SMART(Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo)

Immanuel

Country flag
Holy shit, Chinks and Pukis just had massive undie browning :crying::balleballe:. Using the same Shauray/Sagarika/K-15 shell means this puppy can be deployed from Arihant. Using a nuke tipped Torpedo would render a CBG toast.

Hats off to DRDO. Damn, this shit made my day!

Bajirao

Country flag
Holy shit, Chinks and Pukis just had massive undie browning :crying::balleballe:. Using the same Shauray/Sagarika/K-15 shell means this puppy can be deployed from Arihant. Using a nuke tipped Torpedo would render a CBG toast.

Hats off to DRDO. Damn, this shit made my day!
Who said smart is based on shourya???then the name should be hypersonic missile assisted release of torpedo(hmart) not smart!!

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
While it's a great demo and I hope it's inducted. It's after some time, some new innovation has been done by Indian defence circles.

I would be interested to know on how the torpedo gets its final target. Cos P8I can carry its own Harpoons and they have 280km range. And carry anti sub charges etc. We would be requiring a network of sonar arrays, satellite tracking (and that means geo stationary satellites covering IOR all time) for the system to effectively work as anti sub system.
But it can work wonderfully as an anti ship system.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Who said smart is based on shourya???then the name should be hypersonic missile assisted release of torpedo(hmart) not smart!!
Shaurya is hypersonic only in its terminal phase. Otherwise its supersonic across its flight profile.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's cruising speed is hypersonic,means hypersonic at all stages..
:) Its a QBM, means it doesn't cruise. Just like a ballistic missile, its speed goes on increasing and attains the maximum hypersonic speed only during the terminal phase.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles