Sri Lanka News and Discussions

another_armchair

Country flag
Now Srilanka now has only 4 billion $ in forex reserves

They are demanding a billion dollar currency swap with India but they will sleep with China and call us names.

Their bond yields seems insanely high.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

They are demanding a billion dollar currency swap with India but they will sleep with China and call us names.

Their bond yields seems insanely high.
it’s ok mate, them going bankrupt is a much bigger problem to deal with.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
China will start same policy as used in Pakistan , investment for china centric interests , bullying your government , building chinese colonies and malls for their use , bullying your people , using your land for acting against us in our backyard .

Basically making a pakistan out of you , too many investment with too little jobs

HitmanBlood

Country flag
A personal conspiracy of mine regarding China Sri Lanka port deal.

Sri Lanka took massive loans to build some chinese projects in their country knowing they have to pay the money back. Now individuals can be stupid enough to not calculate proper EMIs of the loan and how they will pay back, but a gov has many institutions at their disposal who do feasibility studies, economic studies, etc. before any such undertaking. They have clear idea of how much money they will generate and how they will payback.

So how Sri Lanka fell into China's debt trap?

My thinking is they didn't. As per my theory, Sri Lankan leaders had full understanding of what they were doing. They were selling their sovereignty for money but they can't do it publicly so they made deal with China in which they signed up for a loan that they knew they can't pay back so in return China took over their port as part of the deal. So Chinese got what they want and corrupt Sri Lankan leaders got money.

So it wasn't that chinese took advantage of gullible Sri Lanka but rather a deal of sovereignty in disguise by a corrupt leadership.

HeinzGud

Country flag
China will start same policy as used in Pakistan , investment for china centric interests , bullying your government , building chinese colonies and malls for their use , bullying your people , using your land for acting against us in our backyard .

Basically making a pakistan out of you , too many investment with too little jobs
Rajafaksa f"ckers have already ruined the country.. hope they won't have any chance by 2024.....

HeinzGud

Country flag
A personal conspiracy of mine regarding China Sri Lanka port deal.

Sri Lanka took massive loans to build some chinese projects in their country knowing they have to pay the money back. Now individuals can be stupid enough to not calculate proper EMIs of the loan and how they will pay back, but a gov has many institutions at their disposal who do feasibility studies, economic studies, etc. before any such undertaking. They have clear idea of how much money they will generate and how they will payback.

So how Sri Lanka fell into China's debt trap?

My thinking is they didn't. As per my theory, Sri Lankan leaders had full understanding of what they were doing. They were selling their sovereignty for money but they can't do it publicly so they made deal with China in which they signed up for a loan that they knew they can't pay back so in return China took over their port as part of the deal. So Chinese got what they want and corrupt Sri Lankan leaders got money.

So it wasn't that chinese took advantage of gullible Sri Lanka but rather a deal of sovereignty in disguise by a corrupt leadership.
There was the burden of war dept. I think the gov. fell for that

shashankk

Country flag
@HeinzGud
Is what coupta saying true?
usually when coupta gets this excited, it is not in India's self interest but rather some other major economy's interest.
Couptaji talked lot of sense in this video. Analysis bang on except for his fascination with Kerala healthcare system.
We should give them some food but no money should be given before extracting a pound of flesh. They have been mean to us and we should return the favor.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles