Stumpp Schuele & Somappa Defence LTD

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Repeating for the sake of repeating..

Unless SSS defence releases a video of experts putting their weapons thru their paces, like grouping, mud test, range, accuracy etc.. it will be difficult for fanboys to put social media pressure on govt.

The video has to be high quality with slo-mo and stuff, the video has to capture the imagination of young Indians to veterans alike...

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Repeating for the sake of repeating..

Unless SSS defence releases a video of experts putting their weapons thru their paces, like grouping, mud test, range, accuracy etc.. it will be difficult for fanboys to put social media pressure on govt.

The video has to be high quality with slo-mo and stuff, the video has to capture the imagination of young Indians to veterans alike...
They're working on it. They even offered civs for range firing.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Update on testing

"Trials postponed. Were to happen in end May 2020 but had to be rescheduled view Pandemic COVID 19"

A little perspective

My friend I can't just pitch. If I am correct, FN SCAR 7.62x51 NATO Chambered is being procured by #IndianArmy through #ForeignMilitarySale route. The objective is not comparison but it is to upgrade the existing AKs whilst procuring the best. Any Caliber as per user requirement

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dear SSS people,

Please start making Armalite rifles as their patents are expired. Slowly IA starting to like AR rifles and i want you(an Indian company) to cash it. Not some sig or caracal.

Most importantly diversify your product range,

1. Make it with different calibers,(556,6.5,762 nato etc)
  2. Make both piston operated(like hk416) and external piston(DI)
  3. Design shorter barrel rifles 8inch for cqb
  4. Take a look at the lmt mars upper and its barrel mounting system.
  5. If you're feeling adventurous do try the dual recoil spring systems like ar18 or mcx series

Regards,

:pray:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Dear SSS people,

Please start making Armalite rifles as their patents are expired. Slowly IA starting to like AR rifles and i want you(an Indian company) to cash it. Not some sig or caracal.

Most importantly diversify your product range,

1. Make it with different calibers,(556,6.5,762 nato etc)
  2. Make both piston operated(like hk416) and external piston(DI)
  3. Design shorter barrel rifles 8inch for cqb
  4. Take a look at the lmt mars upper and barrel mounting system.
  5. If you're feeling adventurous do try the dual spring systems like ar18 or mcx series

Regards,

:pray:
@padmaraj

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Indian Army has already bought FN SCAR for speacial ops, may be in 100's.

Why the tweets are coming now about AK 47, where are these guys all these days?

Lonewarrior

Country flag
@Johny_Baba I'm just ending what you had started. Feel free to correct me.

So few facts.
1. Almost all the stocks used on SSS's sniper rifles are either straight from a Canadian/US company named MDT (Modular Driven Technologies) or are just their knockoffs. Especially ESS, LSS and ACC stocks of MDT.

2. Actions on sniper rifles are probably one of the typical Remington 700 pattern bolt actions, plethora of which are available in US. Also is uses the common AICS magazine.

3. Same goes with trigger. Typical aftermarket trigger for Remingtons.

4. Pistol grip used on sniper rifles and all of the P-72s are also from a US company; and surprisingly its name is MDT.

5. As you mentioned, all the AK modification are actually from Texas Weapon Systems, their Dog Leg series.

6. The pistol grip used on the modified AKs is from Hogue. Again USA.

7. The folding stock in the modified AKs is in fact a Viper MOD-1, made by Strike Industries, USA.

8. The folding hinge system used on modified AKs is either the one made by Sylvan Arms, USA or it's knockoff.

All the claims of in-house development and having IPRs are more or less just bluffs. They are doing what our OFBs have done since their inception; copying and labelling StAtE oF tHe ArT. The only difference is that OFB can't even do that properly.
Problem here is not that they are copying foreign design or working in joint venture. The problem here is that they are just using our emotions and enthusiasm of indigenous stuff and #aatmanirbharbharat for their marketing. Not to mention the lack of worthy competition and level of firearm related knowledge in general populace.

So ya, cheetos.

Last edited:

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
@Johny_Baba I'm just ending what you had started. Feel free to correct me.

So few facts.
1. Almost all the stocks used on SSS's sniper rifles are either straight from a Canadian/US company named MDT (Modular Driven Technologies) or are just their knockoffs. Especially ESS, LSS and ACC stocks of MDT.

2. Actions on sniper rifles are probably one of the typical Remington 700 pattern bolt actions, plethora of which are available in US. Also is uses the common AICS magazine.

3. Same goes with trigger. Typical aftermarket trigger for Remingtons.

4. Pistol grip used on sniper rifles and all of the P-72s are also from a US company; and surprisingly its name is MDT.

5. As you mentioned, all the AK modification are actually from Texas Weapon Systems, their Dog Leg series.

6. The pistol grip used on the modified AKs is from Hogue. Again USA.

7. The folding stock in the modified AKs is in fact a Viper MOD-1, made by Strike Industries, USA.

8. The folding hinge system used on modified AKs is either the one made by Sylvan Arms, USA or it's knockoff.

All the claims of in-house development and having IPRs are more or less just bluffs. They are doing what our OFBs have done since their inception; copying and labelling StAtE oF tHe ArT. The only difference is that OFB can't even do that properly.
Problem here is not that they are copying foreign design or working in joint venture. The problem here is that they are just using our emotions and enthusiasm of indigenous stuff and #aatmanirbharbharat for their marketing. Not to mention the lack of worthy competition and level of firearm related knowledge in general populace.

So ya, cheetos.
Even if they are copying if its affordable and made in india i would buy it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles