Sukhoi developing new single-engine Su-57 derived stealth fighter

Pash

Country flag
Russia’s Sukhoi began work on the creation of a tactical single-engine, fifth-gen fighter jet which will be built using stealth technologies and Su-57 platform, a key source in the aircraft construction industry told Sputnik

“During the development of the aircraft, it is planned to widely use the groundwork developed in the framework of the creation of the Su-57, including the state-of-the-art product 30 engine, radio-absorbing coatings, on-board radio-electronic equipment, a weapon system,” the source said.

The latest statements on a new light single-engine jet appears to be motivated by the need for Russia to stay competitive in an evolving arms market. In recent years, developing countries have selected fighter aircraft like the Chinese-developed JF-17 and South Korean F/A-50, while more advanced militaries have opted for US and European systems.

IndianHawk

Country flag
It will be an exciting design. If Russia is able to produce new engine which is planned or an engine with Ceramic blades with high thrust, it will win. Electronics play an important part in it.
They are building it for exports which means russian airforce won't fund it. First they need foreign funding for this and a partner.

Kchontha

Country flag
Item 30 is a capable engine but for a single engine fughter the powerplant may be a diiferent one. Ruskies want to boast off.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

JBH22

Boeing x32 was one ugly plane hope ruskies have better beauty sense
MIG 29 and Su 27 should give you sense about Russian Aesthetic, not one beautiful girls but all rugged, cheap and decent quality weapons.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I THINK THAT IF WE REALLY WANT TO CO DEV SOME FIGHTER AIRCRAFT WITH RUSKIES THEN WE SHOULD CO DEV VTOL FIGHTER JET AS THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST EXP WITH YAK SERIES

AS IN FUTURE WE WILL OPERATE HELICOPTER CARRIER SO IT ALSO HELP TO OPERATE HELICOPTER CARRIER IN FULL POTENTIAL

F 35 IS ALSO BASED ON YAK 141

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Russia does not need a fighter with single engine. Because Russia's territory is too large, the range of single-engine fighters is too small.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Russia does not need a fighter with single engine. Because Russia's territory is too large, the range of single-engine fighters is too small.
But russia needs a cheap flighter. Range of current mig29 and mig35 isn't any better than any western single engine jets and russia has hundreds of them.

The reason was unreliability of russian engine. Now with new engine russian can actually build a single engine jet to replace mig29/35.

Trololo

Country flag
But russia needs a cheap flighter. Range of current mig29 and mig35 isn't any better than any western single engine jets and russia has hundreds of them.

The reason was unreliability of russian engine. Now with new engine russian can actually build a single engine jet to replace mig29/35.
Lets see how the Item-30 engine turns out. And I think that they won't roll out that single engine Lightningski anytime soon until the Su-57s have served a good time with the new engines. I'm pretty sure many faults will come out at first that will be rectified in subsequent iterations.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
I want the same kind of sensor features the Su-57 had to this aircraft, if not at least photonic radars based on operating frequencies of the Yakroma.

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/rwresm-and-passive-geolocation/

I know this has to be a feature of the Su-57 which is what I want for this new aircraft and that is turning the side radars and Himalayas system into passive detection mode while having the main radar nose active.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 25 Defeat10

If an aircraft tries to do an S-shape maneuver the passive radar accuracy would be completely off but it wont be completely off if the aircraft just flies a straight direction towards you.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 25 F-16_r10

Problem doing S-shape maneuvers in front over another aircraft just using active radar tracking will result in the sides of the aircraft being exposed with huge RCS returns, but to stay stealth towards an adversary's active radar you fly straight towards to them.

I am sure it is a function of the MIRES to change the side X-band, L-band and Himalayas system into passive tracking while having the radar nose beam remain active(function like Yenisei radar) meaning your adversary aircraft is fucked whatever they do. I am 110% sure a certain user is going to be pissed here because I am using their blog for my own means which they usually love to go spam a bunch of pictures from.

omaebakabaka

Exactly, plus single engine fighters are still useful if they are relatively cheap vs heavy fighters with twin engines as they are always useful in forward bases as interceptors.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles