Sukhoi PAK FA

Sam Biswas

We do not assume anything, we go by facts.
Americans do cyber warfare, but seems you cannot do anything against the Chinese or the Russians, Never could. APPARENTLY Russians meddled in your elections, what did America do?
Russians leave their footprint and guess what Su-30 MKI is very similar to Russia. Big, and leaves a big foot print, but the opponents are like America, they keep distance and keep shouting, but dare not get too close fearing the bite. India has a better choice... PAKFA + Su-30 MKI and Add Tejas to the mix,, what F-16 and F-35 actually do not have is range, both are short range planes. On other hand an Su-30 MKI is able to take warload and range of 3 F-16s.. and thats HUGE.. F-117 was the earlier product,, and it got shot down, and thats why F-22 is kept well away from Action, imagine the embarrassment if an F-22 is shot down. Russian S-400 were waiting for F-22 to try and do mischief against the Syrians or Russians, unfortunately guess we would not get to see the chance because F-22 has no use being in Syria.

If the goal of all of your posts is giving a lot of poor India's money to Russia like India did for France, then that's that. Russia and India are friends and helping a friend is a real good thing. If the goal is to get the best defense for money that could save a lot of farmers in India, your statements are not based on facts.

1. Su30mki is very large with a huge footprint. It will not be able to enter any of India's enemy air space for long. Thus its range and weapon carrying capacity is useless.
2. It falls of the sky for no reasons at 7.5 per year making it a great danger for Indian pilots.
3. China already has these as well as more advanced Su-35. They know exactly how to kill Su-30. They are likely electronically jamming India's Su-30 near the border and killing them silently,
4. Extremely agile F-16 and very stealthy F-35 have what is needed to fight India's two potent enemies.
5. its range is far more than what India needs.
6. These are proven widely used fighter jets that will not kill India's defense budget.
7. Unlike French and the Russians, Lockheed can deliver on a rapid schedule NOW.
8. These jets will be great for India's current defense needs and save India a lot of money, time and headache.
9. That saved money can be used to save farmers, education, pollution, cleaning Ganga etc.

But look, if the goal is for IAF and MOD to hobnob with French over cheeses and wine or Russians over vodka and sausage; then India should fool around with Rafale, FGFA, Su30 etc. etc. With Lockheed it will be strictly business. Certainly there are choices to make.

Last edited:

GiantWithFeetOfClay

India has no reason to create an american logistic line for F-16 or F-35 fighters.. Indian first line fighters are Russian and French made.. None of these fighters are better than Rafale or MiG-35.. and even if India chooses to do so it will take at least two years of preparation... not to mention the technical difficulties in training and logistic support..

SanjeevM

Country flag
3. China already has these as well as more advanced Su-35. They know exactly how to kill Su-30. They are likely electronically jamming India's Su-30 near the border and killing them silently,
Is this true? Is it a guess or a fact or belief?

If this is true, we need to identify the threat and work towards a solution

Sam Biswas

India has no reason to create an american logistic line for F-16 or F-35 fighters.. Indian first line fighters are Russian and French made.. None of these fighters are better than Rafale or MiG-35.. and even if India chooses to do so it will take at least two years of preparation... not to mention the technical difficulties in training and logistic support..
India has every reason to get F-16 and F-35. It is a country where farmers regularly commit suicide and people lack clean water everywhere. On the other hand, it is surrounded by two fierce enemies who threaten the country practically every day. Even after spending 8.9 billion, India will be waiting for a long time for only two squadrons of Rafale of unknown quality. It spent lot more on Russian jets which are mostly mediocre. India needs a lot more jets and consequently, cost of the jets will be an important factor. F-16 and F-35 will give India minimum cost and maximum fire power without delay and bureaucracy.

Sam Biswas

I don't know which one you are referring to. China did buy 24 Su35 and at least some were already delivered. Electronic jamming is in use so is laser weapons. I don't know how far China advanced in these area. But certainly they are trying.

lookieloo

Been away for awhile and was looking for updates on PAK-FA/FGFA program. Went through last 20 pages of thread and found almost nothing except posts about the F-35/F-22. Managed to gather that new PAK-FA engines should be ready in 2018, but that's it.

Since I don't have the patience to wade through this never-ending vat of sour grapes, perhaps someone who's been here all along could answer the following questions:

1. Has the PAK-FA launched any ordnance from its internal bays? (video please)

2. Has an Indian been allowed to fly one yet? (pics please)

3. What's the latest timeline for India receiving its first jets? (PAK-FA or FGFA, don't care which)

scatterStorm

Country flag
We do not assume anything, we go by facts.
Americans do cyber warfare, but seems you cannot do anything against the Chinese or the Russians, Never could. APPARENTLY Russians meddled in your elections, what did America do?
Russians leave their footprint and guess what Su-30 MKI is very similar to Russia. Big, and leaves a big foot print, but the opponents are like America, they keep distance and keep shouting, but dare not get too close fearing the bite. India has a better choice... PAKFA + Su-30 MKI and Add Tejas to the mix,, what F-16 and F-35 actually do not have is range, both are short range planes. On other hand an Su-30 MKI is able to take warload and range of 3 F-16s.. and thats HUGE.. F-117 was the earlier product,, and it got shot down, and thats why F-22 is kept well away from Action, imagine the embarrassment if an F-22 is shot down. Russian S-400 were waiting for F-22 to try and do mischief against the Syrians or Russians, unfortunately guess we would not get to see the chance because F-22 has no use being in Syria.
F22s are being used in Syria to decontest the airspace above Syria even if the S400 are active, that's what USAF loudmouths are telling all over youtube and news articles. They also tell that F117 was shot because of sheer luck of ground operator and pilots error. The WBDs of F117 got malfunctioned during the planned mission and hence increased it radar signature, also it was flying low but Serbians were tracking the airspace with long range L band radars ... it was caught and destroyed.

If that's true that F22 are flying to decontest the airspace, does it mean that they are paving way for coallation forces to move into Syria for there big agenda, because seeing this the Aussies backed out there F18s of Syria because of those missile strikes and jet being blown to pieces, because they now believe it's all for wrong cause, there's a lot of conflicting reports also that SU23 being shot down by either the USAF F18, F16 or even F35 don't know which one is true because of all Fake MSM BS anyways.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag

It's true that the Chinese have there own version of SU30s and the newly acquired SU35S (super Sukhoi) but no way they are jamming out systems, because are avionics onboard is made up of our own choosing. It's actually advantageous for us because Chinese flying those SU30s and SU35S (Don't know much if they have them yet in there arsenal) have Russian avionics onboard, we are familiar with those and we could develop systems to deter it.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Been away for awhile and was looking for updates on PAK-FA/FGFA program. Went through last 20 pages of thread and found almost nothing except posts about the F-35/F-22. Managed to gather that new PAK-FA engines should be ready in 2018, but that's it.

Since I don't have the patience to wade through this never-ending vat of sour grapes, perhaps someone who's been here all along could answer the following questions:

1. Has the PAK-FA launched any ordnance from its internal bays? (video please)

2. Has an Indian been allowed to fly one yet? (pics please)

3. What's the latest timeline for India receiving its first jets? (PAK-FA or FGFA, don't care which)
As of what I know,

1. Yes weapon trials are already being done and more are planned, there's video on YouTube as well where an SU50 is firing an RH-71 I guess from its IWBs.

Update: here you go

But no GBMs video is there, some Russian forums say they are already doing it.

2. As what I've been hearing, a 6 contingent team of Indian fighter pilots were chosen to get training in Russia. Somebody also mentioned this on the forum.

3. The deal is still hanging loose , not much of progress have been made except the timeline was supposedly 2021 in best case ... worst case 2025 or maybe even 2030.

Last edited:

lookieloo

As of what I know,

1. Yes weapon trials are already being done and more are planned, there's video on YouTube as well where an SU50 is firing an RH-71 I guess from its IWBs.

2. As what I've been hearing, a 6 contingent team of Indian fighter pilots were chosen to get training in Russia. Somebody also mentioned this on the forum.

3. The deal is still hanging losse, not much of progress have been made except the timeline was supposedly 2021 in best case ... worst case 2025 or maybe even 2030.

So...

)no
)no
)mid-2020s

That'll do, thanks

scatterStorm

Country flag
Back in the dream-time (4 years ago) people here were expecting the first planes in 2014.
I think what holding us are engines, since SU50 are still at prototype stage and by the end of 2017 if the new engines gets installed, than our MOD would think firmly, because who wants to invest in a deal further which has things yet to be done.

Once the engine are installed, tested (probably will take up 2019 or 20), by that time other systems are being improved, and armaments being designed than yeah at best by 2021 they will roll out of production, until than nothing can be said from the Indian side.

bhramos

Country flag
Russian fifth generation fighter T-50 entered the final tests

July 3, 2017, AEX.ru - fifth-generation fighter T-50 (Sukhoi PAK FA - PAK FA) passes the final inspection, according to the annual report of PJSC "Dry". This writes Interfax .

"At the final stage of testing is a promising aviation complex of the 5th generation" - the report says.

In late May, the Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Oleg Bocharov said that the industry is ready to begin mass production of the latest fifth-generation fighter.

"The industry is ready and technology, and to ensure the scientific staff, and on capacities Once it is clear that the specifications of the customer satisfied, go out and produce." - he said to "Interfax" Bocharov, who oversees the aviation industry.

The Deputy Minister noted that in Russia is "a normal process for all prospective complexes."

T-50 - Sukhoi PAK FA, Russian multipurpose fighter of the fifth generation, developed by "Sukhoi Design Bureau". It is equipped with an entirely new set of highly integrated avionics suite, which has a high level of automation of management and intellectual support crew.

The first flight of the PAK FA took place on January 29, 2010 in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.

The first planes are flying with an engine "of the first phase."

November 21, 2016 reported that carried out the first ground-launched advanced engine for the fighter PAK FA (T-50), the press service of the United Engine Corporation (UEC).

They noted that the engine development is "OKB. A.Lyulki" and launch demonstrator engine was conducted on Lytkarinsky engineering plant.

According to public data, the PAK FA will meet the following requirements: a supersonic flight without afterburner, low visibility (for the radar, optical, acoustic and other detection systems), maneuverability and the ability to perform a relatively short takeoff and landing.

https://www.aex.ru/news/2017/7/3/171841/

Sam Biswas

I only wonder when our Russian friends will allow an Indian fighter pilot fly one of their T-50! It will be also nice if they bring one to India to demonstrate its stealth. I bet they won't be able to do it anytime soon!

IndianHawk

Country flag
I only wonder when our Russian friends will allow an Indian fighter pilot fly one of their T-50! It will be also nice if they bring one to India to demonstrate its stealth. I bet they won't be able to do it anytime soon!
F16 is coming to india. I wonder f35 might just follow it.

We had a committee or group to look into FGFA contract any news ?? Anybody??

StealthFlanker

Country flag

Update: here you go

As far as i know, the part where PAK-FA launch the missile is CGI
It is taken from this video

Sam Biswas

F16 is coming to india. I wonder f35 might just follow it.

We had a committee or group to look into FGFA contract any news ?? Anybody??

Whichever way India and IAF want to go is OK but hope they will streamline fighter jet lines. Among foreign Make in India fighter jets, India should select one fourth gen and one fifth gen line and stick to those. Best choice would be F-16 for Air Force and F-35 A-C for Air Force as well as Navy.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles