Sukhoi PAK FA

Shirman

Country flag
Ten years, one wonders if todays technology might be obsolete in air warfare in ten years.
You know what Sir even I think even STEALTH can be obsolete in air warfare in 10 years......

A wonderful article was posted right here on DFI days back by @ LurkerBaba here's the link:- http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...t-detection-system-using-quantum-imaging.html

It says "Unjammable Aircraft Detection system using Quantium Imaging solutions" which i think can be achieved even in 5 years if given adequate funding......

Now imagine an airborne target say a VLO / semi-stealth medium size UAV while air-policing a particular area (U.S. imposed no flying zone) shoots this beam of rays in 360 degrees like radar... and picks up a Sharp Shape Stealth feature F-22 at a reasonable distance.......:wave:

Anoop Sajwan

Ten years, one wonders if todays technology might be obsolete in air warfare in ten years.
:cool2::cool2:
Thats why you scrap f-22 project because it will be outdated wiyhin a decade. Now f-35 is in line, than just tell me what will be your future doctrine because in 2025 USAF will use more than 2000 outdated fighters.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

average american

Theres no airforce n the world that can defeat a 100 F22 much less two hundred plus F35 and the rest of the USA Airforce.

Can you imagine what its going to be like going up against the USA. X47 takeing out satelites, Navy 11000 missiles with pin point accuracy, over 5000 drones,,, a 1000 combat drones, cruise missiles, two hundred F22,, F35 and 15000 military aircraft not even counting helicopters. EMP drones, and missiles. Other top secret weapons you dont even know about.

Talking about overkill.

Last edited:

average american

The Predator C is takeing off aircraft now, but more soon

Expect we can pretty well do what you see on the vidio by 2020 2022, think we are shifting funding from F22 and F35 into combat drones. They are just too cost effective to pass up. There is some kind of hybrid EMP/:LAZER weapon out there that top secret.

Last edited:

t_co

There wont be any news till the first prototype is delivered in 2014
India isn't doing any development itself? No systems tests?

I'm curious, because it seems the DRDO and HAL has been quite public with other programs, like the MCA, Arjun, Brahmos, etc. Why is the FGFA project so secretive?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
India is developing avionics & radar etc afaik... not cleared for public release.

I'm curious, because it seems the DRDO and HAL has been quite public with other programs, like the MCA, Arjun, Brahmos, etc. Why is the FGFA project so secretive?

p2prada

So any progress on the FGFA?
Wind tunnel tests are going on.

A grainy picture of a scale model for tests was shown last year.

India is doing 25% of the development. The reason for the two years delay is because HAL failed to provide cockpit design in time. We don't know the extent of the flying tests that India will conduct. But a lot of it will be done in India.

Preliminary design was recently completed and the design stage has started.

So, until the first prototype flies, we won't have much details.

p2prada

Theres no airforce n the world that can defeat a 100 F22 much less two hundred plus F35 and the rest of the USA Airforce.

Can you imagine what its going to be like going up against the USA. X47 takeing out satelites, Navy 11000 missiles with pin point accuracy, over 5000 drones,,, a 1000 combat drones, cruise missiles, two hundred F22,, F35 and 15000 military aircraft not even counting helicopters. EMP drones, and missiles. Other top secret weapons you dont even know about.

Talking about overkill.
Add extra zeros to your figures and we will have that for China. They are expected to overtake the US economy this decade.
We will follow up on that from the next decade.

The US economy is too small and growing too slowly.

Russia is currently contemplating how they plan on countering with their 2000+ next gen tanks against China's 20000+ tanks by the middle of next decade.

Austin

Russian T-50 made its first long flight - Rogozin

"Promising aviation complex tactical aircraft (PAK FA) T-50 after the first solo flight from the Far East landed in Zhukovsky," - he wrote in his microblog on twitter.

Deputy Prime Minister noted that the aircraft is equipped with almost the full avionics and surveillance and attack systems.

"This is a major breakthrough! Machine broke 7000 km, making the road to the capital of two landing in Abakan and Chelyabinsk. Congratulations team of developers and testers" - said Rogozin.

p2prada

I wonder if we know the number of stops and mid air refueling conducted.

Austin

I wonder if we know the number of stops and mid air refueling conducted.
From Lenta.ru: Оружие: ПАК ФА впервые совершил длительный перелет

According to Rogozin, on the way from KnAAPO T-50-4 made "‹"‹two landings - Abakan and Chelyabinsk. Distance from Komsomolsk-on-Amur to Zhukovsky - over 8,000 kilometers. However, Rogozin wrote that the PAK FA crossed 7000 kilometers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles