Space exploration and technology

Is Solar Electrification Good for Military??

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
We already have flying cars now but they don't seem particularly practical.
Yes ,they are not practical as of now but as time passes, they will be more practical in the near future.
I am definitely sure of that!🙂

Varoon2

Country flag
Advancements will be made, almost for certain. But it helps to keep things in perspective. At current rocket speeds, it would take 100,000 years for a manned flight to Alpha Centauri, which is the * nearest * star to our own sun! Just think how long it would take, and the kind of speed, to reach other stars within our galaxy, to say nothing of other galaxies! Whoa..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I have a few Questions with Regards to Space exploration and technology:
1) is it possible that one day we will be able to do interstellar travel(interstellar travel refers to the currently theoretical idea of interstellar probes or crewed spacecraft moving between stars or planetary systems in a galaxy)
2) is it possible that in the near future, We might be able to build starships and spaceships which could Operate near our own planet?(they could also be militarised for use ,incase of an hostile encounter with Extraterrestrials if they exist)
3)Do Aliens Exist?(you can share your opinion on this one)
I think so. Just imagine what space travel would be like in 100 years? 200 years?
1. Not in many hundred years at least. Interstellar travel i.e. travelling billions of miles by human within his lifetime, is not something humans can find a way to. At best, some Voyaging human volunteers would be sent to travel forever in space who want to do so (I'm quite sure that they'd shortly regret remaining closed a capsule for rest of their lives). In fact, we'd take a while to explore our solar system completely.
2. Yes, not far away. Travelling and settlements around the earth would be a common thing in 100 years. Settling in entire solar system would require a cold war space race between NASA, RFSA, ESA, CNSA, ISRO, JAXA and ISA etc.. But interstellar travel is unrealistic and highly unlikely for our next 4-5 generations.
3. Obviously they do. Universe is vast with trillions of stars and probably decillions of planets, comets, satellites and asteroids.

Super Flanker

Country flag
1. Not in many hundred years at least. Interstellar travel i.e. travelling billions of miles by human within his lifetime, is not something humans can find a way to. At best, some Voyaging human volunteers would be sent to travel forever in space who want to do so (I'm quite sure that they'd shortly regret remaining closed a capsule for rest of their lives). In fact, we'd take a while to explore our solar system completely.
1)To be honest from my personal opinion there is always the Possibility of Faster than light travel, there are many concepts in today's scientific community which Support such things ,for example take the Alcubierre warp drive concept which theorizes using Warp Technology to travel faster than the speed of light, According to some Popular Mechanics, the NASA warp drive will expend a massive amount of energy that will "warp" (contract and twist) space time behind the spacecraft, which will create a space time "bubble." This bubble, which will be created around the ship and curved behind it, will theoretically reduce the distance that the ship will have to travel. Therefore, it could make light-speed (or even faster-than-light) travel possible.
to explore our solar system completely.
2. Yes, not far away. Travelling and settlements around the earth would be a common thing in 100 years. Settling in entire solar system would require a cold war space race between NASA, RFSA, ESA, CNSA, ISRO, JAXA and ISA etc.. But interstellar travel is unrealistic and highly unlikely for our next 4-5 generations.
2)To be honest ,I visualise a realistic timeline of 150+ years with regards to the Colonization of the Solar system, I guess first we must explore our own Solar system and than think about visiting nearby Star systems which is the most logical thing to do in my opinion, anyways let's see what the Future holds for Humanity
3. Obviously they do. Universe is vast with trillions of stars and probably decillions of planets, comets, satellites and asteroids.
3) Yes! It's so obvious! It's obvious that there are aliens who Exist somewhere in this universe, or else how can such a huge Universe be home to just an intelligent species like Humans? It's obvious that Extraterrestrials do infact Exist somewhere out there.

Vikram314

Country flag
1)To be honest from my personal opinion there is always the Possibility of Faster than light travel, there are many concepts in today's scientific community which Support such things ,for example take the Alcubierre warp drive concept which theorizes using Warp Technology to travel faster than the speed of light, According to some Popular Mechanics, the NASA warp drive will expend a massive amount of energy that will "warp" (contract and twist) space time behind the spacecraft, which will create a space time "bubble." This bubble, which will be created around the ship and curved behind it, will theoretically reduce the distance that the ship will have to travel. Therefore, it could make light-speed (or even faster-than-light) travel possible.

2)To be honest ,I visualise a realistic timeline of 150+ years with regards to the Colonization of the Solar system, I guess first we must explore our own Solar system and than think about visiting nearby Star systems which is the most logical thing to do in my opinion, anyways let's see what the Future holds for Humanity

3) Yes! It's so obvious! It's obvious that there are aliens who Exist somewhere in this universe, or else how can such a huge Universe be home to just an intelligent species like Humans? It's obvious that Extraterrestrials do infact Exist somewhere out there.
Alcubierre warp drive will remain a concept. You will have to break the laws of physics to achieve this which is not possible. Speed of light is the maximum. You cannot travel more faster than speed of light as it violates special theory of relativity.

Regarding solar system there are only few places where we can meaningfully colonize. Mars is one of them and I think 4 moons of Jupiter and one moon of Saturn are big enough. Other moons of Jupiter and Saturn are too small. Now I cannot predict that how much time it will take to colonize them.

Regarding aliens i can write pages as to why they exist but it will not matter to us. i can definitely say that intelligent life is not there in milky way galaxy. We are truly alone. Now there might be life( microscopic) in milky way but it is impossible to verify that.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Alcubierre warp drive will remain a concept. You will have to break the laws of physics to achieve this which is not possible. Speed of light is the maximum. You cannot travel more faster than speed of light as it violates special theory of relativity.

Regarding solar system there are only few places where we can meaningfully colonize. Mars is one of them and I think 4 moons of Jupiter and one moon of Saturn are big enough. Other moons of Jupiter and Saturn are too small. Now I cannot predict that how much time it will take to colonize them.

Regarding aliens i can write pages as to why they exist but it will not matter to us. i can definitely say that intelligent life is not there in milky way galaxy. We are truly alone. Now there might be life( microscopic) in milky way but it is impossible to verify that.
@Vikram314 yes I agree with what you have Just written.You are right mate ,as of now we can make only Assumptions and theories! Who knows that in the near future a warp drive type Technology might be possible? Let's hope for the best for mankind. Let's see what the Future holds for Humanity as a whole.

Swesh

Asia’s largest 4-metre liquid mirror telescope inaugurated in Uttarakhand

A panoramic view of the Devasthal Observatory campus of ARIES at Nainital
In another scientific milestone for India, Asia’s largest 4-metre International Liquid Mirror Telescope (ILMT) was inaugurated at Devasthal in Uttarakhand on Tuesday.
After inaugurating the telescope in the presence of Uttarakhand governor Lt. Gen Gurmeet Singh (Retd), Union science & technology and space minister Jitendra Singh said, “Today’s landmark event places India at a different and a much higher level of capabilities to study the mysteries of the skies and astronomy, and to share the same with the rest of the world.”
The telescope is located at an altitude of 2,450 metre on the Devasthal Observatory campus of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), an autonomous institute under the Science and Technology (DST) department, in Nainital district. The ILMT, which achieved its first light in the second week of May 2022, is now ready to explore the deep celestial sky. The telescope was designed and built by the Advanced Mechanical and Optical Systems (AMOS) Corporation and the Centre Spatial de Lie’ge in Belgium.
ILMT-MIRROR.
1679755136873.png

Top view of the ILMT located at the

Devasthal Observatory of ARIES showing the liquid mercury mirror covered by a thin mylar film
Jitendra Singh said the ILMT is the first liquid mirror telescope designed exclusively for astronomical observations and this is the largest aperture telescope available in the country at present and is also the first optical survey telescope in India. While scanning the strip of the sky every night, the telescope will generate nearly 10-15 gigabytes of data and the wealth of ILMT generated data will permit the application of big data and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) algorithms that will be implemented for classifying the objects observed with the ILMT.
Singh said it is primarily the patronage, promotion and prioritisation from PM Narendra Modi that has enabled and emboldened the scientific fraternity to successfully try new initiatives one after the other in the field of science, technology and innovation, which are being rated as world class. Not only PM Modi has given us the motivation to move ahead but also given the freedom to explore hitherto lesser explored areas like space, which has been opened up for private players or India's oceans whose vast resources are waiting to be unfolded, he said.
ILMT-SKY-VIEW.
A colour composite photograph of a small portion of the sky observed with the ILMT through the G, R and I Sloan filters
The minister said the ILMT employs a 4-metre-diameter rotating mirror made up of a thin layer of liquid mercury to collect and focus light. He said the metal mercury is in liquid form at room temperature and at the same time highly reflective and hence, it is ideally suited to form such a mirror. The ILMT is designed to survey the strip of the sky passing overhead each night, allowing it to detect transient or variable celestial objects such as supernovae, gravitational lenses, space debris, and asteroids, the minister added.
He informed that the data will be analysed quickly to discover and discern variable and transient stellar sources. The 3.6-metre telescope, with the availability of sophisticated back-end instruments, will allow rapid follow-up observations of the newly-detected transient sources. The data collected from the ILMT, over an operational time of 5 years, will be ideally suited to perform a deep photometric and astrometric variability survey.
Singh informed that the ILMT collaboration includes researchers from ARIES in India, the University of Lie`ge and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, Poznan Observatory in Poland, the Ulugh Beg Astronomical Institute of the Uzbek Academy of Sciences and National University of Uzbekistan in Uzbekistan, the University of British Columbia, Laval University, the University of Montreal, the University of Toronto, York University and the University of Victoria in Canada.

Swesh

A panoramic view of the Devasthal Observatory campus of ARIES at Nainital
In another scientific milestone for India, Asia’s largest 4-metre International Liquid Mirror Telescope (ILMT) was inaugurated at Devasthal in Uttarakhand on Tuesday.
After inaugurating the telescope in the presence of Uttarakhand governor Lt. Gen Gurmeet Singh (Retd), Union science & technology and space minister Jitendra Singh said, “Today’s landmark event places India at a different and a much higher level of capabilities to study the mysteries of the skies and astronomy, and to share the same with the rest of the world.”
The telescope is located at an altitude of 2,450 metre on the Devasthal Observatory campus of Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), an autonomous institute under the Science and Technology (DST) department, in Nainital district. The ILMT, which achieved its first light in the second week of May 2022, is now ready to explore the deep celestial sky. The telescope was designed and built by the Advanced Mechanical and Optical Systems (AMOS) Corporation and the Centre Spatial de Lie’ge in Belgium.
ILMT-MIRROR.
View attachment 197844
Top view of the ILMT located at the

Devasthal Observatory of ARIES showing the liquid mercury mirror covered by a thin mylar film
Jitendra Singh said the ILMT is the first liquid mirror telescope designed exclusively for astronomical observations and this is the largest aperture telescope available in the country at present and is also the first optical survey telescope in India. While scanning the strip of the sky every night, the telescope will generate nearly 10-15 gigabytes of data and the wealth of ILMT generated data will permit the application of big data and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) algorithms that will be implemented for classifying the objects observed with the ILMT.
Singh said it is primarily the patronage, promotion and prioritisation from PM Narendra Modi that has enabled and emboldened the scientific fraternity to successfully try new initiatives one after the other in the field of science, technology and innovation, which are being rated as world class. Not only PM Modi has given us the motivation to move ahead but also given the freedom to explore hitherto lesser explored areas like space, which has been opened up for private players or India's oceans whose vast resources are waiting to be unfolded, he said.
ILMT-SKY-VIEW.
A colour composite photograph of a small portion of the sky observed with the ILMT through the G, R and I Sloan filters
The minister said the ILMT employs a 4-metre-diameter rotating mirror made up of a thin layer of liquid mercury to collect and focus light. He said the metal mercury is in liquid form at room temperature and at the same time highly reflective and hence, it is ideally suited to form such a mirror. The ILMT is designed to survey the strip of the sky passing overhead each night, allowing it to detect transient or variable celestial objects such as supernovae, gravitational lenses, space debris, and asteroids, the minister added.
He informed that the data will be analysed quickly to discover and discern variable and transient stellar sources. The 3.6-metre telescope, with the availability of sophisticated back-end instruments, will allow rapid follow-up observations of the newly-detected transient sources. The data collected from the ILMT, over an operational time of 5 years, will be ideally suited to perform a deep photometric and astrometric variability survey.
Singh informed that the ILMT collaboration includes researchers from ARIES in India, the University of Lie`ge and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, Poznan Observatory in Poland, the Ulugh Beg Astronomical Institute of the Uzbek Academy of Sciences and National University of Uzbekistan in Uzbekistan, the University of British Columbia, Laval University, the University of Montreal, the University of Toronto, York University and the University of Victoria in Canada.
More on this

monterrey

Country flag

State of the Art Novel InFlow Tech Space Satellite and Habitat Power-Plant Generator - Self-Feed Unit; H2O=>HHO=>H2O=>HHO 4 Systems All in One Unit

+PLUS; *State of the Art, Novel Technology, Featured Project Development / Space, Satellite and Habitat, Power-Plant, Generator, Self-Feed Unit; H2O=>HHO=>H2O=>HHO=>Etc... *4 Systems All in One Unit, One By One, Plus Four-4 Projects added One to Other; *·1-Gearturbine, ·2-Imploturbocompressor, ·3-Dynamic Generator, ·4-Electrolysis System:

·1-GEARTURBINE; Reaction Turbine, Rotary-Turbo-InFlow Tech,Have the similar basic system of the Aeolipilie Heron Steam Turbine device from Alexandria 10-70 AD * With Retrodynamic = DextroRPM VS LevoInFlow + Ying Yang Way Power Type - Non Waste Looses *8X/Y Thermodynamic CYCLE Way Steps. 4 Turbos, Higher efficient percent. No blade erosion by sand & very low heat target signature Pat:197187IMPI MX Dic1991 Atypical Motor Engine Type.

·2-IMPLOTURBOCOMPRESSOR; Impulse Turbine, Implo-Ducted, One Moving Part System Excellence Design - The InFlow Interaction comes from Macro-Flow and goes to Micro-Flow by Implossion - Only One Compression Step; Inflow, Compression and outflow at one simple circular dynamic motion / New Concept. To see a Imploturbocompressor animation, is possible on a simple way, just to check an Hurricane Satellite view, and is the same implo inflow way nature.

·Note;Plus-this-Two Projects to complete all the System Work/Self-Feed Unit Space Power-Plant-H2O=>HHO.

·3-Dynamic Generator/New Kind.

·4-Electrolysis System/BioDesign.

*(3&4-Hide-Cards-on-the-Hand).

http://stateoftheartnovelinflowtech.blogspot.com

https://padlet.com/gearturbine/un2slbar3s94

Soldier355

Country flag
Airbus showed the project of the space station LOOP. The service life of the ISS is coming to an end and it is already necessary to create a replacement for it. Against the backdrop of what is happening in the world, humanity will either be able to create a new version of the space station accessible to all, or will build its own stations in near-Earth orbit. Airbus unveiled the concept of the new space station LOOP. The new project is a universal three-story station for life and work in space. The station can be delivered into orbit in a single launch of SpaceX's super-heavy launch vehicle. Each floor is 8 meters in diameter and can be converted into living quarters, laboratories and docking stations. The decks are connected at the center of the structure by a so-called "tunnel", which is surrounded by greenhouse modules. The LOOP station is designed for a crew of four, but can be adapted to accommodate up to eight people.

Varoon2

Country flag
Does anyone remember the name of the space research organisation in West Bengal, comprised of ex Isro scientists/ engineers, that developed and launched a gamma Ray probe, called RT-2, on board a Russian rocket back in the period 2008-2010 The probe detected gamma Ray bursts for about one year. Any idea if this organisation is still around, and what are its latest activities.

Last edited:

Soldier355

Country flag
Iran launched a Salman rocket with a biocapsule inside. This launch is part of Iran's space program to send humans into space. The capsule weighed about 500 kilograms and was launched to an altitude of 130 kilometers; it was equipped with the necessary equipment to study the conditions of human beings in space. Iran did not disclose which animal was in the biocapsule and imitated the astronaut. Previously, 10 years ago, Iran sent two monkeys into space in a biocapsule.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles