Suggest an awesome 2 story farm house /glass house of 2500 sq. ft. for my farm house

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hi guys,

I am planning a glass house /farm house of 2000 to 2500 sq ft in about 25000 to 75000 sq ft of land which I am planning to buy. please suggest some awesome design, very decent, low in budget,

1) It should have 3 to 4 bed rooms
2) Very aesthetic swimming pool and in front of house or atleast in side.
3) Fountain in front.
4) Hall should have atleast one side open to garden with full glass.
5) Bed room should atleast be of 200 Sq ft each.
6) Ceiling height be atleast 10.5 ft.
7) Plants in front of entrance.
8) Land sloping in front with small flower garden.

I will be thankfull to members for their input. If you have any knowledge/ if you are an architect, please guide me.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
You've got a hell of a job ahead if you want your dream house. There are awesome websites and apps online that give you detail plans for free. Some even give you 3D views to check out how the house will look once constructed.

Just google it and you will get plenty of info to keep you busy for weeks.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
You've got a hell of a job ahead if you want your dream house. There are awesome websites and apps online that give you detail plans for free. Some even give you 3D views to check out how the house will look once constructed.

Just google it and you will get plenty of info to keep you busy for weeks.

Tried but couldn't find one of my dream.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Hi guys,

I am planning a glass house /farm house of 2000 to 2500 sq ft in about 25000 to 75000 sq ft of land which I am planning to buy. please suggest some awesome design, very decent, low in budget,

3) Fountain in front.

I will be thankfull to members for their input. If you have any knowledge/ if you are an architect, please guide me.
Found one hell of a design...:biggrin2:
Try it out....:troll::troll::troll:
images.jpeg

rkhanna

Country flag
I would suggest avoiding too much glass. (this is from my experience - i unfortunately learnt the hardway) Your energy (heating/Cooling) needs will go through the rough - alot of Western architecture not suited for Subcontinental Climate

Also - Think out your Pool needs very Carefully - Avoid Tiled Pools (you will go under maintaince alot quicker) there is a new Rubber based Paint polymer that i have used - supposed to be Maintaince free for 8 years minimum (i am on year 7 fingers crossed)

- Also Pool size - From my experience people End up using the Pool more to relax and Chill (Pool Vollyball etc) more than "swim" (Exercise) . Also people end up spending more time in the Jacuzzi than the pool. So depending on your needs pick the size - because WATER is expensive / Cleaning is Expensive and a bitch - so think of current requirements and future (kids etc) before deciding on the pool.

The Current Pool i have is Half indoors Half Outdoors - (kinda starts from the inside of the house and extends out into the Garden (BAD IDEA - given terrain / climate and local infrastructure) - So think Carefully about all the things to consider regarding the pool.

Think about - Rain Water Harvesting (worked great for me) and Solar Energy (works great for me again)

I currently have something like this under construction : By the sea - so works well with cross ventilation and enough sunlight to light up the house through the morning (

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I would suggest avoiding too much glass. (this is from my experience - i unfortunately learnt the hardway) Your energy (heating/Cooling) needs will go through the rough - alot of Western architecture not suited for Subcontinental Climate

Also - Think out your Pool needs very Carefully - Avoid Tiled Pools (you will go under maintaince alot quicker) there is a new Rubber based Paint polymer that i have used - supposed to be Maintaince free for 8 years minimum (i am on year 7 fingers crossed)

- Also Pool size - From my experience people End up using the Pool more to relax and Chill (Pool Vollyball etc) more than "swim" (Exercise) . Also people end up spending more time in the Jacuzzi than the pool. So depending on your needs pick the size - because WATER is expensive / Cleaning is Expensive and a bitch - so think of current requirements and future (kids etc) before deciding on the pool.

The Current Pool i have is Half indoors Half Outdoors - (kinda starts from the inside of the house and extends out into the Garden (BAD IDEA - given terrain / climate and local infrastructure) - So think Carefully about all the things to consider regarding the pool.

Think about - Rain Water Harvesting (worked great for me) and Solar Energy (works great for me again)

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. Shed some light on color and swimming pool you mentioned. How to make inside of swimming pool smooth and waterproof without tiles. Please help.

I currently have something like yours under construction : By the sea - so works well with cross ventilation and enough sunlight to light up the house through the morning (

I like this design. I cam use it for my farm house with some modifications by removing sloped ceiling. I want a house where hall shall be in between and one room on one side stretching out like the one you have posted. I want an entrance from in between the hall stretched 5 to 6 feet out and having ceiling on it. Between the entrance and bed room, there will be some empty space where will be a small garden on slopped soil. There will be a kitchen on one side or an another room making symmetry. I like the first floor bed room design. It will left some room for balcony or terrace for bed room. your picture has given me some idea to refine my house.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I am very clear on this. Swimming pool shall be away from house either in front or beside house. I have yet to decide the location.

rkhanna

Country flag
I like this design. I cam use it for my farm house with some modifications by removing sloped ceiling. I want a house where hall shall be in between and one room on one side stretching out like the one you have posted. I want an entrance from in between the hall stretched 5 to 6 feet out and having ceiling on it. Between the entrance and bed room, there will be some empty space where will be a small garden on slopped soil. There will be a kitchen on one side or an another room making symmetry. I like the first floor bed room design. It will left some room for balcony or terrace for bed room. your picture has given me some idea to refine my house.
The way my bedroom (groundfloor) is designed is that it opens into a private (small 350Sqft garden) which is surrounded by a hedge so keep it isolated from the rest of the house.

Best of luck mano.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Hi guys,

3) Fountain in front.

Please send your address an personal details by PM. Omni bhejunga aaj shaam ko. Phirouti ki rakam baad me decide karenge!

:cool1: :cowboy:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The way my bedroom (groundfloor) is designed is that it opens into a private (small 350Sqft garden) which is surrounded by a hedge so keep it isolated from the rest of the house.

Best of luck mano.
Can you please share some more details?

rkhanna

Country flag
Can you please share some more details?
Hmm okay let me try -

so basically the House is surrounded by a garden on all four sides into which pathways / Pool etc is being built

Now Imagine that was the bedroom is one the ground floor but at a tangent to the rest of the house. The Wall (side) that does not face the front or back has large french doors - The French doors open into a green patch that anways is surrounding the house. - Now using the wall of the bedroom/house as one side a square the remaining three sides will have hedges 5.5-6ft high that give the bedroom an enclosed garden. cant look in or out and the only way to access this garden is through the Bedroom. (it also breaks the continuity of the Green patch (garden) around the house. Will also be planting some palm and coconut trees for shade.

The bedroom also has 2 other doors - One that opens into the living area / Den and another door at the back of the house that leads straight to the pool/back garden

Does this help?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hmm okay let me try -

so basically the House is surrounded by a garden on all four sides into which pathways / Pool etc is being built

Now Imagine that was the bedroom is one the ground floor but at a tangent to the rest of the house. The Wall (side) that does not face the front or back has large french doors - The French doors open into a green patch that anways is surrounding the house. - Now using the wall of the bedroom/house as one side a square the remaining three sides will have hedges 5.5-6ft high that give the bedroom an enclosed garden. cant look in or out and the only way to access this garden is through the Bedroom. (it also breaks the continuity of the Green patch (garden) around the house. Will also be planting some palm and coconut trees for shade.

The bedroom also has 2 other doors - One that opens into the living area / Den and another door at the back of the house that leads straight to the pool/back garden

Does this help?
Very much. A rough drawing will help a lot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles