SSLV News, Discussions, Updates and Reports

SKC

Country flag
The post launch speeches mentions how they focused on mistakes and errors of the first launch and worked on correcting the issues.
This was also very quick turnaround time for correcting everything and do second launch successfully.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Next focus launch on Demand, the launch of SSLV within a week time frame. 52 launches a years is the future of the NSIL vision within this decade.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
There is a proverb in English comparing very difficult tasks to Rocket science. Now Rocket science is coming handy with entry of new players and because of learning effect. The rocket science have entered into cost leadership phase from technological challenges phase. Now it is no more a monopoly so cost competitiveness is the key to emerge as a leader in the market. With the arrival of SSLV, we have entered into a new phase. A cost effective launcher available on demand with low launching cost per KG, is a winning combination. We have struck it right.

Last edited:

TopWatcher

Country flag
There is a proverb in English comparing very difficult tasks to Rocket science. Now Rocket science is coming handy with entry of new players. The rocket science have entered into cost leadership phase from technological challenges phase. Now it is no more a monopoly so cost competitiveness is the key to emerge as a leader in the market. With the arrival of SSLV, we have entered into a new phase. A cost effective launcher available on demand with low launching cost per KG, is a winning combination. We have struck it right.
I would say then make a dedicated team of SSLV. These commercial launches impacting our space science missions.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I would say then make a dedicated team of SSLV. These commercial launches impacting our space science missions.
I would love to see SSLV with semi cryogenic engine and 1 ton payload with composite motors. I would like to see SSLV launching 500 KG satellites in Polar orbit as well. All these are very much possible as now we have entered into a phase where we can make small cryogenic engine with 3D printing in a just 4 days of time. A variant of SSLV with Semi cryogenic engine and Cryogenic engine should be made to boost Payload.

SKC

Country flag
Small Satellite launcher will get us most commercial launch contracts. Already so many players have emerged in internantional market which stole SIRO's low launch cost propect.

SKC

Country flag
I would love to see SSLV with semi cryogenic engine and 1 ton payload with composite motors. I would like to see SSLV launching 500 KG satellites in Polar orbit as well. All these are very much possible as now we have entered into a phase where we can make small cryogenic engine with 3D printing in a just 4 days of time. A variant of SSLV with Semi cryogenic engine and Cryogenic engine should be made to boost Payload.
Don't make it PSLV! Let it be SSLV only.

Varoon2

Country flag
I will be watching in more detail, the post launch comments, but did any of the ISRO people mention another SSLV launch in the coming months? It would make sense, considering the reputed quick turn-around time.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Don't make it PSLV! Let it be SSLV only.

It will be SSLV with PSLV capabilities. ISRO has a plan to double the payload capability of all its vehicles. GSLV Mk2 Will become GSLV MK3 so far as capability is concern. PSLV will carry 3000 KG to polar orbit etc. Semi cryogenic stage is a key. GSLV MK3 will carry 10000 kg to GEO with L110 replaced by semi cryogenic technology.

SKC

Country flag
It will be SSLV with PSLV capabilities. ISRO has a plan to double the payload capability of all its vehicles. GSLV Mk2 Will become GSLV MK3 so far as capability is concern. PSLV will carry 3000 KG to polar orbit etc. Semi cryogenic stage is a key. GSLV MK3 will carry 10000 kg to GEO with L110 replaced by semi cryogenic technology.
Please dont mix all launchers together. PSLV in bare mimimum configuration does what you are suggesting SSLV to do!
Separate platforms are for separate missions. No need intermixing capabilities.

Vamsi

Country flag
It seems you have ignored the key motto behind SSLV,the cost & time

SSLV based on SCE-200 won't be cheaper unless it is reused & the reusable version won't even have 500Kg payload to 500KM polar orbit without Cryo upper stage which again increases the cost ,complexity & risk....so SSLV based on SCE-200 is economically not feasible

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles