Suggestions and Feedback

Rage

DFI TEAM
I don't like it.

Then again, I'm conservative to change.

I was just getting used to the old thematics, when whoosh! a new template takes over.

Are ya'll using VBulletin4.0 Gold? If so, wren't there concerns about a predetermined release schedule imperiling the stability of the product?

I hope you guys plan on adding some modifications/"hacks". 'Cuz as of now, the forum looks....bleh!

I 'unno if these would be helpful:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
A frank Qn. R u DFI guys sure that it was a normal development?
What do you mean?. This upgrade is part of a normal process to give DFI members a better environment and ease to use features.

A.V.

guys many changes will take place in a couple of days hold on the aim is to have a professional , simple look yet friendly in appearance

Flint

Great upgrade. Congratulations and Happy Republic day.

A.V.

A frank Qn. R u DFI guys sure that it was a normal development?
no rahul not normal at all because guys here havent slept for 2 days together to get this done at the earliest possible but this was already planned and many members were informed however we failed to tell you just before shutdown because it was a very complicated process to move from vb3 x to vb 4 gold work is still being done and will be gr8 once you see the final outcome

Quickgun Murugan

I cannot thank anyone's post any more. My old avatar is gone. All threads looks the same.

AV: With all due respect to the arduous effort you have put in updating this forum, what distinct advantage does this new format have over the previous one?

A.V.

I cannot thank anyone's post any more. My old avatar is gone. All threads looks the same.

AV: With all due respect to the arduous effort you have put in updating this forum, what distinct advantage does this new format have over the previous one?
QM wait for the final configuration let me say its only 15 % of the change thats done now from now no more shutdowns but work silently behind in a weeks time you will feel the change

Rahul Singh

Country flag
no rahul not normal at all because guys here havent slept for 2 days together to get this done at the earliest possible but this was already planned and many members were informed however we failed to tell you just before shutdown because it was a very complicated process to move from vb3 x to vb 4 gold work is still being done and will be gr8 once you see the final outcome
Its ok! And kudos for hard work. All i said because of a bad feeling better say experience.

What do you mean?. This upgrade is part of a normal process to give DFI members a better environment and ease to use features.
After AV's reply i'm no longer interested in telling, what i meant by my words? Can only hint that i was on DFI the time my browser started displaying crazy messages, similarly, i was on IDF at both occasions when miseries struck twice under two months.

A.V.

yes rahul i understand what you felt and also many felt the same because of the nature of sudden shutdown but its one of the natural process nothing to worry about

A.V.

I don't like it.

Then again, I'm conservative to change.

I was just getting used to the old thematics, when whoosh! a new template takes over.

Are ya'll using VBulletin4.0 Gold? If so, wren't there concerns about a predetermined release schedule imperiling the stability of the product?

I hope you guys plan on adding some modifications/"hacks". 'Cuz as of now, the forum looks....bleh!

I 'unno if these would be helpful:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246

rage we are using VB4 gold 4.01 its the stable version and we installed it after 1 month of trials on our server on a different route it was released in dec 2009 and has full vb support enabled incase of any bugs
for the modifications we will have those that are necessary even code our own widgets

this new version gives us enhanced unparalled security and better interface

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Thats something from a neophobic, i guess i'm right. Well, same on my side 'i hate changes' but can't help myself longer, change is the rule of nature. I had taken first step by not reacting to it.

StealthSniper

Thanks A.V for working hard to keep this forum up to date. I am just wondering if you will have different skins available for the look of the forum. The forum is just a little to white and blah. Other than that it doesn't look to bad.

Country flag
AV , Nitesh and the rest of the team have taken the forum to greater heights.

Chota

Hi Admins,

Thank you for this wonderful "new" look and I liked the homepage which has just the news and nothings else. That way "real" news is all in one place and not is some discussion thread.

When it was down all day yesterday,I was wondering if it was again hacked, Republic Day being a particularly favourite day for such an act.

Any way, just request you to take all measures to make this forum safe, secure, informative and enjoyable.

Thanks once again for your efforts.

~Chota

Rage

DFI TEAM
rage we are using VB4 gold 4.01 its the stable version and we installed it after 1 month of trials on our server on a different route it was released in dec 2009 and has full vb support enabled incase of any bugs
for the modifications we will have those that are necessary even code our own widgets

this new version gives us enhanced unparalled security and better interface

Excellent! Thank you A.V.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Change is the only constant in life but still I can bi..h about it. Still to get used to the new look, at this time I yearn for the old format.

But there is one problem I am facing, on pressing the Reply to the Thread, it takes me to the Quick Reply. Is there something wrong with my settings or is it designed that way.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Change is the only constant in life but still I can bi..h about it. Still to get used to the new look, at this time I yearn for the old format.

But there is one problem I am facing, on pressing the Reply to the Thread, it takes me to the Quick Reply. Is there something wrong with my settings or is it designed that way.
this looks like a default setting for now, try doing "go advanced". that helps. even if you have to quote a post, quote it and then use "go advanced".

ZOOM

Founding Member
I am highly disappointed the way DFI gone offline without any notification, on the top of that makers of DFI chosen very incorrect day i.e. 26th January which is our Republic Day. I had lots of plan to remain online for maximum no of hours on 26th Jan as it was my non working day. On the top of that, how many times DFI supposed to go overhauled? I think there was number of occassions on which it has already been given an all new look.

Anyway, new look does gives it international touch, hopefully font type will be great.

Happy Republic Day

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles