Snipers & Sniper Tactics: Photo & Discussion..

indiatester

Country flag
Ukraine released a helmet-cam video they said was of an FSB SOF sniper team that killed a Ukrainian soldier in the Donbass on February 27. Not sure how they got it, but the equipment shown certainly indicates it is from an elite Russian SOF unit.

The equipment shown in the video include UK-made Accuracy International sniper rifles with suppressors. 2/

Chinese-made DJI Mavic UAV. 3/

Swiss-made Safran Vectronix JIM LR multifunction infrared binoculars, which can be integrated into a variety of systems including GPS receivers. 4/

American-made Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter. 5/

One member of the team also had a C-UAS system. 6/

AK-105 rifles with Zenit B-30 + B-31C rails, I think a Zenit PT-series stock, and DTK-4 suppressor. Not sure about the main optic which looks like a thermal sight, but the offset sight looks like an Aimpoint micro. 7/

There's a longer version of the video with a better look at the Accuracy International sniper rifle that appears to be an AX338. Russian SOF are big fans of the .338 Lapua Magnum round, and the SSG 08 is the preferred sniper rifle of SSO. (h/t
@bhginee
) 9/

The ghillie suit appears to be the same version spotted in use by FSB Special Purpose Center officers in previous videos, and the Armokom LShZ 1+ helmet is very common across Russian SOF units. 10/

The Gear Craft Atom plate carrier. 11/

Austrian Glock-17 pistol and American 3M Peltor COMTAC III headsets. 12/

Also interesting to see the use of remote controlled cameras/optics and periscopes while in the trenches along the front line. 13/

The short clip shows a sniper, another soldier up front looking through a periscope, and the equipment operator remotely operating the optical system with a small tablet, presumably the Safran JIM LR on a tripod, with the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter. 14/

Clip from the end of the video showing one of the positions the FSB sniper team occupied near the front lines. 15/

Follow the thread here

Levina

A feminist who is a Doval fan
Country flag
Sniper with MK-15 and NV (night vision) activated NBC mask.
NBC— Nuclear biological chemical

Did you know such masks are often carried by most of the snipers going for cross border ops?

This is an exclusive pic .

1B1E54C2-6E23-4758-8811-E252641A9BE6.jpeg

Last edited:

Jaymax61

Sniper with MK-15 and NV (night vision) activated NBC mask.
NBC— Nuclear biological chemical

Did you know such masks are often carried by most of the snipers going for cross border ops?

This is an exclusive pic .

View attachment 47930
Reason for using an NBC mask on cross border ops? Except for night vision no other feature would be needed

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Reason for using an NBC mask on cross border ops? Except for night vision no other feature would be needed
The pic doesnt look to be LOC but IB.Wish it wasnt black and white.

If it is indeed IB then Infantry troops in exercises practice ops under NBC threat.

A normal sniper in normal ops would not use such masks..its uncomfortable.

I have tried that mask.

Jaymax61

The pic doesnt look to be LOC but IB.Wish it wasnt black and white.

If it is indeed IB then Infantry troops in exercises practice ops under NBC threat.

A normal sniper in normal ops would not use such masks..its uncomfortable.

I have tried that mask.
I have tried a different full face mask (hazmat site), I found it was quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. It must be 10 times worse if you need to stay still with minimal movement.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I have tried a different full face mask (hazmat site), I found it was quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. It must be 10 times worse if you need to stay still with minimal movement.
If you are sprinting its not comfortable.

In sniper ops where you have to stay still..how will you eat and drink with that mask on?and you cannot change position for hours.

Its not practical.

Like i said..it must be from an exercise under NBC threat..if the image was clear i could have even made a decent guess about the location.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Pretty obvious , even though it is NBC mask , it's utility lies in helping the sniper to operate in smoke from smoke grenade or in tear gas or in knock out gas , or smoke due to fire set by enemy to flush out suspected sniper positions etc or initiated by self to escape or obscure or distract. Also if operate in swamps , drains , sewers etc , best wear a mask .

Last edited:

krankins

Country flag
Hathcock has one of the most impressive mission records of any sniper in the Marine corps. Lets forget about the dozens of shooting championships he won, during the Vietnam war he amassed 93 confirmed kills. The Vietnam army put a $30,000 bounty on his life for killing so many of their men. Rewards put on U.S. snipers by the NVA (North Vietnamese Army) typically amounted to"¦.say $8.

krankins

Country flag
Hathcock has one of the most impressive mission records of any sniper in the Marine corps. Lets forget about the dozens of shooting championships he won, during the Vietnam war he amassed 93 confirmed kills. The Vietnam army put a $30,000 bounty on his life for killing so many of their men. Rewards put on U.S. snipers by the NVA (North Vietnamese Army) typically amounted to"¦.say $8.
Rewards put on U.S. snipers by the NVA (North Vietnamese Army) typically amounted to"¦.say $8 get-mobdro.com tubemate

Tuco

Country flag
Question, in combat situations how do snipers hit the target with one shot I mean without calibration shots. Asking this question after watching the above video.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
These guys are building a 1000 yard sniper range.
The guy on the left is a distinguished US navy seal sniper, he claims 33kills under his name, I think many of them were HVT

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles