Sukhoi developing new single-engine Su-57 derived stealth fighter

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I want the same kind of sensor features the Su-57 had to this aircraft, if not at least photonic radars based on operating frequencies of the Yakroma.

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/rwresm-and-passive-geolocation/

I know this has to be a feature of the Su-57 which is what I want for this new aircraft and that is turning the side radars and Himalayas system into passive detection mode while having the main radar nose active.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 25 Defeat10

If an aircraft tries to do an S-shape maneuver the passive radar accuracy would be completely off but it wont be completely off if the aircraft just flies a straight direction towards you.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 25 F-16_r10

Problem doing S-shape maneuvers in front over another aircraft just using active radar tracking will result in the sides of the aircraft being exposed with huge RCS returns, but to stay stealth towards an adversary's active radar you fly straight towards to them.

I am sure it is a function of the MIRES to change the side X-band, L-band and Himalayas system into passive tracking while having the radar nose beam remain active(function like Yenisei radar) meaning your adversary aircraft is fucked whatever they do. I am 110% sure a certain user is going to be pissed here because I am using their blog for my own means which they usually love to go spam a bunch of pictures from.
Then how it can be called passive if main radar is on.

omaebakabaka

Boeing x32 was one ugly plane hope ruskies have better beauty sense
I love that plane and arguably the boeing competitor to F-22 had its own advantages....whats not to like about the mouth, f-16 is so beautiful and what is that bird that sports a mouth like that...

omaebakabaka

Easy turn the side X-bands, L-band and Himalayas into passive mode, turn the main nose radar into active mode which is separate from those 3. Sensor fusion of different sensors giving you the target information in real time.
How does that make a big difference as one of them is still active? I guess combining the networking part is critical in this setup but mostly in distributed operations where not every plane needs to operate in active mode like 3 to 10 ratio

panzerfeist1

Country flag
How does that make a big difference as one of them is still active? I guess combining the networking part is critical in this setup but mostly in distributed operations where not every plane needs to operate in active mode like 3 to 10 ratio
Pulling S-maneuvers ruins passive radar accuracy but pulling those maneuvers on an active radar gets high RCS returns for better active radar tracking. If you want to stay stealth your front features always have the lowest RCS returns therefore let the adversary only see your face when flying straight, but problem with that is passive radar accuracy would go back up for the adversary aircraft.

I am speaking more on a 1 v 1 kind of basis, because I am sure one aircraft can go passive and the other can go active exchanging radar information between each other in engaging the target.

omaebakabaka

Pulling S-maneuvers ruins passive radar accuracy but pulling those maneuvers on an active radar gets high RCS returns for better active radar tracking. If you want to stay stealth your front features always have the lowest RCS returns therefore let the adversary only see your face when flying straight, but problem with that is passive radar accuracy would go back up for the adversary aircraft.

I am speaking more on a 1 v 1 kind of basis, because I am sure one aircraft can go passive and the other can go active exchanging radar information between each other in engaging the target.
Its funny, between similarly capable aircraft these features have neutralizing effect as both of them employ and it returns to good old dog fighting pilot skills

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Its funny, between similarly capable aircraft these features have neutralizing effect as both of them employ and it returns to good old dog fighting pilot skills
The thing is I know that aircrafts with main radar noses can go active/passive but they cannot go both at same time. Its good that passive radars receive radio waves from adversary at different time intervals than the main radar that is also turned on getting targeting information.

omaebakabaka

The thing is I know that aircrafts with main radar noses can go active/passive but they cannot go both at same time. Its good that passive radars receive radio waves from adversary at different time intervals than the main radar that is also turned on getting targeting information.
Ofcourse, with AESA perhaps its possible to do mixed modes atleast in theory but probably does not make sense....you ask me every shit from consumer devices to defence is getting over complicated and you need computers to manager computers as these things happen in nano and milli seconds. Its neither here nor there world at the moment as the human is still involved....quality is getting better but so is obsolescence and scarily so. Import dependent countries are fucked in my opinion and will end up being someone else's bitches

StealthFlanker

Country flag
They don't have to, because most modern aircraft has ESM/ELINT antennas array on their wing tip or leading edges completely separated from their main radar already. It has been a standard for a while
1.jpg

EA-18G.png

Another way is using loitering drone
7.png

8.png

Last edited:

panzerfeist1

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles