Solution to Kashmir keeping India's strategic interests in mind

Vyom

Seeker
One option is do put money on development of the Kashmir valley. Get in the good books of the Kashmiris and than extend the idea of an independent Kashmir (including Northern Areas and GB). This will cut-off Pakistan from China and also provide a much friendlier gas line through the Northern Areas.

Do what US did with West germany. Let the people of Pakistan occupied Kashmir know what they are missing. This would keep them in our good books. Their source of income through tourism will be largely from India. Investment in Kashmir will be largely from India. They will be on our side as far as economics are concerned.
That is only possible if they allow a fearless environments. The present GOI is happy to keep separatists in their brotherhood, who actively promote unrest in Kashmir, and help Pakistanis to infiltrate into Kashmir, thus forcing the use of army and therefore making it impossible that any normalcy sufficient and necessary for development could be established there.

The local politicians are extremely foxy. On one hand they would criticize the separatists and on the other seek to justify article 370 and autonomy of Kashmir.

Someone in the US has rightly noted (in one of the cables?) that Kashmir is a grand market with every stakeholder running their respective shops at the cost of the people of Kashmir. They will never allow a settlement of the Kashmir issue.

SLASH

That is only possible if they allow a fearless environments. The present GOI is happy to keep separatists in their brotherhood, who actively promote unrest in Kashmir, and help Pakistanis to infiltrate into Kashmir, thus forcing the use of army and therefore making it impossible that any normalcy sufficient and necessary for development could be established there.

The local politicians are extremely foxy. On one hand they would criticize the separatists and on the other seek to justify article 370 and autonomy of Kashmir.

Someone in the US has rightly noted (in one of the cables?) that Kashmir is a grand market with every stakeholder running their respective shops at the cost of the people of Kashmir. They will never allow a settlement of the Kashmir issue.
I think we have done a good job in the past few years to lower the militancy. I don't know whether the credit goes to the government or the Indian army? But the situation is getting back to normal. But we can relax. We need to build confidence among the Kashmiri that they have an equal stake in India. At every step we must make them feel that the are important. This would not be called appeasement as there is mutual benefit.

We need to play our cards very smartly. The progress in Kashmir has been slow but still good. More needs to be done. Let Kashmiris come out on the street protesting against the militants. Once that happens Pakistan would have no answer. They will have to save their face in Azaad Kashmir.

Vyom

Seeker
I think we have done a good job in the past few years to lower the militancy. I don't know whether the credit goes to the government or the Indian army? But the situation is getting back to normal. But we can relax. We need to build confidence among the Kashmiri that they have an equal stake in India. At every step we must make them feel that the are important. This would not be called appeasement as there is mutual benefit.

We need to play our cards very smartly. The progress in Kashmir has been slow but still good. More needs to be done. Let Kashmiris come out on the street protesting against the militants. Once that happens Pakistan would have no answer. They will have to save their face in Azaad Kashmir.
We who we? If you are talking about the GOI, let us understand that this government will always play at the hands of the separatists and the local politicians alike for their own gain. If "we" are really serious about solving Kashmir, the first thing to be done is to deal sternly with anti-national and sedation voices of Kashmir. How can they demand separation from India and not be called anti-national? Do you think they will ever allow normalcy to take place in Kashmir? No sir, that is their source of lavish life. The problem is not Pakistan, the problem are the traitors that we have and our own government. If you believe otherwise, you are just as they to Pakistanis, living in denial.

Imagine the CM of that state saying openly in the assembly that Kashmir was never part of India in the first place, and hardly anyone thinks it is an issue.

KS

Bye bye DFI
One option is do put money on development of the Kashmir valley. Get in the good books of the Kashmiris and than extend the idea of an independent Kashmir (including Northern Areas and GB). This will cut-off Pakistan from China and also provide a much friendlier gas line through the Northern Areas.

Do what US did with West germany. Let the people of Pakistan occupied Kashmir know what they are missing. This would keep them in our good books. Their source of income through tourism will be largely from India. Investment in Kashmir will be largely from India. They will be on our side as far as economics are concerned.
Not happening. The feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels is much much greater than the happiness that might come out ofthe development.

That development may help maintain "status-quo" but never ever will they start "liking" India in the same sense any other Indian might like.

That is the reality.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Not happening. The feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels is much much greater than the happiness that might come out ofthe development.

That development may help maintain "status-quo" but never ever will they start "liking" India in the same sense any other Indian might like.

That is the reality.
What about other mainland muslims ?

SLASH

That is the reality.
What makes you feel that? Development is happening in Kashmir. In the coming decade better road and rail connectivity will change the face of Kashmir. The tourism industry is again getting back on its feet. I had been there around 5 years ago. Truly beautiful place and really nice and humble people.

Development on our side of the border will lead to dissent on the other side. Pakistan cannot provide Azaad Kashmir with funds for development. Serious questions will be asked whether being pro-independence or pro-pakistan is a wise decision. Sooner or later they would realise that it is better being on the Indian side.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Are you equating Kashmiri Muslims with "other mainland muslims" ?
Why not ?

Both are Indian citizens and both are muslims.

The feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels is much much greater than the happiness that might come out ofthe development.
I dont agree but if were using religion to compare then why not broaden it range ?

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Why not ?

Both are Indian citizens and both are muslims.

I dont agree but if were using religion to compare then why not broaden it range ?
Originally Posted by Karthic Sri

Originally Posted by The Messiah
That is the reality.

As far as i see you bought in the religion as usual, It was more of the comparison of ATTITUDE and not RELIGION.

In simple it means INDIAN MAINLAND MUSLIMS brothers does not give a $h!t about The feeling of Ummat or the revulsion of being ruled by infidels they love INDIA at least that's what i believe all this years.

Let put that this way so ru telling even Muslims in Mainland India have feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels and will revolt when time comes ???

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
As far as i see you bought in the religion as usual, It was more of the comparison of ATTITUDE and not RELIGION.

In simple it means INDIAN MAINLAND MUSLIMS brothers does not give a $h!t about The feeling of Ummat or the revulsion of being ruled by infidels they love INDIA at least that's what i believe all this years.

Let put that this way so ru telling even Muslims in Mainland India have feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels and will revolt when time comes ???
I didn't bring religion into this...the remark about infidels did.

muslims are Indians and want to remain in India. of course you'll always have few individuals having opposite views but idiots are present in every community.

I am agreeing with viewpoint of slash.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag

muslims are Indians and want to remain in India. of course you'll always have few individuals having opposite views but idiots are present in every community.

Ya that's good you quoted Karthic's infidels here that's why i told it's comparison of Attitude of same religion people from different geographical place.

My Fellow Muslim Brother Next Door = Gives $h!t about the concept of ruled by infidels because they feel INDIAN more than funny concepts in a secular country.

Other Brainwashed Idiots as Karthic said = The feeling of Ummat and the revulsion of being ruled by infidels is much much greater than the happiness that might come out of the development.

And i sincerely can see and agree Idiots are present in every community but it's less in INDIA rather than POK or PAK.

KS

Bye bye DFI

Every remark was in the context of Kashmir Valley as I had bolded that part in SLASH's post and replied to it.

Seriously your skills to comprehend the context in which one speaks needs an urgent upgradation.

Lets not de-rail this thread with cheap flame baits like these.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
What makes you feel that? Development is happening in Kashmir. In the coming decade better road and rail connectivity will change the face of Kashmir. The tourism industry is again getting back on its feet. I had been there around 5 years ago. Truly beautiful place and really nice and humble people.
Yet it takes only a false rumor that a youth has been killed by the Security forces to start stone-pelting and the Azaadi slogans. Do you know why the protests are particularly heavy after the Friday prayers ? Do you even know what BS they spew in the Friday prayers ? I have heard that on my way to Leh. And I know Kashmiri Valley Muslims will never ever be happy under Indian rule (not that I care) irrespective of the development.

Development on our side of the border will lead to dissent on the other side. Pakistan cannot provide Azaad Kashmir with funds for development. Serious questions will be asked whether being pro-independence or pro-pakistan is a wise decision. Sooner or later they would realise that it is better being on the Indian side.
I dont know about the other side as I have not been there nor have interacted wit them but one thing I can say for certainty - Kashmiri Valley Muslims can never be proud of the fact they are Indian come what may. They can re-concile to the fact that they cannot join Pak or get independence. But will never be proud Indians.

Galaxy

Country flag
When we are talking of Kashmir valley, we should not talk about other part of India. Situation is completely different, Even People of Kashmir Valley have different thinking compare with other parts.

GB is strategically important. I don't think, Pakistan will give ever. So, That option doesn't exist.

Only 2 possible options:

Uprising in GB/P.O.K. - Is it possible ? Difficult in P.O.K. but possible in GB. In GB, mostly it's inhabitant and people are not so happy with Pak, what i read. Very low population and difficult to manage huge area. P.O.K. is small area, sizeable population and good control by GoP.

2nd Options is War. I think it's worth to fight. But that will need proper planning, strong preparation and support from US and Russia.

We can work for both option.

Expecting people from other part of Kashmir that they will join India by seeing development work here is not going to happen. Pakistan is good in playing Pan Muslim Card.

Last edited:

SLASH

Yet it takes only a false rumor that a youth has been killed by the Security forces to start stone-pelting and the Azaadi slogans. Do you know why the protests are particularly heavy after the Friday prayers ? Do you even know what BS they spew in the Friday prayers ? I have heard that on my way to Leh. And I know Kashmiri Valley Muslims will never ever be happy under Indian rule (not that I care) irrespective of the development.

I dont know about the other side as I have not been there nor have interacted wit them but one thing I can say for certainty - Kashmiri Valley Muslims can never be proud of the fact they are Indian come what may. They can re-concile to the fact that they cannot join Pak or get independence. But will never be proud Indians.
I think you misunderstand my point. I'm not saying the Kashmiris will call themselves as 'Proud Indians'. In years to come as our economic and political clout increases other countries will start asking questions about the humanitarian issues and freedom of Kashmir. Sooner or later we will have to give Kashmiris their right to self determination. Therefore, it is very important for us that Kashmiris are completely dependent on India. We need more investments in tourism so that people to people interaction between Kashmiris and rest of India increases. Better roads and rail network. Pakistan cannot provide Kashmir with anything. On the other hand they have a lot to gain from India.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I think you misunderstand my point. I'm not saying the Kashmiris will call themselves as 'Proud Indians'. In years to come as our economic and political clout increases other countries will start asking questions about the humanitarian issues and freedom of Kashmir. Sooner or later we will have to give Kashmiris their right to self determination. Therefore, it is very important for us that Kashmiris are completely dependent on India. We need more investments in tourism so that people to people interaction between Kashmiris and rest of India increases. Better roads and rail network. Pakistan cannot provide Kashmir with anything. On the other hand they have a lot to gain from India.
What makes you think that ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That the Kashmiris have been voting in large numbers and choosing their own government is proof enough of Kashmiris trusting the Indian democracy. Have you heard of the sham of election process in Pak? Imagine the very right of self determination is thrown out of the window to participate in elections there by signing the allegiance papers.

KS

Bye bye DFI
That the Kashmiris have been voting in large numbers and choosing their own government is proof enough of Kashmiris trusting the Indian democracy. Have you heard of the sham of election process in Pak? Imagine the very right of self determination is thrown out of the window to participate in elections there by signing the allegiance papers.
Not necessarily.

When the Kashmiri Muslims agree to the withdrawal of Article 370, that will be the first sign that they trust in India and her democracy.

Tomcat

here is the salution i think is fit
1) dissolve article 306
2) dissolve the Kashmiri Constitution
3) make the IPC and other Indian Laws applicable to J&k
4) allow immigration from all parts of India to the valley
5)support or Provide Moral support to kashmiri brethern in GB and azad kashmir
6) use media to turn POK opion angst pakistan

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles