Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas, I believe the soldiers are holding old Indian made AKMs in standard Indian leaf brown furniture ?
They are romanian AKMS repainted in the same orange colour whichh is used in the INSAS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its hard to tell, Romanian AK are in mass used by RR in J&K ..

Last time i hold a Indian made AK was in black furniture with a gas regulator ..

@Kunal Biswas, I believe the soldiers are holding old Indian made AKMs in standard Indian leaf brown furniture ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
How can you tell they are romanian ?
OFB made AK7 were not selected by army.Plus there are many pics of both romanian and east german AKs repinted in orange colour or yellow in this thread itself.In many pics the palmswell hand guards unique feature of romanian AKs are visible.I will post the pics later.

hitesh

East soviet block countries no doubt had better quality Ak's as they had bin producing the guns for long & once the soviet got dissolved they had lot of surplus AK's for sale at cheep rate .

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Short barreled psl folder - 14" romanian psl barrel with a welded on FAL flash hider, russian saiga front sight, yugo m70 grenade launcher gas block with drop in gas regulator screw, Hungarian AMD rear trunnion, Romanian lower handguard, polish upper handguard, hardwood birch laminate buttstock and grip, Finnish Lahti 26 20 round magazine.

hitesh

Short barreled psl folder - 14" romanian psl barrel with a welded on FAL flash hider, russian saiga front sight, yugo m70 grenade launcher gas block with drop in gas regulator screw, Hungarian AMD rear trunnion, Romanian lower handguard, polish upper handguard, hardwood birch laminate buttstock and grip, Finnish Lahti 26 20 round magazine.
Whats wrong with the magazine ,it looks weird similar to the Russian underwater gun's magazine (forgot its name :rolleyes:)

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Damian

My summer brake trip is over, so I can share some news.

Recently FB "Łucznik" our small arms manufacturer, opened officialy completely new factory, and it was occasion to present some new goodies.

Soldiers on the left are from ceremonial battalion of Polish Army, they hold new MSBS-R variant which is ceremonial rifle. Soldiers on the right are holding standard MSBS-K variant.

From top to bottom: MSBS-R, MSBS-K with 40mm UBGL, MSBS-B.

Some more details:

The MSBS-R will replace currently used SKS rifles. It is also said that MSBS-R will be a basis for high precision marksman rifle, and also most likely for civilian variant in semi-auto only.

MSBS-R is ceremonial variant, but can be also used for real combat if nececary.

Damian

And here are soldiers presenting our future soldier project, codenamed "Tytan", all are armed with MSBS-K. Just recently first "Tytan" kits were ordered by our MoD.

And there is more news.

FB also presented their new service pistol, PR-15.

It shows similarity with earlier service pistol MAG-95/98, reason is because MAG designer also participated in R&D work.

And there is one more news, MSBS-K will participate in tender to replace French Army FAMAS rifles, which is really great, as such tenders are good promotion, and MSBS also technically won't give other competitors easy life. :)

MSBS-5,56 zamiast FAMAS? - Altair Agencja Lotnicza

Translator needed.

Also very important information is, that MSBS-K passed all factory tests perfectly, what is very important, these tests were exactly the same tests as AK family of rifles must pass, so these were very tought tests for new weapon system.

I also heard that our spec ops guys had opportunity to test MSBS, and they just love it. :)

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Daewoo DR-300 7.62x39 caliber rifle. Rare 7.62x39 rifle updated with rails, coated OD green, folding stock, and one 30 round magazine.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles