Suggestions and Feedback

A.V.

Where I come from that would be considered discrimination. Does this forum discriminate based on nationality, race and religious origin?? I think it's a fair question.
sir to be very honest we are very open to the idea of having foreign moderators we do hold an annual application process for moderators we choose based on experience and contribution just now you can see we are having a thread and asking for applications for our wiki site Main Page - Defence Wiki and we are open to any foreign national to take up the responsibilities sir early last year we did have the famous colonel of chinese origin as a moderator .

so if any foreign national applies and is willing to do the job they are very open and welcome there is no discrimination but saying that there was not a single pakistani member who applied for the duties if a capable member does he will be considered for sure but must show us what he is made up off by his contribution towards the forum

and about the religion bias that not right because within our small staff team we have hindus, jains, sikhs , muslims , and together with the staff we have a group of founding members who are of various religions

AirforcePilot

Professional
sir to be very honest we are very open to the idea of having foreign moderators we do hold an annual application process for moderators we choose based on experience and contribution just now you can see we are having a thread and asking for applications for our wiki site Main Page - Defence Wiki and we are open to any foreign national to take up the responsibilities sir early last year we did have the famous colonel of chinese origin as a moderator .

so if any foreign national applies and is willing to do the job they are very open and welcome there is no discrimination but saying that there was not a single pakistani member who applied for the duties if a capable member does he will be considered for sure but must show us what he is made up off by his contribution towards the forum

and about the religion bias that not right because within our small staff team we have hindus, jains, sikhs , muslims , and together with the staff we have a group of founding members who are of various religions
So I guess Daredevil post is not correct?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Where I come from that would be considered discrimination. Does this forum discriminate based on nationality, race and religious origin?? I think it's a fair question.
Where you come from last i checked there where no Russians in your Army or Armed forces, may be thats discrimination too? I can understand rational minded people can moderate any forum, i dont mind that but would you want an irrational fanatic doing it? May be you would like an terrorist in your plain as well or does that sound discriminatory? :happy_2:

A.V.

So I guess Daredevil post is not correct?
Sir what daredevil pointed out was the reply about the existence of pakistani moderators in the present day and the truth is there are not any as of now but that is not because of any sort of discrimination as i pointed out in my point why there are less foreign moderators , OOE is no longer active here as his other commitments have taken importance so at present all the staff have some sort of link to india even though based offshore including me as one of my parent is from the region.

AirforcePilot

Professional
Where you come from last i checked there where no Russians in your Army or Armed forces, may be thats discrimination too? I can understand rational minded people can moderate any forum, i dont mind that but would you want an irrational fanatic doing it? May be you would like an terrorist in your plain as well or does that sound discriminatory? :happy_2:
Why did you bring up the topic? Your the one complaining...

AirforcePilot

Professional
Sir what daredevil pointed out was the reply about the existence of pakistani moderators in the present day and the truth is there are not any as of now but that is not because of any sort of discrimination as i pointed out in my point why there are less foreign moderators , OOE is no longer active here as his other commitments have taken importance so at present all the staff have some sort of link to india even though based offshore including me as one of my parent is from the region.
Thanks AV, that answers my question.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I would like to say that this is an Indian defence forum, so obviously you see a major representation of Indians in the staff. The recruitment of DFI staff was done by open invitation of applications but none of members from other countries applied for it. We have DFI staff representing different religions and different regions of India. And we have a Russian and an American of Indian origin as staff and we had a Canadian of ethnic Han origin as a moderator. So, I think we are a very fair forum in this regards and never discriminated members or staff based on any of the criteria you have listed.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
DFI is very good an unbiased forum, it is well moderated and best thing very little crop posted. Less gossip means I cannot post much.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Hi
This is my 1st post, great site.
One thing that really gets on my nerves is the "If you want peace- understand....." scrolling marquee, I use Firefox and the cursor also blinks continuously with the marquee, its also distracting and makes me want to rip my hair out! Could you guys make it static instead of scrolling.

sandeepdg

Mods, I would like to know how long does it take for a moderator to approve a post on DFI HQ ?? My post was on the thread "What if India was allied with the US during the Cold War?"

A.V.

i think there is a Moderator-Activisum going on here..
if you have any complaints about a moderators or any staffs post just report it when posting in thread a moderator does not moderate that thread thats a forum policy any other problems let us know we have a big team because we want to keep the forum clean and strict unlike some poorly moderated big boards

luckyy

Steps should be taken to enhance the enternainment value of the website ... it is only posible by improve participation & involvment on discussions , ....presently the forums are more news based and there are less discussion , ...

my suggestion is that every news item should be allow to make a thread and there shouldn't be any restriction to post a news item only to the restected thread which is running previously...., every passing minit you can't have a fresh news but you can discuss a news item whole day...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles