter can take out 7-8 of our planes if they have BVR and we don't.

Yes, these two don't exactly need to be part of aircraft but even then, it is a technology that is needed to make a fighter competitive. They are extra fitting but without them the aircrafts will be a sitting duck against opponents

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I am no expert. The way I see it is - fighter jets are made of
1. airframe and body design
2. Engine
3. Stealth paint, tinted canopy etc
4. Mechanical machinery like landing gear, tires, weapons bay etc
5. Avionics - all electronics based items (aviation electronics = avionics) including AESA, SAR, IRST, BVR, electronic Fire controls, electronic Missile pods, modern cockpit display, sensor fusion, helmet display etc. It simply includes all items that require electronic computing. The 1960-1970 based planes with 3rd generation or below technology lacked many of this technology. Only upgraded 3rd generation (3.5G) or above has electronics.

I may be wrong as the classification may differ from what experts do. But, I don't think there is any clear cut classification technique.
Finally, you agreed!

So, why are you so much reluctant when someone sharing some good information.
Here, SAR & BVR are not avionics.

Cheers and Good day

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles