Suggestions and Feedback

A.V.

I am highly disappointed the way DFI gone offline without any notification, on the top of that makers of DFI chosen very incorrect day i.e. 26th January which is our Republic Day. I had lots of plan to remain online for maximum no of hours on 26th Jan as it was my non working day. On the top of that, how many times DFI supposed to go overhauled? I think there was number of occassions on which it has already been given an all new look.

Anyway, new look does gives it international touch, hopefully font type will be great.

Happy Republic Day
very sorry zoom it was not the intensio to just down randomly this is not just about the look its a new software alltogether updated and with a new DFI website that will make things even better the sudden offline was a result of technical upgrade failure but we worked at great speed to get everything done in the first year we made many security changes and certain security updates are necessary every 2 months but major shutdown will be averted

sorry again hope you will find the wait worthwhile

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I like the new look it seems that we have upgraded from xp to 7 :D but i have some suggestions :
1. "Today" "Yesterday" markings in threads' new posts should be bold/underlined/italicized in different colour.
2. Name of the poster should also be in different colours and bold/italicized/?/whatever but should be clearly visible.

I mean it should be colourful so that we can see all new posts & poster's name clearly!!

tharikiran

Country flag
Congrats to the DFI team for the efforts.
I can understand the efforts you guys have made to do this upgrade. Sloggin it out non stop for the version upgrade.
We did a SAP version upgrade for a client recently. :)

Guess, will take time to get the hang of it.
I would like you guys to place some awesome images on the home page. First impression is the best impression.

So, please deck up the home page.

tharikiran

Country flag
clicking on a link in live posts does not take to the latest post. Basically, no provision to go to last post.

A.V.

clicking on a link in live posts does not take to the latest post. Basically, no provision to go to last post.
on the forum home display on individual forum click on the double arrow button takes you to last post of that forum

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In the Live posts section, when the link for thread is clicked on, it doesn't take me to the latest post but it takes to the first post on the first page. This needs to be fixed.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
This is a problem faced by our member Roma-- I post it here

hi mr ahmed - with the old format i could go to my profile and see the posts i had made and after locating those posts rather easily with a click or 2 , i could also see the responses to my posts . that gave me a quick continuity and not having to go all over looking for which posts i had participated in . that made it convenient time-wise for me to participate

now i cant find the same facility with this new format and so i cant locate the posts i participated in

can you or a colleague help ?

thanks ,
Roma

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
This is a problem faced by our member Roma-- I post it here

hi mr ahmed - with the old format i could go to my profile and see the posts i had made and after locating those posts rather easily with a click or 2 , i could also see the responses to my posts . that gave me a quick continuity and not having to go all over looking for which posts i had participated in . that made it convenient time-wise for me to participate

now i cant find the same facility with this new format and so i cant locate the posts i participated in

can you or a colleague help ?

thanks ,
Roma
Roma,

When you go to your profile, on the left side there is "Find all Posts" option. Click on that, it will take you to all the posts you have made. I hope this helps.

Please see the below image to understand what I'm trying to say.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Guys the new forum does look good and as i earlier said Kudos to the team ; here's a few points and suggestions

1)As of now i cannot upload any avatar i cannot see a link to do so on my profile, i do not know whether anyone else has faced the same problem
2)bring back the comments feature it was a good way to reply if all that came to mind was a one liner
3)The default reply option should be advanced reply not quick reply
4)I believe the quick register option we had on the homepage earlier should be returned; this helped us to get more members
5)I keep getting a message box saying this site is running a script that slows down your PC(only in my office network i might add)I did not use to get this on the old setup.
6)Maybe more style pallette options for the forum could be brought in.
7)The team could try and insert some pics into the top margin aka Worldaffairs board or even Bharat rakshak.

Last edited:

A.V.

BR for your avatar setting click on >SETTINGS link on on the top right of the page next to my profile and log out it will take you to your user control panel where you will have options to upload avatar

about the old features its not compatible with the new version we are coding the thanks , gallery and old shoutbox so that we can use them here rest will be added with time

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Hey don't mean to add to the problems but my profile albums have disappeared:)
Oh btw great job with the upgrade, it looks so good that i have tears in my eyes and i've been thinking about visiting DFI for my honeymoon :p

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
I like to take this opportunity to congratulate and thank DFI Management for their hard work. But it will be great if we can be notified about future up gradation in advance.
I was worried about the site being hacked.

I hope to see DFI achieving great height with each passing day.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Thanks for the new form really fast! please short out basic problems

1. when I access shout box iam getting message box like "taking long time to execute the due want to stop it now?

2. unable use reply with Quote function taking long time

Agantrope

No thanks option
No comment option
No smiley :(

But this looks really coollllllllll

A.V.

the delay is in part because of work in progress , search will be configured told that smileys and thanks will be added soon so will we many other new features the problem with old threads will be resolved soon too

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
mr ahmed sid - thanks for the help . that makes it easier now , great !

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
ok i tried the suggestion but it shows only the last two posts i made not the past few which i think are still current . Nevertheless im not a complainer and not coplaining here ! hehehe just info ok ? i guess with time it should sort out . and please accept my congrat s for tryng to iprove things , for sure the attitude of the moderators and owners is FIRST CLASS ! THANKS FRIENDS !

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
View attachment 42

I did posted in another thread , m posting again that one of the script (most probabaly) Shout box is making my web browser unresponsive when ever i m logging in forum. I am using IE and my windows are windows 7.
Please in need help.
Thanks

Tamil

Country flag
Hi Friends! iSpy is Soo cool, and Smiles is very limited we need more. Consider my request also...

Tnx in Advance...

Anand MS

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles