Suggest an awesome 2 story farm house /glass house of 2500 sq. ft. for my farm house

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Posting some built houses on 5 cent plots. Me had collected em for design inspiration. Hope you find them useful.

These have less glass and more closed designs, if that's what you meant by 'more practical'.

Muh's brain is not tuned to the "cent" measurements. I'm more in sync with Guntha (1 guntha = 33 X 33 ft).

This design was submitted by IIT Madras engineering team as an entry for 800 sq.ft 2BHK affordable homes :

Regular house not farm house. ......................

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Recently, I studied permaculture in great detail. I still study it. I want to make a Permaculture based design of a self sustained house / Township for our family members. It is a wholistic design prepared with external forces, climatic condition and Internal landscaping in mind. Permaculture study has given me a lots of insight in how to build a permaculture farm/Residence. My designing vision broaden from merely farm house design to whole system design. Now I have conceived a minimum 1.25 lakh Sq ft are farm house with a lake, swimming pool and fruit forest. Now my work has risen from designing only a house to designing whole area.

I have offered my family members and friends a design to build a township of 10000 Sq area bungalow each with atleast 40 high quality Fruit trees, step garden, Lake, Agriculture Zone , Fruit forest, Play Zone , pet animal area etc. My plan is to build one such township totally unique and self sustainable in all the aspects such as electricity, fuel, food, fruits etc. It will have a high density forest which will cool residential area beyond 5 degree compared to atmospheric temperature. it will have lots of wood trees such as teak wood , Mahogany, Malbari neem etc. Its fruit forest will produce tons of fruits worth 25 lakh Rupees atleast from 3 to 4 acres of land. Houses will get shadow in summer and sunlight in winter morning.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I was thinking of building one too so I got some good designs to select from. Here are some...

I selected the first one. Gotta discuss the details with the architect and contractor.
My suggestion to you is just do not focus on construction. Focus on surrounding as well. Do different sector analysis such as sun sector, wind sector, pollution sector etc. Make the design of your house accordingly. Calculate the sun angle and choose trees accordingly which keeps your house cool in summer by shadowing it. You can do a high density plantation Miyawaki forest in just 100 Sq meter. It will keep your house cool. Plant trees with fragrances so that you will keep receiving fragrance all the time. Lots of birds and honeybees will come there. Plant fruit trees and medicinal trees as well. Plant those trees which looses their leaf in winter so that you get sunlight in winter and protection from heat in summer. Use locally available resources as much as possible. Trey to make a self sustained ecosystem in your house. Keep economy and cost savings in mind. If you design your house properly, You can save half of the electricity and reduce your heating/cooling needs to a large extent. Incorporate Vastu Principles as well in your design.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

@Mikesingh

A helpful check list of factors to be considered while designing house as per permaculture.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
My suggestion to you is just do not focus on construction. Focus on surrounding as well. Do different sector analysis such as sun sector, wind sector, pollution sector etc. Make the design of your house accordingly. Calculate the sun angle and choose trees accordingly which keeps your house cool in summer by shadowing it. You can do a high density plantation Miyawaki forest in just 100 Sq meter. It will keep your house cool. Plant trees with fragrances so that you will keep receiving fragrance all the time. Lots of birds and honeybees will come there. Plant fruit trees and medicinal trees as well. Plant those trees which looses their leaf in winter so that you get sunlight in winter and protection from heat in summer. Use locally available resources as much as possible. Trey to make a self sustained ecosystem in your house. Keep economy and cost savings in mind. If you design your house properly, You can save half of the electricity and reduce your heating/cooling needs to a large extent. Incorporate Vastu Principles as well in your design.
Thanks @HariPrasad-1. I am already surrounded by Silver Oak and Ferns! So there's no problem of shade. In fact I had to cut a few branches to let the sunlight in as the temperature here in summers seldom goes above 20°C. No ACs and no fans needed! Winters no problem as the temp seldom goes below 12°C. So no heaters needed too! Where electricity is concerned I have a dual system - solar as well as the usual electric power. All the bulbs in the house are LED saving up on the electric bill. You won't believe that my bill comes to just around Rs 400 a month to light up a 3500 sq ft home! I have installed solar powered garden lights too that switch on automatically in the evening keeping the 12,000 sq ft garden lit throughout the night for security which doesn't even cost me a dime!

Then there are dozens of varieties of noisy and chirpy birds that come swooping down early in the morning and fed by my wife!! (I'm fast asleep then at 5:30 in the morning!! My day starts at 6:30 with a brisk 5 km walk up and down the hilly tea estate!). Water we get from the well so we don't depend on the erratic municipal water supply. In fact we're not even connected to the town's water grid!!

So, we are pretty close to nature! LG's tagline: Life's good! ☺

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Here are some more designs...........
Swimmer advise. Go for one like this...
15884341399966598091748040591332.jpg

15884347541499082431160621805211.jpg

...and not these.
15884341608167135738933535501092.jpg

1588434656521827794192255152937.jpg

Those are just big tubs.
Width don't matter, so have fun with decorations, but go for atleast 15m long × upto 1.5m deep. Just enough to float around.

This variable depth one I like best. You can even try something more unique semi-circle or curved.
15884346882287051617024096573181.jpg

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Thanks @HariPrasad-1. I am already surrounded by Silver Oak and Ferns! So there's no problem of shade. In fact I had to cut a few branches to let the sunlight in as the temperature here in summers seldom goes above 20°C. No ACs and no fans needed! Winters no problem as the temp seldom goes below 12°C. So no heaters needed too! Where electricity is concerned I have a dual system - solar as well as the usual electric power. All the bulbs in the house are LED saving up on the electric bill. You won't believe that my bill comes to just around Rs 400 a month to light up a 3500 sq ft home! I have installed solar powered garden lights too that switch on automatically in the evening keeping the 12,000 sq ft garden lit throughout the night for security which doesn't even cost me a dime!

Then there are dozens of varieties of noisy and chirpy birds that come swooping down early in the morning and fed by my wife!! (I'm fast asleep then at 5:30 in the morning!! My day starts at 6:30 with a brisk 5 km walk up and down the hilly tea estate!). Water we get from the well so we don't depend on the erratic municipal water supply. In fact we're not even connected to the town's water grid!!

So, we are pretty close to nature! LG's tagline: Life's good! ☺
Awesome. Where actually do you live?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Swimmer advise. Go for one like this...
15884341399966598091748040591332.jpg

15884347541499082431160621805211.jpg

...and not these.
15884341608167135738933535501092.jpg

1588434656521827794192255152937.jpg

Those are just big tubs.
Width don't matter, so have fun with decorations, but go for atleast 15m long × upto 1.5m deep. Just enough to float around.

This variable depth one I like best. You can even try something more unique semi-circle or curved.
15884346882287051617024096573181.jpg
I have membership in 2 posh clubs of surat. One is under construction. I advise those guys to change the designs of their lawn, swimming pools etc. They gives excuses.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles