Solution to Kashmir keeping India's strategic interests in mind

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
My question was, do we absorb the POK population into India?

IMO, not a good idea.
I answered we SHOULD take population of PoK as well due to many reasons including small population. I guess it would not be more than millions? We can't declare PoK as free nation so we have to take it entirely.

But that assimilation should be done in a phased manner so we put solid military boots and win them back by providing them good infrastructure, right education etc. We should not hurry!

What is your take? If we don't take PoK population then where would they go?

Sikhbrah

Country flag
I answered we SHOULD take population of PoK as well due to many reasons including small population. I guess it would not be more than millions? We can't declare PoK as free nation so we have to take it entirely.

But that assimilation should be done in a phased manner so we put solid military boots and win them back by providing them good infrastructure, right education etc. We should not hurry!

What is your take? If we don't take PoK population then where would they go?
Are you aware of what they did to the Hindu and Sikh population in POK?

The azad kashmir region had a huge Hindu Sikh minority that was missing after 1947.

This sort of real history is unfortunately not taught in our books.

Read up on Mirpur Massacre.

We will take back POK and we will make the local mullahs flee in fright.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Are you aware of what they did to the Hindu and Sikh population in POK? The azad kashmir region had a huge Hindu Sikh minority that was missing after 1947.
This sort of real history is unfortunately not taught in our books. Read up on Mirpur Massacre.
Making the mullas in PoK flee can be the best option and that too came in my mind.

The population of PoK is around 4 million so how would you make them flee?

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Making the mullas in PoK flee can be the best option and that too came in my mind.

The population of PoK is around 4 million so how would you make them flee?
How are you planning to take POK in the first place?

By war?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
How are you planning to take POK in the first place?
By war?
As I said in earlier post, war is the last option! Economic breakage of Pakis and inside revolt is the best option. The weak and frustrated Pak Army would attack us first as they do in all wars. This would be the classic way we can respond and gather worldwide support as well and attack PoK in a defensive offense. I would not go in details about ground operation.

So that's the closest hypothetical situation close to real life possibility based on the situation.

So now tell how to make Paki mullas flee?

Sikhbrah

Country flag
As I said in earlier post, war is the last option! Economic breakage of Pakis and inside revolt is the best option. The weak and frustrated Pak Army would attack us first as they do in all wars. This would be the classic way we can respond and gather worldwide support as well and attack PoK in a defensive offense. I would not go in details about ground operation.

So that's the closest hypothetical situation close to real life possibility based on the situation.

So now tell how to make Paki mullas flee?
In this situation that you’ve described, which i also think is best case scenario - assuming Indian army launches a ground operation at the end, I would expect half the population to flee in uncertainty.

Though in all honest, I don’t see pakistan self imploding and breaking up anytime soon.

They will remain an unstable Islamic tinker box banana republic for the time being.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Are you aware of what they did to the Hindu and Sikh population in POK?

The azad kashmir region had a huge Hindu Sikh minority that was missing after 1947.

This sort of real history is unfortunately not taught in our books.

Read up on Mirpur Massacre.

Ah! So India Pakistan affairs are Communal roots especially the military engagements ?? So say you.. Sir....

Sikhbrah

Country flag
Ah! So India Pakistan affairs are Communal roots especially the military engagements ?? So say you.. Sir....
No, but I am saying the local population would most likely flee in fright in the likelihood of an Indian army take over.

Would be interested to know if you feel otherwise.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
In this situation that you’ve described, which i also think is best case scenario - assuming Indian army launches a ground operation at the end, I would expect half the population to flee in uncertainty.

Though in all honest, I don’t see pakistan self imploding and breaking up anytime soon.

They will remain an unstable Islamic tinker box banana republic for the time being.
Yes, not sure how soon this situation happens.

For now things to lookout is how soon we can strengthen the J&K we have and how we can get rid of this South Kashmir hegemony of mullas. Unless we play a tried and test policy of making people from other parts of India settle we can't get a strong foothold. We can take a cue from China who did it in Tibet sucessfully.

When BJP came in power in 2014 there was some news of colonies of Non-Muslims to be made in J&K but not sure what's the status now.

But last year many solid steps have been taken like removal of 370/35a etc. Recently some changes to domicile policy which didn't get much eye due to all eyes on CORONA. Now since all those sources like Scroll/Print/J&K parties etc are crying a river over it, it seems like the policy is on the right track.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Look at this shit. Ignore the typical Indian MSM simping, and focus on the fact that we have a freaking Afghanistan but Buddhists of Ladakh and Kashmiri Hindus and Sikhs are scared to live in the valley 😡😡 all these years!

Kashmir's Wantrag, a Pashtun village, is like a little slice of Afghanistan

About 70 kilometres south of Jammu and Kashmir summer capital Srinagar, Wantrag, a Pashtun village, is home to hundreds of Afghan families resisting cultural assimilation with the rest of Kashmir.

An outsider finds himself at odds to talk to anyone there. Most of the residents speak Pashto. “The community still follows the Jirga system, a traditional assembly of society’s members that makes social decisions by consensus keeping the Pashtunwali (the Pashtun code of conduct) in high regard,” said Basheer Ahmed Pakhtoon, a Jirga head, and a tribal leader.“The crime rate is almost zero. Hardly any case goes to court,” Basheer added.

While many of these families say they took shelter in this village well before Partition, roots of Afghans in the region date back even before the 16th Century when the Mughals, whose first conqueror of India, Babur, came from Ferghana (today in Uzbekistan).

It is highly likely that nobility or people from the tribes of Mughal rulers after Babur – who ruled Kabul before defeating Ibrahim Lodhi and taking over Delhi – settled in this village. It is pertinent to mention that later Mughal rulers, again the descendants of Timur and Mongols from Central Asia who visited Kashmir, had engaged in exhaustive developmental work here. Larger tribes and armies of these rulers found shelter in Kashmir. Be it Jahangir or Dara Shikoh (Aurangzeb’s brother), many have visited and lived in Kashmir at a stretch.

While this might substantiate the arrival of many Afghans into Kashmir, a larger chunk only arrived in the immediate aftermath of Partition as traders.

Back to Wantrag, most of these Pakhtuns have not studied beyond the primary level. Women in their mid-40s said that earlier distance of schools from their rural setting was the main cause of female illiteracy. “Women were seen as the bearers of the family’s repute. The more they were timid, the more the family took pride in them,” Sara, who studies nursing, added.

She said that the building of schools in villages facilitated education for the rural women who were never really comfortable in an urban setting. “Parents feared their daughters might fall in love with boys and bring their families a bad name. Things are changing now,” Sara said.

Almost all the families have relatives on the other side of the border. Shahbaz, who runs a phone repairing shop in the village, has DVDs of Pashto movies lined up on his shelves. He said the internet has provided a pathway home. Facebook has reconnected them. “When some relative of us wants to see us from Peshawar, he video calls us. This has been a game-changer in our lives,” Shahbaz said. Outside his shop, huddled youths watching Pahstun songs on Youtube. The internet makes them feel at home while away.

“Whenever anyone wants to visit us here, all he needs to do is search the name of my shop on Google Maps. I have marked it there, it directs any of our relatives visiting us directly to Wantrag,” Shahbaz said. He added that relatives bring gifts from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Meanwhile, Pakhtuns have a different style of greeting their guests. No Arabian hugs or handshakes. They just place both of their hands over their heart and nod slightly. Even their marriages are endogamous. Marriages mostly take place within the community, like marriages with cousins. First cousins are highly preferred.

The most common practice is that of an “exchange marriage” between paternal kin in which a sister or daughter is given and one simultaneously is taken. Pakhtuns prefer to be married at a young age and that too within the clan.

Kabuli Palaw, the national food of Afghanistan, is their favorite dish and is usually cooked during marriages. Meanwhile, the famous Kashmiri Waazwan has also made its entry into the menu now. With inter-community marriages also taking place, Pakhtuns fear the erosion of their race in Kashmir. They think they are losing their culture.

“Earlier our marriages were endogamous, but today some of our girls are marrying into Kashmiri homes. We can’t do anything nor our Jirga community can resist this. Earlier, Kashmiri girls would marry into our tribe and acquire the Pashtunwali tradition. They would learn to speak our Pashto language even acquire our attire which is not the case now,” Ahmed added.

At Wantrag, the community also complained of under-representation. They said the only sop they’ve gotten from the government is an hour-long slot on Radio Kashmir, once a week, to display their culture. No other efforts to bring them at par with other caste minority groups are being undertaken, they complain. Also, none of the 300 Pakhtun families in these villages has a member serving in the government, barring one gazetted officer.

Most of the adult population has not studied beyond the primary level.

It was in 1954 that over a lakh Pakhtuns living in Jammu and Kashmir, without any nationality, became Indian subjects. The Indian Express reported on its front page on 24 July, 1954 that batches of them received certificates to this effect from then Kashmir prime minister Bakshi Gulam Mohammed.

“For now, we are trying to save this culture by encouraging inter clan marriages, but it is only a matter of time that our very cultural existence might be erased,” Shahmir Pakhtoon, a local, added.

Shahmir said even their children, who study the government prescribed syllabus, have started giving the larger social culture more value than their own culture.

“There is not even a single chapter on our history in the textbooks,” a local schoolteacher, wishing not to be named, said.

The teacher added that for a language to survive, it needs descendants who will hold on to it, however, the absence of the same from the school curriculum has hampered its spread and it is bound to end completely.

“Not one among the newer generations is able to write or read Pashto well. They can read and write in English, Urdu, and even Kashmiri because it is taught in their schools, but not Pashto,” said a local who teaches at a private school outside the village.

The local has demanded inclusion of the Pashto language as a subject in the curriculum of a few select schools, at least in Wantrag.

These lunatics want to turn Kashmir also into another Afghanistan. They should be thrown out of the state as soon as the current iteration of CAA is implemented.

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
There is NO Dispute at all so why should we talk of Solutions

Kashmir is an INTEGRAL Part of India :india:

Case closed
The problem I think is that both states have nuclear weapons. And that means if a real war broke out, things could become hot very fast. And of course, there is that other big state next to India to be worried about. :(

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag

Ni Hao MilkTea Enjoyer
Ni Hao, Yin Du Peng You Men! :)

Thanks, my friend!
Here is the ROC national flag anthem, I think most people here will find it really interesting:

And here is also a very popular Taiwanese song, if you're interested in Taiwanese music! :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ni Hao, Yin Du Peng You Men! :)

Thanks, my friend!
Here is the ROC national flag anthem, I think most people here will find it really interesting:

And here is also a very popular Taiwanese song, if you're interested in Taiwanese music! :)
stay on topic in the thread, avoid off topic discussions and thread derailing.

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
stay on topic in the thread, avoid off topic discussions and thread derailing.
I'm really sorry, I was just replying to someone else who posted a song, I thought they might enjoy something in return, I'm a new user, and I will try my best to learn more about the rules here. :)

Tufail khan

Country flag
Motu has said “jaan de denge”, he was referring to the lives of Kashmiri pandits and our security forces on who’s passing away they get content to propagate for elections.
kashmiri "people" are being killed both muslims and KP's

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
kashmiri "people" are being killed both muslims and KP's
Doesn’t matter what faith the deceased belonged to, what matters is that these chomus don’t give a f to what’s happening inside.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles