Somali pirates using Pakistani arms: Indian Navy

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
Somali pirates using Pakistani arms: Indian Navy: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

Pakistan has found Somali sea pirates as the new tools in its covert war against India, the Indian Navy confirmed on Tuesday.

From jihad factories in Pakistan to pirate terror off the Gulf of Aden, Pakistan's hidden war against India has been crossing the seas.

There have been numerous attacks by Somali pirates on merchant ships with Indian crew on board. And, the Navy destroyer - INS Mysore - reported the Pakistani link to Somali pirates.

Nine months ago, during action against pirate ship Salahuddin, the Indian Navy patrol ships found material evidence of Pakistan's sinister plot.

Most of the weapons used by the Somali brigands bore the stamp of Pakistani ordnance factories. The rocket-propelled grenade launcher and the rifles seized from the boat were all made-in-Pakistan. Even the magazines recovered had Pak ordnance factory tags.

The revelation has raised serious concerns about a possible link between the sea pirates and the suspected terrorist groups.

bhramos

Country flag
Great news,
If we even have enough evidence, what our sleeping netas will do prevent that action,
we have to wait and see.
Cannot and will ever in future go for offensive on any front???
I challenge " Noway".

F.Faruqi

Great news,
If we even have enough evidence, what our sleeping netas will do prevent that action,
we have to wait and see.
Cannot and will ever in future go for offensive on any front???
I challenge " Noway".
And Indian and American arms were found with the Taliban in Swat.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...s-weapons-being-used-against-pak-forces-rs-05
Sun Online - Discussions - News - Indian Weapons In Swat & FATA

Judging by your logic, this means that the US and India are supporting the Taliban:blum3:
You should be sanctioned immediately and attacked, then:2guns::((

On a more serious note, if the weapons were made in Pakistan that doesn't mean that the Pakistani government sent the pirates the weapons. Those weapons could have just been purchased from an illegal supplier in Pakistan or maybe even stolen. Pakistan had a number of troops in Somalia in the 90's on peacekeeping ops, maybe some weapons were looted then. There are many possible reasons for the weapons to be there, don't jump to conclusions otherwise you'll have to accept that India funds & arms Taliban.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Indian arms were not found with the taliban, Russian arms were! And you do know, Russia abandoned arms with which a new world war 1 could be fought, in Afghanistan in the 80s!!

I dont believe, Pakistan is training the pirates, until and unless clear evidence is given. Arms are not evidence I feel because it can be smuggled, and we all know there are gun bazaars in pakistan and afghanistan, wherein anything can be bought!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Your link about finding Indian weapons in Swat leads to a discussion forum not a news article. And the discussion is based on some BS spouted by Brasstacks and we know who runs it. It is none other than joker of the Pakistan - Zaid Hamid. :blum3:

If your articles are to be taken seriously bring in some authentic news articles, not what some people discuss on discussion forums which itself is based on invented lies by the likes of Zaid Hamid, Ahmed qureshi and moin ansari.

So, your argument about Indian weapons in swat is BS.

venkat

My guess seems to be correct. somali pirates have been attacking indian ships and ships containing indians,now and then some chinese,french etc..but we have not heard pakistani ships being targeted! Collusion of pakistan with somali pirates can not be ruled out!

Ratus Ratus

Professional
My guess seems to be correct. somali pirates have been attacking indian ships and ships containing indians,now and then some chinese,french etc..but we have not heard pakistani ships being targeted! Collusion of pakistan with somali pirates can not be ruled out!
Give yourself a break.
Since 2005 to june/July 2009 only 3 flagged Indian vessels have been attacked compared to US, Egyptian, Turkey etc ..

As for crewing, so someone is doing a detailed check on what ship has what crew. Oh please.

Do a bit of a check.

venkat

If it is so Ratus2^2 ,then why our media is reporting every now and then attacks of somali pirates on indian ships? i didnt understand who is doing the detailed check on which ship is having what crew? But you ahve not answered how many pakistani ships have been targetted in these 2005-2009 period? i am sure no Australian ship is a victim!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
If it is so Ratus2^2 ,then why our media is reporting every now and then attacks of somali pirates on indian ships? i didnt understand who is doing the detailed check on which ship is having what crew? But you ahve not answered how many pakistani ships have been targetted in these 2005-2009 period? i am sure no Australian ship is a victim!
Venkat, Ratus knows his facts, time for you to check up on yours before taking on a Person who has his ready! Ratus is not a fanboy, he knows what he speaks, and he speaks only what he knows! Same goes for our other MPs too!

Ratus Ratus

Professional
First in many respect your media in these things is pathetic.
It is called media hype and leads to misinformation to sell nice article that you suck up in huge quantities and believe without question.

Also using you sound logic Australia must be helping the pirates since none of our ships have been attacked.

So back to Pakistan flagged ships. How many have been in these areas?
You raised this so you should have the facts.
So far you comments are on par with the Indian news papers in this.

macintosh

Pak may only be supplying arms for some dirty money, otherwise with US and other powerful countries presence there it is hard to imagine how can Pak try do anything of such magnitude.

F.Faruqi

Your link about finding Indian weapons in Swat leads to a discussion forum not a news article. And the discussion is based on some BS spouted by Brasstacks and we know who runs it. It is none other than joker of the Pakistan - Zaid Hamid. :blum3:

If your articles are to be taken seriously bring in some authentic news articles, not what some people discuss on discussion forums which itself is based on invented lies by the likes of Zaid Hamid, Ahmed qureshi and moin ansari.

So, your argument about Indian weapons in swat is BS.
Sorry about the link, I wasn't able to check the site as it was blocked where I'm at. I'll provide another one. P.S, you still didn't mention the point that the Taliban are also using U.S made weapons which were stolen. It's not that Pakistan's directly supplying the pirates, but it's possible that some arms suppliers based in Pak are arming them.

Ratus Ratus

Professional
Pak may only be supplying arms for some dirty money, otherwise with US and other powerful countries presence there it is hard to imagine how can Pak try do anything of such magnitude.
Why would they?
You make the suggestion, so you should have a reason for this.

I see no one bother to link aspects of AQ and followers moving to Somalia to have nice safe haven being part of the equation. This has been reported on a couple of times already.

So the only dirty money is theirs.
Some also seem to forget that there have been occasions that pakistan FCs have lost weapons. So where were they made? OH guess!

Weapons mean nothing. Dime a dozen. Not proof.

bhramos

Country flag
And Indian and American arms were found with the Taliban in Swat.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Stolen US arms being used in Swat: ISPR
Sun Online - Discussions - News - Indian Weapons In Swat & FATA

Judging by your logic, this means that the US and India are supporting the Taliban:blum3:
You should be sanctioned immediately and attacked, then:2guns::((

On a more serious note, if the weapons were made in Pakistan that doesn't mean that the Pakistani government sent the pirates the weapons. Those weapons could have just been purchased from an illegal supplier in Pakistan or maybe even stolen. Pakistan had a number of troops in Somalia in the 90's on peacekeeping ops, maybe some weapons were looted then. There are many possible reasons for the weapons to be there, don't jump to conclusions otherwise you'll have to accept that India funds & arms Taliban.
sorry to say, i never mentioned any Country nor any Govts.
i only said if it was true, what be next step of our neta's thats all.
i know in your country anything can be bought for money,
i mean Guns , N*** ,, so on...
as their are Pushthan tribal leaders sell everything , as they are not under control of Govt.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Lets settle things on this, we should give benefit of doubt to them, Pakistan is a failed state they can't guard their own weapons. Don't raise this issue its a media hype, can't you see armies of different nations are fighting in Af-Pak against elements responsible for their failure.

I will recommend to give clean chit to GoP if it makes few enthusiasts happy living in denial.

GoP has never done anything wrong cause they have no resources to control this sh** .

NATO allies were never required there; they are just mucking around. The war on terror is bulls***.

The routs for opium mafia are still intact weapons are smuggled without toll, Nuclear stock pile is increasing, Exported missiles are being tempted to target India. Fair enough??
Think like pakistan guys as rest of the world is doing the same. Its a great example of global brotherhood, brave soldiers from overseas are dieing for them.
But Pakistan has more important priorities. Don't you know blood is thicker then water.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Sorry about the link, I wasn't able to check the site as it was blocked where I'm at. I'll provide another one. P.S, you still didn't mention the point that the Taliban are also using U.S made weapons which were stolen. It's not that Pakistan's directly supplying the pirates, but it's possible that some arms suppliers based in Pak are arming them.
You have to remember how many times the Taliban has attacked the NATO supplies and the trucks carrying them. They might have stolen a lot of stuff from those supplies including Hummer as well :D. I highly doubt that US is supplying them.

Regarding Pakistan role in Somali piracy, it is not just Pakistani arms but also people of Pakistani origin are thought to be involved in guiding the somali pirates.

Here is the story

Delhi concerned: Trained Pak men 'guiding' pirates off Somalia coast

Pranab Dhal Samanta Posted: Sep 01, 2009 at 0855 hrs

New Delhi Authorities have confirmed the first case of alleged Pakistani involvement with Somali pirates in a revelation that has raised concerns here about a possible link between piracy and suspected terrorist groups.
On April 28, a Russian warship apprehended 12 Pak nationals — along with Somali pirates — for attempting to attack a tanker off Somalia’s coast.

An investigation, sources said, pointed to Pak nationals having played a 'lead' role. Their nationality was confirmed through identity cards and “evidence” was handed over on May 8 to MSS Rehmat, a Pakistan Maritime Security Agency ship, 12 miles of Gwadar.

It’s being examined by Pakistan’s Federal Investigation Agency.

Pak first claimed that these men were fishermen but three months on, there is no word on the probe.

India has two warships in the Gulf of Aden.

The incident occurred when Russian warship Admiral Panteleyev received a distress call 120 km east of Somalia’s coast from a tanker Bulwai Bank, registered in Antigua, en route to Singapore. The tanker was under attack from Somali pirates. Russian commandos intervened and foiled the attempt. They found that the pirates’ speedboats were being guided from another mother vessel.

Tracking its coordinates, the Russians apprehended this vessel 10 miles off the coast.

This was a captured Iranian trawler. Its captain was Mohammed Zamal, a Pak national, who was communicating with the pirates via a satphone he threw overboard when Russians boarded the vessel.

There were 29 people on board of whom 12 were Pakistanis, including the captain; 11 were Somalis while six were Iranians taken hostage.

Seven Kalashnikov guns and handguns were recovered. Sources said Russian investigators found that the Pak nationals were quite well-trained and familiar with military and naval tactics.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Give yourself a break.
Since 2005 to june/July 2009 only 3 flagged Indian vessels have been attacked compared to US, Egyptian, Turkey etc ..

As for crewing, so someone is doing a detailed check on what ship has what crew. Oh please.

Do a bit of a check.
To add to your post... It is also important to note that a fairly significant portion of the merchant marine manpower comes from India (for a variety of reasons that are beyond the scope of this post). That Indian crew members are victims of chronic piracy is primarily a matter of statistical probability.

Also, the article in the OP is a piece of crap and signifies the author's lack of analytical ability to draw conclusions from the information at hand.

Ratus Ratus

Professional
yes I just love this level of comment:
Regarding Pakistan role in Somali piracy, it is not just Pakistani arms but also people of Pakistani origin are thought to be involved in guiding the somali pirates.

So if a person was a Brit for example then the United Kindom would have a role in the piracy?
You know you would not accept that but you accept it if it was Pakistan.

Choose the wording carefully as you make an accusation based on peoples nationality and try like the jingle jangle jurnos to imply a that nation is behind it.

Yes no doubt there are Pakistanis involved but the connection to Pakistan as a country does not hold water.
I have already pointed out that members of AQ and possibly others who are from Pakistan have moved off shore to Somalia.
There have been reports of this movement in various media.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles