Star Wars vs Star Trek

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Both SW and ST are junk. Nonsensical and without any scientific basis whatsoever. :rolleyes:

datguy79

Star Trek. Good science-fiction tries to relate current day issues with its theme, and only Star Trek manages to do that. Besides, you can`t compare 6 movies with 5-6 series and a whole bunch of movies that ST did.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
There are way better space movies than SW & ST. Moon, Event Horizon, Sunshine, Predators, Pandorum, Pitch Black etc.

Hell even the Mass Effect series of games is 1000x more realistic than either SW or ST.

Phenom

Both are horrible,
Star Wars is way over the top with good vs evil it has no shades of grey. Star Trek is too preachy and somewhat boring.

Shows like Battlestar galactica or Firefly are better than both.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Shows like Battlestar galactica or Firefly are better than both.
Firefly was awesome, shame it was cancelled

Battlestar Galactica was good initially, but they added too many religious elements for "depth". Still that show was interesting, American mythology (13 colonies etc) and Judeo-Christian undertones give hints about the target audience

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
You people hating on star wars!! WHY U SLAP?! WHY U SLAP?!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I thought ST movies were inferior to SW. Except for the time travel ones, it felt like another two part episode. I loved TNG and the original was really ground breaking and enjoyable to watch. DS9 was boring until it entered the Dominion War, that season was good. Voyager only had half a dozen episodes that I would watch over. Enterprise was blah. It is rather hard to compare the two since SW never made it on air and was much more fantasy.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
1.DS9
2.Enterprise
3.Voyager
4.TNG
5.TOS

But best scifi series is Babylon 5

Last edited by a moderator:

Snuggy321

SW FTW

Star Wars Saga is gonna be continued in a few years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
In front of Star Wars, Star Trek lore is just shit. With 5 main guys to speak of Star Trek is a joke. Now we have to wait and watch as Walt Disney murders the SW franchise. :(

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
There are way better space movies than SW & ST. Moon, Event Horizon, Sunshine, Predators, Pandorum, Pitch Black etc.
:thumb: Yeah!
Event Horizon is pretty scary even if one is not afraid of ghosts. The idea of a gate to hell being opened onboard a spaceship seated in the orbit of another planet is horifying.
Pitch Black is one of those movies where you are almost convinced you were a part of the whole experience. Chronicles of Riddick, though not as good, was pretty intense too.
Let me add one to your list.
Solaris. Watch that if you haven't already done so.
John Carpeneter's Ghosts of Mars. Another good one. Watch it if you can.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The best space movie (okay, short movie) for me is this:

Never fail to send me back in time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snuggy321

Yes,

Some fans have already named it

Episode VII: The Search for more money :rofl:
pffff actually we Indians dont need SW saga. We have our own Gorshkov/Vikramaditya Saga which will probably last longer than Star wars :p
Latest episode called: Admiral Gorshkov Episode 28: Revenge of the Steamboilers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles