SONY TV Serial - Bharat Ka Veer Putra Maharana Pratap

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
May 27th onwards Sony will start airing a TV show on Maharana Pratap, Monday to Thursday at 10 PM IST.
Amitabh Bachchan will narrate a part of the opening episode of forthcoming show "Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap".

Let me give the disclaimer right away.
a) This is a TV serial, so don't expect accurate history to be depicted (one of the reasons why I didn't post this in History section).
b) Looking at the promos, I would not keep very high hopes but it wouldn't be disappointing either.
Seems to be watchable overall. Lets see after a few episodes. :)

We can use this thread for discussions pertaining to anything shown in the TV serial.
Promo videos playlist is here - YouTube

Regards,
Virendra

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I always wanted to watch programs on Maharana Pratap and Shivaji, and I welcome it, but the problem is that they start with the childhood days of those Kings which is boring enough, moreover they 'secularise' these serials and hide many things which inspired those heroes to fought.

SinghSher1984

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is this babu? Btw, this is just propoganada as it casts them as rebels which would legitimatize muslim rule and make it 100% when in reality it was a war aka not full control over anything.

Google myth of muslim rule in India to see what I mean.

Simple_Guy

I saw it. Opening was narrated by Amitabh Bachchan. Quite boring and previous history serials have flopped. Public mangey entertainment!

Simple_Guy

saw another ep where the boy Pratap is forced to watch an execution by the Maharana. What a tough world they live in.

Where is this being made? All the fort palace look very nice. Will visit these historic places, Chittor, Udaigarh, and all those forts one day.

Simple_Guy

Dharti Ka Veer Putra... Maharana Pratap is receiving rave reviews for its engaging story, brilliant sets, costumes and some extra-ordinary performances. The show is currently hogging all the limelight all thanks to its brilliant star cast and continuing with the trend of roping in talented actors, the makers have now signed Dakssh Ajit Singh for the show. play the role of Rana Bahadur Singh. He will play the role of one of the most important person in Maharana Pratap's life. He will train and mentor Maharana Pratap in becoming one of the greatest warriors. It is a cameo role.
TimesofIndia

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I hope they give due credit to the role of the Bhils.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I hope they give due credit to the role of the Bhils.
Why only Bheels, there were many other tribal communities and even Muslims who were part of Rana Pratap's Army mainly :

Garasias
Bhils
Minas
Gaduliya lohars
Sahariyas
Damors

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok so I saw the first few episodes. Seems ok till now, except a bit too much dramatizing in some scenes.
They've declared up front that the serial is only taking inspiration from childhood incidents of Pratap's life. In other words - 'Don't expect even half the proper history'.
Anyway, my fear is if they'll mess it up like a masala serial, the way that programme on Rani Laxmi Bai ended up.
The behavior of Shams Khan's character is a mockery in itself. I'm sure none of the Afghans chieftains in that era could have behaved so stupid.

Also, something tells me they'll drag this serial into Pratap's childhood till eternity.
They may not have the guts to take on bull of mature Pratap's history by its horns after all. :(

In 90s a TV serial on Pratap began and ended abruptly after ended episodes. Production quality and acting was many times better.
Guess who was playing Pratap - Vinod Khanna.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
These so called "Historic" serials are nothing but dramatized version like of Ekta kapur's sas-bahu and far from reality.

I remember how they downgraded the new Mahabharat :facepalm:

TrueSpirit

In 90s a TV serial on Pratap began and ended abruptly after ended episodes. Production quality and acting was many times better.
Guess who was playing Pratap - Vinod Khanna.
Yeah, I used to watch that serial.

The opening episode with Rana Sanga (played by Mukesh Khanna to perfection) was very inspiring & ultimate delight to watch. Man, he looked like he was the real, Rana Sangram Singh with 80 wounds, 1 eye & 1 arm. Even subsequent episodes were all great.

Vinod Khanna (playing Rana Pratap), though looking fat & somewhat aged, played the role with the deserved aplomb & panache.

Don't know why, they could not sustain it. Maybe, sponsors were few & not willing to pay enough.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I remember how they downgraded the new Mahabharat
Yeah, the Pandavs wore Greek dresses and used Urdu words. :rofl:

TrueSpirit

These so called "Historic" serials are nothing but dramatized version like of Ekta kapur's sas-bahu and far from reality.

I remember how they downgraded the new Mahabharat :facepalm:
You are right. I don't even want to think about the Mahabharat you are talking about. I would rather watch "Sansani" :frusty:

However, I find the original Mahabharat having a great "repeat value". I can watch it any number of times & continue to relish it.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
You are right. I don't even want to think about the Mahabharat you are talking about. I would rather watch "Sansani" :frusty:

However, I find the original Mahabharat having a great "repeat value". I can watch it any number of times & continue to relish it.
The original epics in 80's and 90's were just great and cant be repeated ever.They were just once in a lifetime.I could watch it numerous times and learn.

And guess what we got a new crappy serial "Jodha-Akbar" :facepalm:

TrueSpirit

And guess what we got a new crappy serial "Jodha-Akbar" :facepalm:
yeah, it's a national conspiracy to keep productive people occupied in "things that matter", rather than foozling away their time in front of so called "idiot-box" :tsk:

Simple_Guy

Bollywood Life
Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap on Sony TV is a historical drama that narrates the awe-inspiring story of the young Rajput warrior and ruler of Mewar, Maharana Pratap Singh, one of the first freedom fighters of India. Faisal creates a good first impression – he fits the bill perfectly, brings in a lot of finesse despite it being his first attempt at acting, and his expressions are something to watch out for.

Shakti Anand is impressive as Maharana Udai Singh – his poise, dialogue delivery and body language is apt as the king. The actor has definitely worked hard to get into the skin of the character and the outcome in laudable.

While the male leads are bang on, the female actors – Rajshree Thakur (Maharani Jayawanta Bai Songara), Aashka Goradia (Maharani Bhatiyani) and Divyaalakshmi (Maharani SajjaBai) have been roped in to do what they know best.
I'm liking it more and more now. They showed a full description of the jauhar ceremony and the explanation of why it was done.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles