pmaitra

R
R
R

<< Russian Road Rage >>

Last edited by a moderator:

Zebra

Country flag
[video]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/9005145/Lion-takes-a-swipe-at-three-year-old-girl.html[/video]

[h=1]Lion takes a swipe at three-year-old girl[/h][h=2]Sofia Walker got an unexpected reaction from a male lion when she went to the zoo.[/h]Three-year-old Sofia Walker came face to face with a male lion as he peered at her through the glass of an enclosure at Wellington Zoo inNew Zealand. 2:58PM GMT 10 Jan 2012

Her parents captured on camera the moment when the lion tried to take a swipe at their daughter.

"I was brave," Sofia said of her encounter with the lion called Malik, whose food was nearby in his enclosure.

Wellington Zoo Carnivore Manager Paul Horton said that the lion is prone to mood swings.

"Probably the second time I'd seen him engaging with the visitors through the glass, but sometimes when we are working with him he can get a little bit stroppy," Horton said.

The glass between Sofia and the lion is resin bonded, so very safe, although Sofia's mother was very nervous, according to Sofia's father, Julian Walker.
"I was surprised that my wife still held the camera steady rather than, you know, obviously lunging to get Sofia, but I think we knew that she was quite safe," said Walker.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles