South Korea FA-50 News and Discussions

Jambudweepa

Country flag
Former Malesiyan pilot alleges proper Open International Tender process for the 2 systems are not adhered to and have been deviously aimed and manipulated towards selecting pre-determined systems i.e. Anka UAS [drones] and FA-50 .

jai jaganath

Country flag
Former Malesiyan pilot alleges proper Open International Tender process for the 2 systems are not adhered to and have been deviously aimed and manipulated towards selecting pre-determined systems i.e. Anka UAS [drones] and FA-50 .

Matlab

Flying Dagger

Country flag

FA-50 is a good product for their need. A light trainer/fighter at low cost and with many export customers. The engine is same with their already existing F-18 which have proved very reliable and less maintenance intensive all over the world.

I think that's the main reason. The other choice were Tejas which again has so far comes from a troubled history being criticised by the IAF and not so exciting defence sector unlike Korea.

Overall a good pragmatic decision. Lets be honest we would have done the same given the budget. Probably Gripen or second hand used F-16s etc could have been a better buy .

Jambudweepa

Country flag
FA-50 is a good product for their need. A light trainer/fighter at low cost and with many export customers. The engine is same with their already existing F-18 which have proved very reliable and less maintenance intensive all over the world.
FA 50 and tejas both use general electric f404 engine .

not so exciting defence sector unlike Korea.
I wld disagree India rightnow has developed much of the weapon package from air to air missiles like astra series , air to ground like SAAW ,rudram series , anti radiation missile . And soon CATs family ll enter . We own the code . Integrating any equipment ll be cheaper . Our weapons ll be cheaper .

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
To match the West we have to nurture our Private aerospace and Machine Industry in General.

Look at the ones supplying cables to FA 50

Who else are they supplying?

Boeing 737AnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Wire & cable
Boeing 747AnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Wire & cable
Boeing 767AnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Boeing 777AnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Boeing 787 DreamlinerAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Wire & cable
Boeing F/A-18 Super HornetAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
COMAC ARJ21AnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Embraer E-Jet 170/190 seriesAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Embraer ERJ-145 seriesAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
KAI T-50 Golden EagleAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Lockheed Martin C-130J HerculesAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable
Sikorsky S-70A Black HawkAnalysisElectrical Wire & Cable: Insulated wire & cable

There's more but we wouldn't know about it.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
FA 50 and tejas both use general electric f404 engine .
That's not the point... And not the only criteria.

I wld disagree India rightnow has developed much of the weapon package from air to air missiles like astra series , air to ground like SAAW ,rudram series , anti radiation missile . And soon CATs family ll enter . We own the code . Integrating any equipment ll be cheaper . Our weapons ll be cheaper .
FA 50 have export customers and already delivered to many .

Korea got successful tanks rifles SPH etc and a robust industry . We are far away from catching them for now and that's not because we are only technically behind but it is because functionally we are slow and unorganised.

They also have an upcoming twin engine fighter jet which is moving pretty fast.

And i have said it years back saying it again they aren't buying Tejas jump as much we want it's just silly.

Jambudweepa

Country flag
That's not the point... And not the only criteria.
That was the point . Read you own comment .

FA 50 have export customers and already delivered to many .
So what . Was it a criteria in fighterjet selection ?

Korea got successful tanks rifles SPH etc and a robust industry . We are far away from catching them for now and that's not because we are only technically behind but it is because functionally we are slow and unorganised.
Tanks , rifles not related to aerospace industry . Other statements are your opinions .

They also have an upcoming twin engine fighter jet which is moving pretty fast.

And i have said it years back saying it again they aren't buying Tejas jump as much we want it's just silly.
We have also lots of happening in this sector . Rest is your opinion . Nothing to say .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
That was the point . Read you own comment .
I wrote that didn't need to read that again.

So what . Was it a criteria in fighterjet selection ?
Offcourse .. one will definitely select a product which is appreciated by multiple users while Tejas is criticised by IAF multiple times who have to use it and buy them and have no choice in it.

Tanks , rifles not related to aerospace industry . Other statements are your opinions .
You talked about Indian defence sector... Didn't you . Offcourse you were answering to me but still.

Point is Korea has time and again proved itself as major defence supplier and a nation which is progressing well in that direction. India have been lacklustre .

We have also lots of happening in this sector . Rest is your opinion . Nothing to say .
Lots of happening and actually delivering in time are two world apart .

As far as your second line is concerned offcourse..

My opinion is my opinion,not your opinion but fact is fact.

Jambudweepa

Country flag
I wrote that didn't need to read that again.

Offcourse .. one will definitely select a product which is appreciated by multiple users while Tejas is criticised by IAF multiple times who have to use it and buy them and have no choice in it.

You talked about Indian defence sector... Didn't you . Offcourse you were answering to me but still.

Point is Korea has time and again proved itself as major defence supplier and a nation which is progressing well in that direction. India have been lacklustre .

Lots of happening and actually delivering in time are two world apart .

As far as your second line is concerned offcourse..

My opinion is my opinion,not your opinion but fact is fact.
Discussion going nowhere , lets end it .

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
The Malaysians will most likely scrap the tender altogether, considering all the controversy and allegations of bribery and treason. MMRCA Malaysian Boogaloo.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles