Suggestions and Feedback

KS

Bye bye DFI
does anyone realize that racial or sleaze talk does offend few members . At least threads are moderated but SB is never moderated . Many misuse that feature . who will take their responsibility .
Moderated...? TBH its partially moderated when Mods even take place in the shitfest.

SB was like throw and forget it ever happened. Happens all the time in forum world.But this is not.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
why you guys cannot link SB chat to Chat thread ??? what i mean to say who ever post on SB chat would automatically be posted in chat thread. Just like chat history, any one can then see what has been chatted, if mods want they can delete the offensive or abusive posts.
Minimum alphabets should be their to be posted in SB chat. It would solve many problems.

This will result in more interaction among members. After all idea is to discuss.

Galaxy

Country flag
I think member category should be like this:

Regular Members > More than 100 posts and Less than 1,000 Posts.
Senior Members > More than 1,000 Posts and Less than 3,000 Posts.
Respected Members > More than 3,000 Posts and less than 5,000 Posts.
Elite/Premium Members > More than 5,000 Posts.

and STAR Members > More than 1,000 Posts and who spend sometime on DFI. Anyone who fulfils this criteria can become STAR members. Then once this basic criteria is passed then Quality or/and Contribution will make that member eligible as STAR member. Like T-Shering22 did.

After few changes today, Hardly anyone will be left as Respected Members and many members won't post much as even a member with 300 post can become Elite Member. We should take care of both Quality as well as Quantity. There should be reward for either as well as both too. Otherwise why to post 500+ in a month when only 50 can promote you ? It's easy to make 50 quality post in a month compare with 500 good post including 100 quality post. Just my opinion.

plugwater

If i were a mod/admin, i would stop categorizing members except moderators and administrators. These statuses may suit or people may find it attractive only if its a new forum, DFI is far from new and we should put all members under same color.

Regarding star members, i feel we should strip star members off their ranks who are not posting now.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Plugwater,

If you don't want to be any category you can request for the removal of same.

bhramos

Country flag
hi friends, what is this blue colour?
what does this mean???

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

and STAR Members > More than 1,000 Posts and who spend sometime on DFI. Anyone who fulfils this criteria can become STAR members. Then once this basic criteria is passed then Quality or/and Contribution will make that member eligible as STAR member. Like T-Shering22 did.

After few changes today, Hardly anyone will be left as Respected Members and many members won't post much as even a member with 300 post can become Elite Member. We should take care of both Quality as well as Quantity. There should be reward for either as well as both too. Otherwise why to post 500+ in a month when only 50 can promote you ? It's easy to make 50 quality post in a month compare with 500 good post including 100 quality post. Just my opinion.
that would make ajtr as elite member :pound:

elite member should be combination of quality and quantity and star member should only focus on quality like it does already.

rest are fine! although colour of elite should be orange while respected should be dark blue imo.

Galaxy

Country flag
that would make ajtr as elite member :pound:

elite member should be combination of quality and quantity and star member should only focus on quality like it does already.

rest are fine! although colour of elite should be orange while respected should be dark blue imo.
Yes, then ajtr would be elite member. But She was banned. Banning is not restricted to status/colour/Seniority of any member.

Don't you think Quality + Quantity both should be criteria ??

1>Quality - Star Member
2>(Quality) + Quantity (5,000) - Elite/Premium
3>(Quality) + Quantity (1,000-3,000) - Senior/Respected.

whoever has more quality than quantity in 2nd and 3rd point should be shifted to 1 i.e. Star Member

By this way, Members will try for both Quality + Quantity. We already have few active members who post/update very frequently and we should focus on increasing the number and not decreasing.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Yes, then ajtr would be elite member. But She was banned. Banning is not restricted to status/colour/Seniority of any member.

Don't you think Quality + Quantity both should be criteria ??

1>Quality - Star Member
2>(Quality) + Quantity (5,000) - Elite/Premium
3>(Quality) + Quantity (1,000-3,000) - Senior/Respected.

whoever has more quality than quantity in 2nd and 3rd point should be shifted to 1 i.e. Star Member

By this way, Members will try for both Quality + Quantity. We already have few active members who post/update very frequently and we should focus on increasing the number and not decreasing.
star and elite member i agree but i dont think much emphasis should be given on quality to senior members.

5000 posts is very much for elite member...it would take more than a year for a sane person to cross it. 3000 sounds fine.

have you noticed that military tags above our avatars has disappeared for elite members ?

Galaxy

Country flag
star and elite member i agree but i dont think much emphasis should be given on quality to senior members.

5000 posts is very much for elite member...it would take more than a year for a sane person to cross it. 3000 sounds fine.

have you noticed that military tags above our avatars has disappeared for elite members ?

That's why i used (Quality) as optional. Quality will improve with increase in number.

5,000 Posts for Elite member is Fine. That's why few people will continue to post for long time to get that status. Elite should be for biggest achiever (No. of Posts) In meantime, they can achieve Senior and Respected member status tag at 1k and 3k respectively which itself is promotion and if someone performs very well on quality criteria, that could become STAR member.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

I joined 14 months back and am barely above 1300 posts :(
I think it is difficult to post in huge numbers as all of us have busy lives (even the mods and admins).
Unless we make one liners posts frequently or try to engage in brawls on every second thread :p That could stimulate the quantity.

Regards,
Virendra

Defcon 1

Country flag
came back after a month here and found that the facebook button was missing, wats wrong???

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I request the MODS to delete my account as I am leaving. I think that I am not required anymore. Forgive me for my mistakes........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles