Sukhoi PAK FA

pankaj nema

Country flag
Indian Air Force Chief Outlines Fighter Jet Plans | Aviation International News

An Indian negotiating team is heading for Russia to finalize details of the country's participation in development of the Sukhoi T-50, also known by the Russian acronym PAK FA and by India as the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA). India is providing half of the expected $11 billion cost to develop the aircraft, and earlier signed a preliminary design contract worth $295 million. The Indian development contract is expected to take six months to conclude, AIN has learned.

In an exclusive interview, Indian air force chief of staff Norman Anil Kumar Browne told AIN, "The contract incorporates our specifications, which are very demanding." Browne drew a distinction between the FGFA version and the original PAK FA, three prototypes of which are already flying. "We still do not know what [our] final version will be like until we finish. What I can say is that it will be very different from the Russian version, including weapons, avionics and sensors."

The PAK FA development program needs to complete 5,000 sorties, Browne said. "So we have work to do. The fourth prototype will fly soon," he predicted. Government defense contractor Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) will be participating in design and development. Following signature of the contract, HAL officials and Indian Air Force (IAF) test pilots will be based in Russia for seven years during the R&D phase.

"[The IAF] will get three prototypes for testing–the first in 2014/15, the second in 2017 and in 2019 the final one, which will be the version we order," said Browne. Russian air force commander Gen. Victor Bondarev said recently that his service would receive production aircraft in 2015.

The IAF had "preliminary thoughts" about acquiring the Lockheed Martin F-35 in 2004/2005, but signed the MoU with Russia for the FGFA in 2007. "I am confident the F-35 will be a good machine. But now we have a concrete plan. We have crossed the time [line] and cannot commit to more than one project," said Browne when asked whether India could still consider the F-35.

India initially planned to have 166 single-seat and 48 two-seat FGFAs, but recently it decided to take all 214 as single-seaters. AIN understands that the decision was driven by the fidelity of modern simulation, as well as the additional cost of building two-seaters.

Defcon 1

Country flag
The model isn't a toy. It is a scaled down version of the actual aircraft, at least the airframe aspects.

The wings and moving parts behave the same way as on a real aircraft.

This may be an internal record though.

3D printers? Models are made using metal or composites. 3D computational tools are used for measurement. I don't know what you mean by a printer.
A 3d printer creates an actual object corresponding the 3d shape provided to it but cutting through a block of raw material(such as a block of plastic) provided to it. It is not actually a printer, but still.

arya

Country flag
if they are saying 2015 then i assure you it will be 2020 sorry its hurt but truth

Defcon 1

Country flag
The best I can tell learned from six generations of stealth operational planes the F22 does not need IRST at the present time because no enemy planes truly stealthy.. or I should say stealthier then the F22. The F22 stratgy is always going to detect the T50 or PAK FA first, its going to get its shot and then evade the the remaining T50 or PAK FAs. its impossilbe to defeat an enemy if you cant see him or find him.

What I find amazeing is the USA spends on Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation $79.1 billion
Military budget of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This more then the entire budget of the Russian Military..74 billion....yet by some weird logic or miracle, or some weird thinking that defies all common sense you all think Russia is going to develope weapons equal or superior to the USA.

If I was you all I would really keep a close eye on the Russias that you are not buying a pig in a poke, I wonder if India could put togather a strictly objective committee that with out being bribed, or emotionally involved approve of the PAK FA. I expect Russia also knows they cant match the F22 and F35 or maybe even upgraded legacy fighters. But they got massive number of people to keep employed and India as a cash cow to keep them employed.
The only thing that is weird here how you can come here and boast about US's R&D budget without having even a basic knowledge of economics. Heads up kid, search for the term "Purchasing Power Parity". Since I am sure you will be too busy to do that, I will break it down to you. Russia and India are low income countries, that mean wages are low and prices commodities are also lower here.

This basically means that you can get more R&D done in India than you could afford in the US after investing equal amount of money in both the countries. Some simple calculations will tell you that you can get a little less three times the amount R&D in India as compared to what you would get in US after investing equal amount(Done after a very simple assumption, the actual figure will vary)

Wiki says that total development cost of F35 is 56.4 billions, while that of PAK FA is 11 billion. Multiply it by 3 and you reach 33 billion. Now, that is not a whole lot of difference considering that PAK FA won't have 3 versions like F35 and also PAK FA is not being built from scratch. So, the money spent is comparable. I hope now you will shut up your superiority rhetoric and start spending some time in reading as well.

p2prada

A 3d printer creates an actual object corresponding the 3d shape provided to it but cutting through a block of raw material(such as a block of plastic) provided to it. It is not actually a printer, but still.
I am pretty sure models are not made in such a way though.

if they are saying 2015 then i assure you it will be 2020 sorry its hurt but truth
According to Sukhoi, everything is going according to schedule. They have already started opening the flight envelope. Sukhoi will actually be handing over pre-serial production models to VVS in 2013.

When they say 2015, they are actually talking about the first IOC squadron. According to the schedule the first delivery is expected in 2014.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
The serpentine airintake is not applied in PAKFA.The compressor blades are going to be visible from the front.The IAF which asked for 100 percent stealth on AMCA and asked for the redesign of the AMCA again has not looked into this factor at all.

.Why the PAKFA didnot employ serpentine or Y duct intake.Even F-22 employed it 20 years before .It seems,The LCA too employed Y duct intake in the 1990s itself.

The radar blocker russsians are proposing on the inlet to hide compressor blades is not stealth compliant.

Since J-10,F-22,F-35 and even LCA block the radar blades,how come SUKHOI design bereau failed to pay attention to it?

They just modified the design of existing flanker with not much premium on stealth.

The sensitive X band asea radars can pick up a stealthy cruise missile at a distance of 50 km as per available literature.

SO with more advances in asea tach over the next 15 years,From how far will be the engine blade will be picked up?

There are murmurs on IAF on this already.This is no joint venture.We are being shown the product whose design was already completed.Unlike people flaming ADA, they are unable to utter one word in open about it.SURPRISE.SURPRISE.

So frontal stealth of PAKFA will be less than J-10 according to all sources.Is 20 billion dollar worth it?

Why didn't IAF ask SUKHOI design team to put implement serpentine air intake?

Are these intake issues addressed on the indian version of pakfa?

The first piece of model produced on the AMCA in ADA is serpentine intake.

It is astonishing that IAF is keeping silent about this. ANy views from forum members?

Last edited:

average american

I am pretty sure models are not made in such a way though.

According to Sukhoi, everything is going according to schedule. They have already started opening the flight envelope. Sukhoi will actually be handing over pre-serial production models to VVS in 2013.

When they say 2015, they are actually talking about the first IOC squadron. According to the schedule the first delivery is expected in 2014.
Dont think so, its running behind already......PAK-FA/FGFA/T50: India, Russia Cooperate on 5th-Gen Fighter
If I am not mistaken there is not a 3 to 1 differance for the pay of skilled engineers and researchers, and even if there is the question is how well is it working so far. You have spent 30 years building the HAL Tejas and still had farm out a large part of it to get it completed including the engine.

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Dont think so, its running behind already......PAK-FA/FGFA/T50: India, Russia Cooperate on 5th-Gen Fighter
If I am not mistaken there is not a 3 to 1 differance for the pay of skilled engineers and researchers, and even if there is the question is how well is it working so far. You have spent 30 years building the HAL Tejas and still had farm out a large part of it to get it completed including the engine.
You really are an idiot. According to PPP, if an American scientist is being paid thrice of his Indian counterpart, still the Indian scientist will be able to maintain the same lifestyle in India as the american scientist will do in the US. Again, read before you write.

average american

You really are an idiot. According to PPP, if an American scientist is being paid thrice of his Indian counterpart, still the Indian scientist will be able to maintain the same lifestyle in India as the american scientist will do in the US. Again, read before you write.
Only an idiot would buy into the Russian Indian PAK-FA concept, and remember you get what you pay for and in the case of the Tejas you got an maybe F16 type plane fifty years after the USA started produceing them. The Sukhoi PAK FA and FGFA are not fifth generation aircraf and its going to be a disaster. Calling plane a stealth plane does not make it a stealth plane. an the PAK FA is not a stealth plane.

Broadsword: Delays, challenges for Indo-Russian fighter

India's Version of Sukhoi T-50 Delayed by Two Years - RP Defense

By the time this disaster ends the Vikramaditya will look like a steal......Russian aircraft carrier delivery to India delayed | Reuters

Last edited:

average american

Tolaha

IAF Epiphany: FGFA is neither stealth nor 5th Generation - Indian Armed Forces - Zimbio

IAF Epiphany: FGFA is neither stealth nor 5th Generation

The Stealth That Couldn't

02 February 2010

By Alexander Golts

The prototype of the T-50 PAK FA, Russia's next-generation fighter jet, on Friday flew in such a dense cloud of lies that nobody can be sure exactly what they saw.

Read more: The Stealth That Couldn't | Opinion | The Moscow Times
The Moscow Times
Rupee News! :rolleyes: Moin Ansari! :rolleyes:

If you don't mind, can you please tell us how you came across the article? Also, if you went through the whole article?

Last edited:

average american

Rupee News! :rolleyes:

If you don't mind, can you please tell us how you came across the article? Also, if you went through the whole article?
Its more likely that you are going to hear the truths you dont want to hear from your enemies then your friends or the Russians and even the Russians according to Moscow Newspapers think you are being conned.

The prototype of the T-50 PAK FA, Russia's next-generation fighter jet, on Friday flew in such a dense cloud of lies that nobody can be sure exactly what they saw.

The Moscow Times

Its not that complicated, you cant trust the Russians, you cant even trust your own polticians or military not to have sold out to the Russians, we dont sell to any one the F22, you cant afford the F35, we would not sell it to you if you could for security reasons and its to complicated and not compatable with India systems anyway, you need to go for the Europeans stuff.

Last edited:

Tolaha

Its more likely that you are going to hear the truths you dont want to hear from your enemies then your friends or the Russians and even the Russians according to Moscow Newspapers think you are being conned.
You did not answer both my questions. Anyway, I will not take get offended but instead offer you one more article from the source and author you seem to be in awe of:

http://--------------/2009/02/junk-...ing-to-liberate-itself-from-ww2-restrictions/

I just glanced through the article and could find "F-35", "junk", "dog", "sub-standard", "total failure" written in them. I personally think that offering a link from a site like rupeenews is only done by imbeciles, but if you don't mind, then go ahead! But please stop posting links from such cheap/dubious websites here! :namaste:

Added later: oops... it doesnt get posted anyway! :D

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

The Moscow Times

Its not that complicated, you cant trust the Russians, you cant even trust your own polticians or military not to have sold out to the Russians, we dont sell to any one the F22, you cant afford the F35, we would not sell it to you if you could for security reasons and its to complicated and not compatable with India systems anyway, you need to go for the Europeans stuff.
Why dont you comment on the faulty OBORG system on F-22, which is actually brewing fighter pilot mutiny?

Also why did the US stopped orders for F-22 and developing F-35 wich is actually a step down from F-22.

Nowhere in modern history you can find examples of state of art weapon systems production was shut down in favor of lesser systems.

Compared to that PAKFA is going to face only chinese J-20.IAF is not going to fight F-22 with PAKFAs.SO they are more than enough for pakfa.
All fancy 5th gen planes rely on 4th gen asea radars and bvr missiles for attacking 4th gen planes.
no one knows how long they will rein supreme without foolproof counter measures are deployed against them .

Now one knows how long the X band steakth will last,so PAKFA and AMCA will do more than enough for IAF.

CAn you trust your politicians who went to war on iraq citing a non existant nuclear weapons threat?
No corrupt politician exist in US perhaps. What about scandals surrounding american politicians.
So everywhere you can find same set of politicians.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
GOLTZ article.

Does the T-50 PAK FA fighter— which journalists have incorrectly called the Russian Stealth — possess fifth-generation aircraft capabilities such as a constant flying speed of more than 2,000 kilometers per hour, a flight range of more than 5,000 kilometers, a low radar profile, radiolocation of distant enemy objects and long-range guided missiles? None of that is clear. Some sources claim that the onboard radio-detection system is still going through bench tests, and nothing whatsoever is known about its weapons systems.
india just doesn't need all that.All it needs is stealth against X band radar from pakfa and a decent load and decent range.IAF has no need to fly 2000 km per hour as constant speeeds or needs a range of 5000 km.That is a concern for russians not us.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
average american,
according to the same source rupee news ,one has to tear open the hull of nuclear sub to insert fuel rods and then weld it back.Is that the standard practice in US?

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles