Suggest a mobile handset

anoop_mig25

Country flag
hi friends plz suggest me mobile handsets having following properties .Plz suggest pouplar as well as not so popular handsets and also one available in market at present.plz donot restrict yourself to popular models like Nokia,Htc, Samsung etc
properties are
1> important must be able to open micrsoft world documents (u can inlcude others as well ) and PPt`s
2> should have Bluetooth , infrared and internet facilities
3>plus basic mobile facilities

my range is between 5k to 7k

thanks

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Its very difficult for a phone of the specified range to fulfill the first criteria. If you're ready to sacrifice the docs and ppts, you may find a pretty descent one.

bhramos

Country flag
pls suggest me too a one piece range no bar.
but best

tharikiran

Country flag
pls suggest me too a one piece range no bar.
but best

I really liked the sony Ericsson Xperia x10 and you always have the Iphone to choose from. May be you should have a look at the the Google Nexus one too.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
I like xperia 10 too it's awesome, Iphone comes locked that is headache, but I have one great Phone.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
hi friends instead of suggesting me mobile handsets u people suggesting within yourself . see i am student and cannot afford xperia,iphone etc etc. i know what i am asking wont come in this range but u can suggest a set which may come near to it .

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
hi friends instead of suggesting me mobile handsets u people suggesting within yourself . see i am student and cannot afford xperia,iphone etc etc. i know what i am asking wont come in this range but u can suggest a set which may come near to it .
I have told you. There's no phone in the mentioned range which can be used to open/edit documents and presentations.
For the rest, are you inclined towards touch phones ? If yes, then try Nokia 5233. You'll get it around 6.5.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Good old 3310. Kidding, I think you will have to go for a used phone if you want it packed with features and come cheap. My cousin got a bloody iphone used for 3 months for just 12k. try the E63 used one. Has all features including office and acrobat. New one comes in at about 10 or less so you might get a used phone for 6.

Pintu

I am using Nokia 6300 classic, which is 2G, , and if you are siding the price for the sake of quality , You can try Spice S1200 , which comes in Rs. 12000/- Tag, however I can suggest you Nokia 7230 3G slider.

Sorry , as I have not seen your Price Range , you can opt for local brands as Simoco, Lava or Micromax, also Videocon V1675 QWERTY.

Last edited:

JAISWAL

Anup u should go for ---- sony-j105i nattie --- a good 3G phone (range 6000- 7500) and usually support all external s/w

JAISWAL

u can also try various versions of---- samsung corby --- range b/w 6000 - 8500.
And -- spice s-serise (5000--8000)

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Good old 3310. Kidding, I think you will have to go for a used phone if you want it packed with features and come cheap. My cousin got a bloody iphone used for 3 months for just 12k. try the E63 used one. Has all features including office and acrobat. New one comes in at about 10 or less so you might get a used phone for 6.
I have told you. There's no phone in the mentioned range which can be used to open/edit documents and presentations.
For the rest, are you inclined towards touch phones ? If yes, then try Nokia 5233. You'll get it around 6.5.
thanks yuasf bhai i will look or nokia 5233 as suggested by Soham .
thanks yusuf bhai and thanks soham

I am using Nokia 6300 classic, which is 2G, , and if you are siding the price for the sake of quality , You can try Spice S1200 , which comes in Rs. 12000/- Tag, however I can suggest you Nokia 7230 3G slider.

Sorry , as I have not seen your Price Range , you can opt for local brands as Simoco, Lava or Micromax, also Videocon V1675 QWERTY.

Pintu does lava or micromax ,Simoco, Lava, Videocon V1675 supports micrsoft office documents /ppts and it is irrelevant for me whether a mobile is 2g or 3g but it is necessary to have features as i have said in my first post in this thread plz read it.thanks for your reply

Anup u should go for ---- sony-j105i nattie --- a good 3G phone (range 6000- 7500) and usually support all external s/w
u can also try various versions of---- samsung corby --- range b/w 6000 - 8500.
And -- spice s-serise (5000--8000)
thanks praveen for your suggestion i would check it from market and regarding corby whether they support Microsoft office docuements .i ask same for spice models?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
there are these retail outlets run by modi group (cant recall the name now) or go to any other showroom which exclusively deals in mobile phones, go around the date 25th-30th of any month and after 7pm, you will get an amazing bargain, and the price negotiated can even go to less than the landing price of the outlet.

month timing (25-30) - they have monthly targets
timing (after 7pm - they have daily targets.

my choice is nokia-e63 which fits your requirements and much much more, though should be around 8-9ks in any of these stores, but knock the doors of the store at the right time.

Last edited:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
there are these retail outlets run by modi group (cant recall the name now) or go to any other showroom which exclusively deals in mobile phones, go around the date 25th-30th of any month and after 7pm, you will get an amazing bargain, and the price negotiated can even go to less than the landing price of the outlet.

month timing (25-30) - they have monthly targets
timing (after 7pm - they have daily targets.

my choice is nokia-e63 which fits your requirements and much much more, though should be around 8-9ks in any of these stores, but knock the doors of the store at the right time.
which modi group thakur bhai u are talking about just give the name i will search it and will sure try yours trick thanks

anoop_mig25

Country flag
mods close this thread as i had bought old e-63 for 6k. thanks everbody for suggestions

fruit

the first criteria is dropped , i use blackberry i like it very much its reliable in many facilities compared to others recently i unlock it using codes here , it works good .it was a pleasant experience .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles