Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

@gadeshi what is in there to reduce the heat signature in T-50?
It's not much you can do on this technology level. The first is engine naccels and compartments ventilation and exaust stream cooling mixing it with cool outer air. That's it.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's not much you can do on this technology level. The first is engine naccels and compartments ventilation and exaust stream cooling mixing it with cool outer air. That's it.

Ok... I dont know, but may be I am over imaginative, but can't it be done by elongating the nozzle an bit and running super cool liquid nitrogen through the wall of the evhaust?
Just an imagination though :).

NLD

Ok... I dont know, but may be I am over imaginative, but can't it be done by elongating the nozzle an bit and running super cool liquid nitrogen through the wall of the evhaust?
Just an imagination though :).
It will be difficult…I can say it as not at all possible…Cauz if u have to keep nitrogen u ll be in need of a chamber for it…cooling system for it…the weight of it…sensor for it to see whether is it leaking… I have only said some reasons(u may call it something like silly reason). But i think u might have got an idea why nitrogen cant be used…

Chinmoy

Country flag
It will be difficult…I can say it as not at all possible…Cauz if u have to keep nitrogen u ll be in need of a chamber for it…cooling system for it…the weight of it…sensor for it to see whether is it leaking… I have only said some reasons(u may call it something like silly reason). But i think u might have got an idea why nitrogen cant be used…
Thanks, but none of them are silly. As far as sensor is concerned, I think incorporating one is the least of worry in this regard. What would be a serious setback is storing the nitrogen and keeping the flow intact in a high pressure.
BTW, I was just studying the effect of extreme heat on nitrogen when this silly idea came to me :). Anyway, thanks for the thought.

sorcerer

Country flag
Sukhoi PAK FA versus Chengdu J-20: Which Fighter Has the Bigger Punch?
© Sputnik/ Maksim Blinov
Military & Intelligence
10:40 14.09.2015(updated 13:36 14.09.2015) Get short URL
The US magazine The National Interest, which takes much interest in comparing countries' military hardware, has chosen a new pair of war machines to compare: Russia’s Sukhoi PAK-FA and China's Chengdu J-20.
Though both aircraft are positioned as air superiority fighters, the magazine’s defense analyst doubts that the J-20 could be called as such.

“Overall, the J-20 could be the more useful machine if it was used as a strike aircraft,” the article says.

The analysis goes further, that if Russia was predicting for whatever reason in a conflict with China, the war would most likely take place on Russia’s territory rather than in China, specifically in Russia’s Far East.

Test flight of T-50, fifth generation fighter aircraft designed by Sukhoi OKB
“Range will be an important factor. While there is no specific information available about the range performance of either the J-20 or PAK-FA, given the size of the Chinese aircraft, one suspects it has longer legs. It probably also has a much greater payload.”

The Sukhoi PAK FA, also known as the T-50, had originally listed a maximum speed of 1,520 mph (2,446 kmph), or March 2.35, which was then reduced to March 2.1, and, ultimately, to March 2 (1,330 mph, or 2,140 kmph at sea level). Its cruising speed would be 1,120 mph (1,802 kmph).

Its listed ferry range is 3,400 miles (5,471kmph), and it has an operational service ceiling of 65,000 feet (19,812 meters).

According to the data available on the J-20, it can climb at a rate of 304m/s. Its maximum speed is 2,100km/h. The range and service ceiling are 3,400km and 18,000m respectively.

These metrics favor Russia’s fighter.

While both are positioned as stealth planes, “it’s hard to say what would happen if the two were to meet head on in an aerial battle,” The National Interest states. “There has never been an instance where two stealth aircraft have met in an air-to-air encounter. “

“If the J-20 and PAK-FA prove to be genuinely stealthy, an aerial engagement might devolve into a within visual range dogfight.”

In such case, it says, “the J-20, which is powered by engines intended for the Sukhoi Su-27, is at a huge disadvantage”.

“Compared to the PAK-FA, the J-20 is underpowered and wouldn’t have the energy addition to keep up. Moreover, the PAK-FA has three-dimensional thrust vectoring for outstanding low speed handling. That means the Russian aircraft probably has the edge in turn rate, turn radius and high angle of attack performance.”
“But if both sides have high off-boresight missiles and helmet-mounted cueing systems, with a little luck, the J-20 might get a lucky shot—however, the PAK-FA probably still has the edge.”

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/201...-china-fighters-comparison.html#ixzz3li4bgw3o

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Country flag
http://m.economictimes.com/articleshow/48932038.cmscms
LetIAF test-fly fifth-generation fighter aircraft, India asks Russia
NEW DELHI: Ahead of PM Narendra Modi's visit to Mos cow in December, India has askedRussia to allow IAF test pilots to fly its fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) to evaluate its capabilities.

"Flight-testing will help decide the way forward on the collaboration between the two countries on the FGFA. All options, ranging from an off-the-shelf purchase of 60-65 jets to joint production, are on the table," said a topdefence ministry official on Friday.

The fact that India needs an FGFA, which combines stealth, super-cruise capability, super-maneuverability data fusion and multi-sensor integration on a single fighter, in the years ahead cannot be disputed.
Can't wait for December now, I'm guessing lots of goodies coming. Also expecting the Putinator to be invited to the 26th of January as Chief Guest.

gadeshi

There is lot of space between two engines what's for that?
In f-22 you don't see space between engines
It is called "aerodynamic tunel" - drastically increases liftpower.

gadeshi

And also significantly reduces middel cross-section, which drastically reduces drag and makes supercruise required jet power significantly lower.
So it allows T-50 to fly 2650kmph (2.48M) / 2100kmph (2M) instead of 2450kmph / 1570kmph (1,25M) of F-22

gadeshi

Did anyone post a T50 picture with the weapon bay opened?
I think, we won't see it until 2017 at least - MWB aerodynamics allows all-altitudes supersonic delivery, so all the solutions that allow this are under great secrecy.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@gadeshi How would they hide the heat signatures of the twin engine like F22 ? :confused1: do they have any plan for that ?

gadeshi

@gadeshi How would they hide the heat signatures of the twin engine like F22 ? :confused1: do they have any plan for that ?
You should look at Rafale FLIR video from Farnborough airshow, where it is clearly visible that F-22 shines like a sun in IR specter even without afterburning.
So, T-50 developers have decided not to bother it too much...

Global Defence

Articles