Sri Lanka Opens $500 Million Port Terminal Built by China

Kito

Maybe Tutincorin is the competitor for Colombo, geographically, for transshipment hub, not JNP?

India does not have any other port in the top 50 port list.

SamwiseTheBrave

No, you don't. Instead, US does.

Well, if indian navy is in control of IOR, then you don't need to mention any other power, only weaker need to tell people that his ass is protected by another big guy.

Well, it is better than thinking youself something big while you are nothing in reality.
talk logic and employ rational arguments - its far more effective than spewing bullshit and rhetroic. Nobody is protecting anybodys ass, everyone is interested only in maximizing conditions for their nation self interest. Hence the navies i mentioned realize that Indian Navy is the dominant force in the region and the fact that they choose to co-ordinate with us boosts their interoperability with us. This reinforces my claim that India is the de facto power in IOR. If you drag the US into this then by the same logic why dont I see the Chinese and American navies holding joint ops in the SCS ?
oh yeah, thats right, because US believes it pretty much owns the area already and hence has no need to co-operate with anyone else. Plus the fact that it can whoop yo` candy ass of the Sino Navy any day of the year !

SamwiseTheBrave

This is not about China turning over the IOR to India. This is about China leaving India alone in South Asia so long as India respects Chinese interests in South Asia.
now you`re coming to the point - India will stop interfering in China`s backyard only when China realizes that South Asia is India`s zone of influence. If not, c`est la vie and may the stronger country win !

SamwiseTheBrave

Nice link

Now, read the link carefully.

1. India work with Vietnam in 3 blocks, and 127,128 block are in Chinese side.
2. 127 was stoped 3 years ago for some reason... ( google it ...)
3. 128 is stoping for some reason.. ( google it...)
this is the most recent link i could find....read it clearly since it refutes your claim in no uncertain terms.
Post reliable, non-CCP propaganda third party links, if any, to backup your claims that "128 is stoping for some reason".
ONGC to Continue Exploration in South China Sea - WSJ.com

CCTV

now you`re coming to the point - India will stop interfering in China`s backyard only when China realizes that South Asia is India`s zone of influence. If not, c`est la vie and may the stronger country win !
Well , you definitely know which country is stronger. I think the weaker one 's claim is just a joke.

Btw, thank you for your link about those oil blocks.

CCTV

this is the most recent link i could find....read it clearly since it refutes your claim in no uncertain terms.
Post reliable, non-CCP propaganda third party links, if any, to backup your claims that "128 is stoping for some reason".
ONGC to Continue Exploration in South China Sea - WSJ.com
Ok, you know it is more than one year now.
Any progress? I just see news about Chinese cut some cables in that region..

Like the news at 2012.12.03, a few months after yours news..lol
Vietnam Says Chinese Vessels Cut Cables - WSJ.com

Last edited:

SamwiseTheBrave

This is not about China turning over the IOR to India. This is about China leaving India alone in South Asia so long as India respects Chinese interests in South Asia.
@heinz_gud @no smoking : i rest my case. read the message being sent through when 2 BIG launches are announced in the same week. how often does that happen ? don`t forget that the INS Vikramaditya is also en route. the fact is that the IN controls the IOR

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/ins-arihant-nuclear-reactor-activated-warship-for-navy-deployments-soon/1153638/

India's aircraft carrier INS Vikrant raises hackles in China - Indian Express

@CCTV : read the article, and confirm if the comrade officer told you these words himself :p ?

Last edited by a moderator:

CCTV

Last edited by a moderator:

SamwiseTheBrave

Ok, you know it is more than one year now.
Any progress? I just see news about Chinese cut some cables in that region..

Like the news at 2012.12.03, a few months after yours news..lol
Vietnam Says Chinese Vessels Cut Cables - WSJ.com
Thats a totally different region and the article has no mention of Block 128.such a pathetically weak attempt at disinformation.Fail.
since there is no news of 128 that means its good news for us and work is apace quietly in the background... else am sure the CCP propaganda machinery would`ve blown the issue out of proportion if any drawback from India had indeed happened and said "this is an example of what happens to those who mess with us in SCS".
but no news of that sort has come out now has it ? hence proved.

SamwiseTheBrave

Well , you definitely know which country is stronger. I think the weaker one 's claim is just a joke.

Btw, thank you for your link about those oil blocks.
yup India is certainly stronger and china`s claims are just a blustery joke. time will tell that your definition of "strength" is narrow and incredibly short sighted.
and you are welcome for those links - i am rendering yeoman`s service in disabusing you of all the CCP propaganda brainwashing that has been done over the years. you can be sure that I will Lather, Rinse, Repeat until the light of truth dawns on thee :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles