Suggestions and Feedback

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
View attachment 42

I did posted in another thread , m posting again that one of the script (most probabaly) Shout box is making my web browser unresponsive when ever i m logging in forum. I am using IE and my windows are windows 7.
Please in need help.
Thanks
I am also facing the same problem using IE in office however when i use Chrome at home i do not face any issue.

Anyhoo!could you guys increase the size limit for the PDF attachments the current limit is absymally low.
also the limit of characters should be increased back to 20,000(at least) as was the case in the earlier version of the forum.Was going to post aletter written by netaji to Pundit nehru but the current character limit put me off (the letter is 50,000 charcters by the way).

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
IE is a crappy browser. Whole governments have issued advisories against using it. Choose from the wealth of alternatives. (Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Safari).

A.V.

ok just checked out vbulletin is fixing lots of bugs for IE there seems to be a lot of thenm current we are using vbulletin 4.01 expect another bug fix version 4.02 shortly by that time it should be fixed finally have changed to the vertical layout on popular demand but the location flags needs to be fixed we are working on that

p2prada

In the "DFI statix" whenever you highlight the topics we get a pop up called "info." It is quite irritating.

Also the names of the topic starters are not colour coded like before. That aspect was better earlier.

Still a great new theme. Love it.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
well you asked for feedback . so brace up . generally there uis a lack of the colour and a sense of mixing discussion with entertainment or at leaset some ambience of " cool" ..especially after a hard day's work . In the past this forum was a like fun relief albeit logical and meaningful - laike a hobby ! but now it is another serious grey format , work-like and well it just lost the fun of logging in that i used to feel in the old format . Im not being deliberately sour in saying htat my posting have dropped and really the incentive to post on this new format is lessened . But i do readily acknowledge others have other opinions so take what i've wriitten in context , as feed back and not as complaint . thanks folks for at least having the forum , it's a priviledge to be a member or am i indeed now a senior member ? thanks again.

Last edited:

A.V.

OK guys i have repeated it before and again saying this that the setup is undergoing developments we have moved to a new level in terms of functioning yet we do not want to change our policy of QUALITY DISCUSSIONS IN A FRIENDLY AND OPEN MANNER , the new software provides a lot of features but all of you need to hold on and give us time we will provide you the same level of entertaining and quality DFI that you have become used to
we are working on all the feedbacks that you are providing and provided all the staff are still getting used to new level of software programming things are slow but we are doing it as you want if you notice the first page of this thread members wanted the vertical postbit legacy style than the horizontal style we did that as per your wish because previously we were experiencing technical difficulties with added features but 2 days of hard work yeilded results and we expect we will put in place all the suggestions one by one
we are still on the first page long way to go still meanwhile check out the extra things we have put in .....

LIVE POSTS
DFI STATIX
DFI WEBSITE
RSS FEEDS ON SITE AND FORUM
NEW BLOG feature

TO get used to all the new features check out the VB4 GUIDE on the announcement section

thanks for the support keep the suggestions coming we will take DFI to greater heights without losing the very essence that have made it so big in less than 1 years time

prahladh

Respected Member
can the "This message has been deleted by xyz" be made similar to previous version. Now Its bold and font size is big.

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Photo link to the post is big, It has to be resized to fit into the post

A.V.

the photo auto sized modification the thanks modification and the old shoutbox is not working we are waiting for updates from the developers to fix the issue

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Sometime I have to login two or three times, and sometimes when i use separate tabs (Firefox) some of the pages open without loging in, i mean i have to login several times in different tabs...

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sometime I have to login two or three times, and sometimes when i use separate tabs (Firefox) some of the pages open without loging in, i mean i have to login several times in different tabs...
Check the Remember me option when you login. This will obviate need to login again and again.

A chauhan

Country flag
Check the Remember me option when you login. This will obviate need to login again and again.
Thanks DD it's working now; but when i close the tab without logging out and return, it doesn't remember me ? do i have to login each & everytime when i come here or it's just a bug?

Last edited:

A.V.

the remember me will be made a default option soon ........

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Remember me works with cookies. If in case you have disabled them enable it for DFI at least. We don't face any problem every time we visit DFI. in fact i forgot what is my password.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Thanks DD it's working now; but when i close the tab without logging out and return, it doesn't remember me ? do i have to login each & everytime when i come here or it's just a bug?
are you sure you just close the tab or is that you close the complete browser? in case it is the latter then you will have to re-log-in but in case it is the former then try using opera or mozilla firefox, wont have the problem.

A chauhan

Country flag
are you sure you just close the tab or is that you close the complete browser? in case it is the latter then you will have to re-log-in but in case it is the former then try using opera or mozilla firefox, wont have the problem.
Thanks Ritesh !
You are right i just closed the browser and asked wrong question here (i am using Firefox), actually i wanted to ask about closing the browser, can't we automatically login here with 'Remeber Me' option through IP address identification?
If we can have that then it would be really nice !

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thanks Ritesh !
You are right i just closed the browser and asked wrong question here (i am using Firefox), actually i wanted to ask about closing the browser, can't we automatically login here with 'Remeber Me' option through IP address identification?
If we can have that then it would be really nice !
With "Remember me" option you don't have to login every time even if you have closed the browser. You need to check two things, one is that you have enable cookies for DFI and second is that you are not clearing the cookies when you are closing the browser. If you take care of above, you will not have a problem and you get automatically logged-in whenever you visit DFI website.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles