Suggest an awesome 2 story farm house /glass house of 2500 sq. ft. for my farm house

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I was thinking of building one too so I got some good designs to select from. Here are some...

I selected the first one. Gotta discuss the details with the architect and contractor.

Haldiram

Country flag
Man that's cheap.
Well, what about stories & accessories?
1500 rs per sq.ft is the average construction rate across India. Raw material and labor costs are mostly consistent across the country. Only land prices vary. If you buy land and build your own home, it costs almost half of what it costs to buy a ready-made house of similar dimensions.

These guys have built an entire 4 BHK, multi-storied bungalow within a 40L budget. This could have been @Chatrapathi's house but fate had other plans. :troll:

I am in the process of building one this year. Been going through design templates for a while now.

Haldiram

Country flag
I was thinking of building one too so I got some good designs to select from. Here are some...

I selected the first one. Gotta discuss the details with the architect and contractor.

Is this in Coonoor? What is the price breakup for land + construction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIL everyone on this forum is building a house this year. We had built our first one from scratch in 1998. Experienced Murphy's law to the fullest. We didn't know anything back then; Didn't survey the soil, ended up buying a plot over hard rock which required heavy machinery to break to build the pillars. Forgot to create space for car parking in our obsession to create an extra bedroom.

Time has made us wise. Hope to avoid making those rookie mistakes now.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Is this in Coonoor? What is the price breakup for land + construction?
In Kotagiri. The land is mine. However the price of land in this area is Rs 5 Lakhs per cent. The house planned for is about 3000 sq ft. Cost of constr is approx Rs 2500 per Sq ft. Area around the planned house is almost unlimited but I intend to fence 50 cents or so. So it's pretty cheap as the land is free! :biggrin2:

P.S. 1 cent = 20 ft x 22 ft = 440 sq ft

Haldiram

Country flag
In Kotagiri. The land is mine. However the price of land in this area is Rs 5 Lakhs per cent. The house planned for is about 3000 sq ft. Cost of constr is approx Rs 2500 per Sq ft. Area around the planned house is almost unlimited but I intend to fence 50 cents or so. So it's pretty cheap as the land is free! :biggrin2:

P.S. 1 cent = 20 ft x 22 ft = 440 sq ft
35L + 75L then.

2.5k seems on the higher side? The architect might have priced his 'intellectual contribution' in the design work at an optimistic premium. In tier 2 cities, 3.5k/sq.ft is the average rate for a fully constructed apartment, all included. If you bond with the contractor over some daaru and chicken, he may have access to open source designs from his previous constructions.

How much time would it take to build? I'll definitely visit on Vaastushanti.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
35L + 75L then.

2.5k seems on the higher side? The architect might have priced his 'intellectual contribution' in the design work at an optimistic premium. In tier 2 cities, 3.5k/sq.ft is the average rate for a fully constructed apartment, all included. If you bond with the contractor over some daaru and chicken, he may have access to open source designs from his previous constructions.

How much time would it take to build? I'll definitely visit on Vaastushanti.
Yeah! He's the best architect out here. A little pricey though! High grade/hi quality stuff inside and outside, thus the higher cost of constr! By the way no swimming pool. I don't wanna freeze to death out here. And pool central heating is out of the question as I ain't a billionaire!! :tsk:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
1500 rs per sq.ft is the average construction rate across India. Raw material and labor costs are mostly consistent across the country. Only land prices vary. If you buy land and build your own home, it costs almost half of what it costs to buy a ready-made house of similar dimensions.

These guys have built an entire 4 BHK, multi-storied bungalow within a 40L budget. This could have been @Chatrapathi's house but fate had other plans. :troll:

I am in the process of building one this year. Been going through design templates for a while now.
I think 40 lacs is without the interior.
A two story house build on a 125 sq.yard plot costed me around 27 lacs including interior. That too when ground floor is all parking.
I started the construction at the time when raw material was at it’s all time low. A cement bag costed me around 200 Rs and I got the iron rods for around 35 Rs per foot. It was end of 2015 and start of 2016.
We often make the mistake of miscalculating the interior cost when it’s the interior which cost more than the structure.
Most people get screwed on plumbing as barely anyone has the idea about it.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Above designs are too lavish and less practical.

Haldiram

Country flag
I think 40 lacs is without the interior.
A two story house build on a 125 sq.yard plot costed me around 27 lacs including interior. That too when ground floor is all parking.
I started the construction at the time when raw material was at it’s all time low. A cement bag costed me around 200 Rs and I got the iron rods for around 35 Rs per foot. It was end of 2015 and start of 2016.
We often make the mistake of miscalculating the interior cost when it’s the interior which cost more than the structure.
Most people get screwed on plumbing as barely anyone has the idea about it.
You're right.

I just checked the comments on their Youtube. They are saying that the prices quoted are their contractor-rates for building the structure. So land and interior-design cost not included in the quote.

Getting flashbacks from 1998 about plumbing and wood costs. Plus, the plumbing causes problems if it rusts, it starts leaking and other issues. Wood, swells up in rains, catches termites. Hopefully there are alternate synthetic materials being used now.

Haldiram

Country flag
Above designs are too lavish and less practical.
Posting some built houses on 5 cent plots. Me had collected em for design inspiration. Hope you find them useful.

These have less glass and more closed designs, if that's what you meant by 'more practical'.

Muh's brain is not tuned to the "cent" measurements. I'm more in sync with Guntha (1 guntha = 33 X 33 ft).

This design was submitted by IIT Madras engineering team as an entry for 800 sq.ft 2BHK affordable homes :

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Actually, I have planned a bamboo house also. I have the guys who can make it for me.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What was initially conceived as a humble design , has now evolved into a very unique and aesthatical design. Now , I have planned a forest, a pond, a small jungle , an orchid , Garden, permaculture food forest and animal area along with this farm house.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
What was initially conceived as a humble design , has now evolved into a very unique and aesthatical design. Now , I have planned a forest, a pond, a small jungle , an orchid , Garden, permaculture food forest and animal area along with this farm house.
Where is this place?30char sucks

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles