Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Defence LTD

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Will they lie this much? IDDM is a very beneficial category if they lied to get into it they might face some punitive action.
Indeed it's a very beneficial category, and that's why they are bluffing so much.
And trust me, no one's going to face any kind of action. They very well know how to exploit loopholes and technological illiteracy.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well as they claim to own all the IPRs.

So why don't just ask them to simply mention all of the patents or pending patent's application numbers.
May be this is one of the reason they are not getting order from IA. Once bitten, twice shy.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Nothing serious; was getting bored so thought may be cover the remaining parts.

1. The scope rings on Viper and Sabre are Elite Scope Rings from MDT, Canada.

2. The muzzle brakes are Elite Muzzle Brake, obviously from MDT.

3. The scope, which they claim to manufacture in-house are actually from Kahles, Austria.

A short tube, called sunshade or KillFlash with hexagonal mesh is often screwed in front of the objective lens of a scope to hide light reflecting from it.
They very cleverly screwed a tube in the scope with their branding; and voila, an IDDM scope.

WolfPack86

Country flag
7.62*51 mm Sniper Rifle and 7.62*39 mm Assault Rifle - in the list of import embargo . Good news for Indian manufactures .

Reactions: SKC

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Lonewarrior is it really that hard to make a gun?
Why did they resort to copying from everywhere?
Yes and No.

If making guns is your passion then it's one of the simplest mechanical engineering related stuff to do. Most of the guns we currently see are just modern iterations of older guns or technologies made five decades earlier, using modern metals/polymers and CNC technology. Everything is a copy of AK, AR-15 or AR-180. All of which were designed without any CAD/CAM software by relatively 'amateur' engineers.
Fun fact : When John M. Browning made his first gun he was only 13.

But, in case the only thing you know about firearm industry is the extremely high profit margin and government tenders, then designing and manufacturing them is going to be a real pain in the butt for you.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Another interesting observation.

I always wondered why almost all parts of SSS's firearms came from Modular Driven Technologies. MDT is a Canadian company, and generally Canada comes third after US and European countries in firearm manufacturing.

Then I realised, ITAR. Importing even screws from US, that can be used in firearms is regulated by ITAR. Pretty same in case of European countries.

So the answer is, Kanedda.

WolfPack86

Country flag
101 defence items banned full list: kalyani ulh , sss defence sniper rifle, submarine, fighter jet

Chinmoy

Country flag
AFAIK, 7.62x39mm assault rifle is not on that list.
It is on list, but the embargo for the same would be enforced by Dec 2021.

On items - Wheeled Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), Light Machine Gun, 125 mm Fin Stabilised Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot (FSAPDS)New Generation Ammunition, Assault Rifle 7.62 x 39mm, 30 mm Ammunition for Infantry Fighting Systems, Mine Fragmentation, Mine Anti-tank, Mine Anti-Personnel Blast, Multipurpose Grenade, Inertial Navigation System for Ship Application and Conventional Submarines- embargo will come with effect From December 2021. [\QUOTE]

https://www.livemint.com/news/india...anned-for-import-by-india-11596955073172.html

Chinmoy

Country flag
Really!!?

Now show me list. Or otherwise I'll have to.
Already posted it along with the reply. Doing it again.

On items - Wheeled Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), Light Machine Gun, 125 mm Fin Stabilised Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot (FSAPDS)New Generation Ammunition, Assault Rifle 7.62 x 39mm, 30 mm Ammunition for Infantry Fighting Systems, Mine Fragmentation, Mine Anti-tank, Mine Anti-Personnel Blast, Multipurpose Grenade, Inertial Navigation System for Ship Application and Conventional Submarines- embargo will come with effect From December 2021.

https://www.livemint.com/

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Already posted it along with the reply. Doing it again.

On items - Wheeled Armoured Fighting Vehicle (AFV), Light Machine Gun, 125 mm Fin Stabilised Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot (FSAPDS)New Generation Ammunition, Assault Rifle 7.62 x 39mm, 30 mm Ammunition for Infantry Fighting Systems, Mine Fragmentation, Mine Anti-tank, Mine Anti-Personnel Blast, Multipurpose Grenade, Inertial Navigation System for Ship Application and Conventional Submarines- embargo will come with effect From December 2021.

https://www.livemint.com/
Yup, found it. Was on different annexure.
My bad.

Anyway, this point becomes null and void considering the deal for AK-103M has already been signed.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yup, found it. Was on different annexure.
My bad.

Anyway, this point becomes null and void considering the deal for AK-103M has already been signed.
Yeah. Even if it had been put on the first list, there was enough option to make it null and void. They just need to sign a deal before Dec 2020 under emergency procurement. Our babus are good at all these things.
But never the less, a small step towards self reliance in basic Sniper segment.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Yeah. Even if it had been put on the first list, there was enough option to make it null and void. They just need to sign a deal before Dec 2020 under emergency procurement. Our babus are good at all these things.
But never the less, a small step towards self reliance in basic Sniper segment.
Lol.....it seems you got fooled by a simple election tactic.

1. We don't need 7.62x51mm snipers. We need .338 LM, and it's not on the list.

2. This list says 7.62x51mm sniper.

3. And it also says upgradation of Dragunovs.

Now what is the general conclusion when you combine these three points?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Lol.....it seems you got fooled by a simple election tactic.

1. We don't need 7.62x51mm snipers. We need .338 LM, and it's not on the list.

2. This list says 7.62x51mm sniper.

3. And it also says upgradation of Dragunovs.

Now what is the general conclusion when you combine these three points?
The list is a joke nothing more than that. LCA etc are part of it.

In assault rifle Ak round was mentioned . But it doesn't mean AK 203 make in the ndia route is banned. It means we will not make off the shelf purchase of them.

SSS defence have assembled a good AK version we already have TAR too. If OFB is slight serious they can copy and improve on it.

SCAR H/L is other option they must copy even if they can get it right in a year or so they can easily grab the contract.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles