Suggestions and Feedback

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Chat box turn out to be flop box, unless it is on front page and it shows new posts, it is useless.
even if new posts are not shown it is fine but it should be on front page.

i think sb was fine like it was earlier...only that people with 500+ posts should be able to post on sb.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
or just add an ignore button to ignore specific user or ignore all for those who dont want to get entertained.

H.A.

LInk to new shoutbox Chatbox - Defence Forum India. Note: Currently it's open for all members, but that is going to change
I have the following points to raise:

1) Can you please elaborate as to how you will select who can post on CB?
2) What is the difference between SB & CB. Are they going to co-exist?
3) Request you not to filter out members basing on their number of posts, because I being a new member with a 100 odd post will not be able to be a part of CB or SB for that matter. I request you to please look at the quality of posting the member does and take the decision. I know this would increase your workload however that would be the best way and it would create an equivalent platform for you to judge everyone.
4) I found SB to be a great tool in making new friends on DFI. It helped me settle down. I agree that sometimes we crossed our limits and discussed issues that were not supposed to be discussed on SB, that should not be the reason for you to shut down SB. I miss SB and i am sure other members do as well.

I propose the following alternative:
If you want to control the flow of information on SB, then create a new tab on the SB saying "PRIVATE ROOM" where in if a member wants to discuss something important or personal he can create this PRIVATE DISCUSSION ROOM and invite members he wants to include in his discussion. Other general talks and chit chat can go on in SB as usual.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have the following points to raise:

1) Can you please elaborate as to how you will select who can post on CB?
2) What is the difference between SB & CB. Are they going to co-exist?
3) Request you not to filter out members basing on their number of posts, because I being a new member with a 100 odd post will not be able to be a part of CB or SB for that matter. I request you to please look at the quality of posting the member does and take the decision. I know this would increase your workload however that would be the best way and it would create an equivalent platform for you to judge everyone.
4) I found SB to be a great tool in making new friends on DFI. It helped me settle down. I agree that sometimes we crossed our limits and discussed issues that were not supposed to be discussed on SB, that should not be the reason for you to shut down SB. I miss SB and i am sure other members do as well.
5) If you want to control the flow of information on SB, then create a new tab on the SB saying "PRIVATE ROOM" where in if a member wants to discuss something important or personal he can create this PRIVATE DISCUSSION ROOM and invite members he wants to include in his discussion. Other general talks and chit chat can go on in SB as usual.
1) currently anyone can post on chatbox and no one can post on shoutbox.
2) Shoutbox will just post thread updates on the mainpage, whereas cbox will be used for chatting on a separate page. So yes both will co-exist. Our Current sbox has some technical issues with it as it is, so cbox ought to be a better choice.
3) see 1)
4) That's great, it is hoped Chatbox would make a fine and a dedicated alternative.
5) You can use chatbox for that.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Hello mods can anyone show me how to add friends inour homepages in DFI???

plugwater

For some here they want something not only to chat but also want everyone to see what they chat!!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Link to Chat Box has been added on main page. It's in Quick Links (below Live Posts) ===> Chat Box

Hello mods can anyone show me how to add friends inour homepages in DFI???
Fixed

My image uploader not working well !! the avatar i upload appears small everytime , I Tried many avatars but problem persisit - like it is now

what can be the reason ?
Max Dimensions are 120x120px, try uploading the image under those limits

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I want to know why you are after that thread ? :D

what makes you think that i am after that thread? i mean your thread?

'we' all post rage comics and le comics in jokes thread only. we do not not want multiple jokes threads scattered all over the forum..

:cool:

plugwater

what makes you think that i am after that thread? i mean your thread?

'we' all post rage comics and le comics in jokes thread only. we do not not want multiple jokes threads scattered all over the forum..

:cool:
Cos you posted like three times just to request mods to merge that thread.

We have multiple song threads, multiple movies thread. it would not kill you to have an extra thread for rage comics.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Cos you posted like three times just to request mods to merge that thread.

We have multiple song threads, multiple movies thread. it would not kill you to have an extra thread for rage comics.
the reason for me to request at multiple places is just to merely get MOD/Admins attention. nothing else. i do not follow movies and songs so i do not know about those threads.

I have made my point; now it is up to mod and admins. tomorrow every one will start a new jokes threads and then it will be hard to find all those jokes when we some one needs entertainment,. there are more than 250+ rage and le comics already posted in jokes thread itself. so i do not see any reason to have a personalized thread like yours.

plugwater

the reason for me to request at multiple places is just to merely get MOD/Admins attention. nothing else. i do not follow movies and songs so i do not know about those threads.

I have made my point; now it is up to mod and admins. tomorrow every one will start a new jokes threads and then it will be hard to find all those jokes when we some one needs entertainment,. there are more than 250+ rage and le comics already posted in jokes thread itself. so i do not see any reason to have a personalized thread like yours.
Rage is different from jokes!! 'nuff said!! If you dont like it nor understand it, you can stay outta it.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Rage is different from jokes!! 'nuff said!! If you dont like it nor understand it, you can stay outta it.

:pound: :pound: :pound:

then what is it?

high motivational religious speech?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Hey, that view top threads tab now shows only previous 20 threads?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles