Sukhoi PAK FA

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Which other fighter has displayed Unlimited High AOA at 360* like the MKI or Su-35 does , Not even F-22 has shown such limitless AOA , PAK-FA with 3D TVC can even do much better than the two other russian fighter. The other European fighter does not come even closer.

S-Duct starves the engine during such unlimited AOA and can lead to flame out
I have never heard of 360 degree Alpha before. :confused:

Austin

Well what i meant was almost limiless AOA capability no limiters

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Well obviously people are confusing the higher slow speed AOA bestowed on a plane by 3D thrust vectoring with efficiencies of air intake.These very slow speed AOA maneuvers , while may offer help in close combat, it won't help any fighter to avoid an air to air missile.

Austin

Thrust Vectoring is fine but at low speed you still need your engine to remain functional at almost limitless AOA and at almost zero speed , Thats where the entire ability of engine to not get starved of air comes into picture . Limitless AOA will help an aircraft to fire its missile first at the target in close combat , Atleast that i what i heard from IAF Sukhoi boys.

Austin

TsAGI and PAK-FA! (English subtitles)

[video=youtube_share;Obj8iyd7hzU]http://youtu.be/Obj8iyd7hzU[/video]

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
TsAGI and PAK-FA! (English subtitles)
11:40 = 117 is a transition engine and production ones will have a much powerful one, maybe one with flat turning nozels (a la F-22?)

Novice

Designing a plane befor you develope the engine would make me nervous. India Tejas is a good example, if I recall right India spent about 30 years designing and building the plane spending a lot of money and when they finally finished it seemed the engine did not fit the plane. Unmitigated failure: Indian Tejas scrapped. New Snecma plane? - World Politics - Zimbio
Comparing Indin with Russia in Engine technology :shocked:? I would let people with better know how take that one. :frusty:

Last edited:

average american

Last edited:

p2prada

X posting from Russia defence.

8.2.13 ON THE BASIS OF SINGLE PAK FA WILL CREATE A SINGLE VERSION OF THE

February 8 2013.

ARMS-TASS . On the basis of single perspective frontline aviation complex (PAK FA), also known as the fighter of the 5th generation, will be designed by the double version, told the president of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), Mikhail Pogosyan, the air show "Aero India 2013" at Bangalore.

"Details - after will be signed procurement contracts. Inform Then, how many single-seater, and how many double," - he said.

Pogosyan said that today those planes of the 5th generation, "who pass the test are single, but certainly, there will be two-seaters."

He added that the tests connected the fourth prototype fighter 5 th generation - T-50-4. "All going well and smoothly," - said the head of the KLA.

State tests of the first five fighters of the 5th generation will begin on the basis of the test center in Akhtubinsk Air Force in March.

The first flight of the PAK FA took place January 29, 2010 in Komsomolsk-on-Amur: up in the air then the first prototype aircraft, designated T-50-1. In comparison with the previous generation fighters PAK FA has several unique features, combining the functions of attack aircraft and fighter. Thus, it is equipped with promising radar with a phased antenna array and a fundamentally new avionics. The composition of the latter, in particular, integrated "electronic pilot", which greatly reduces the workload of the pilot.

Fighter of the 5th generation has an unprecedented low level of radar, optical and infrared signature, which significantly increases the combat effectiveness of the aircraft at work both on air and ground targets.

Series production of the PAK FA to begin after 2015. Russian Air Force plans to get 60 of these aircraft.

Based on the PAK FA project is developing a joint Russian-Idian future aircraft - FGFA (Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft). It will be different from the base of the Russian fighter of the 5th generation. According to the data of the Indian side, the project FGFA air forces of India identified the 40-45 positions, which need to finalize the Russian PAK FA. In particular, India needs to develop a new airborne radar with active electronically scanned array (AESA radar with) full vision of 360 degrees.

According to open sources, India is planning to put into service 214 fighter FGFA by 2030. Cost of production declared batch - 30 billion U.S. dollars.
ИТАР-ТАСС
So, according to this there will be a twin seat version of the PMF. Also, numbers are still not decided (highlighted in Red), so that earlier report on 144 units was horse sh!t.

Of course, I am highlighting again, we will have a 360 degree radar capability.

Crusader53

I still believe India should have purchased the rights to build and develop a 2-Seat Strike Version of the PAK-FA. Something like a 5th Generation F-15E/K. Which, would be a market untapped.....

p2prada

I still believe India should have purchased the rights to build and develop a 2-Seat Strike Version of the PAK-FA. Something like a 5th Generation F-15E/K. Which, would be a market untapped.....
Check post #2592.

Pogoysan confirms there will be a two seat version.

Shirman

Country flag
Wasn't the U.S. goin to make a two seater version of F-35 for the Israelis called the F-35I.......I heard it from the Israelis them self that their airforce will heavily customize their version of F-35 with Uber Gizmos from Elbit Systems, IAI , Rafael respectively......

p2prada

Wasn't the U.S. goin to make a two seater version of F-35 for the Israelis called the F-35I.......I heard it from the Israelis them self that their airforce will heavily customize their version of F-35 with Uber Gizmos from Elbit Systems, IAI , Rafael respectively......
Regular F-35s will come with BAE made EW systems.

F-35I will come with Israeli made EW systems.

I guess that's about the biggest difference.

Lets see if the two seat program actually takes off.

f-15 is 5th gen :toilet:
You misunderstood his words.

Last edited:

Crusader53

No, the US never had a plan for a two seat F-35 and the F-22 is out of production.

Sunder singh

i dought if that isreal have any uber gizmos when compared with USA:confused:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles