Small arms of India

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
They copied an MP5 down to the damn sights this time.
Well it was necessary to show to middle finger to the Germans who have suddenly turned human rights champion and refusing to sell arms to India, despite selling arms to Pakis and Saudis for decades.

The H&K company sometimes sells some arms to India for profit, sometimes they puts embargo citing human rights violation, depending on political situation in germany. It was a very un-reliable supplier.

MP5 is very popular among the SWAT teams in the different state police forces which are being raised since the last decades after 26/11. OFB took the right initiative in anticipating a demand and made the MP5 copy aka Anamika with minor tweaks.

I would also recommend them, to copy the MP7 and MP9 if their expertise permits. Since OFB is not planning to sell in German or US civilian firearm market, copyright won't be an issue.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
And in my honest opinion (and unwanted too), JVPC is one of those weapon platforms that have attained obsolescence even before their induction.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Is it just me or can anyone else confirm that mechanism mentioned in poster says "Open Bolt"?
Indeed it is
28168590_1954223281496438_8052350840390078418_n.jpg

It's funny how surprised you look by this simple open/closed bolt "typo". Don't you remember that OFB is the sole devine force that made us call Sterling a carbine when the whole world was happy with SMG.

MisraZ

Country flag
Indeed it is
View attachment 70744
It's funny how surprised you look by this simple open/closed bolt "typo". Don't you remember that OFB is the sole devine force that made us call Sterling a carbine when the whole world was happy with SMG.
It's the OFB. If they can repaint a BMP 2 and call it a FICV, they can do anything. At 3.4kg it's heavy compared to mp5a3(6.45 pounds ~ 3kg).

Lonewarrior

Country flag
It's the OFB. If they can repaint a BMP 2 and call it a FICV, they can do anything. At 3.4kg it's heavy compared to mp5a3(6.45 pounds ~ 3kg).
So now you are comparing our metallurgy and polymers with so called fine German engineering.
Good...

Killbot

Country flag
Is it just me or can anyone else confirm that mechanism mentioned in poster says "Open Bolt"?
I guess expecting even MP5 is too much for OFB. They stuck an uzi operating mechanism in it. Same way they stuck an AK operating mechanism in JVPC.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I guess expecting even MP5 is too much for OFB. They stuck an uzi operating mechanism in it. Same way they stuck an AK operating mechanism in JVPC.
No, on the above line it's clearly a delayed blowback. It's simply a lack of knowledge or jargon or to be fair, enthusiasm in OFBs.

"they stuck an AK operating mechanism in JVPC", no.
JVPC is simply a variant of INSAS. A "semi-bullpup" INSAS according to OFB terminology.

Killbot

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles