Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pmaitra

Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

No, the Sten gun wasn't invented till WW2, by which time Al Capine had been long in jail. You're thinking of the Tommy gun. Stop lying/ talking about subjects you're not familiar with.
Yes, my bad. It was the Thompson, which, BTW, also has smooth-bore clones.

You still haven't answered my question: Do all Sten Guns have rifling?

I am expecting an answer, since you are "familiar" with this subject.

apple

You still haven't answered my question: Do all Sten Guns have rifling?

I am expecting an answer, since you are "familiar" with this subject.
All small arms, including many modern "shotguns", have had rifling since forever.
All, means all, so yes. Stens, Thompsons (show me some evidence of smooth bore Thompsons)
Stop lying/ talking about subjects you're not familiar with.
everything. Most artillery(excepting mortars), uptil recently, all tank guns, it all has rifling.

I'm done wasting my time trying to educate stubborn idiots like you. As I was saying, a smooth bore small arm is like a steam powered car. It can be done, but has massive issues.

ladder

Country flag

Step 1: You refer to smoothbore firearms.

Step 2: Smoothbore small arms, apart from shotguns and something criminals make in a shed, haven't existed for hundreds of years.
FP-45 Liberator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a small arm (check)
It is not made in a shed ( check)
not made by criminals (check)
WW-2 was not hundreds of years ago (check)

only thing is intended use.It was made so for its intended use.

You statement is slightly less than universal than 'sun rises from the east".

So, stop picking up statements randomly.

What he said though is not common or may be very very rare but does not violate a universal fact.

Your other rants can be addressed separately but not at a cost of further derailment of this thread.

Neither he or me have claimed we are fire arms expert.

I used a wrong terminology a few post back and he ( @pmaitra) politely pointed it back.

So, you could have done it but you chose to rant about it.

Least, I am not a mod or admin to address your behavior.

Please bear in mind that in this world exceptions are as true as the rule/ statement it-self.

Last edited by a moderator:

apple

Wrong.

I can certainly prove it, but my response to you is below, especially because you pretend to be "familiar" with this subject:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Have fun making up stuff on the internet and enjoy your steam powered car.

Do you have proof that Klingons exist too?

Where did I claim to be familiar with this subject BTW? from memory, all I said was you really, really aren't. Compared to you buddy I'm an expert + A) I admit it when I'm wrong, and more importantly B ) I try not to make definitely statements about subjects I'm not familiar with.

pmaitra

Have fun making up stuff on the internet and enjoy your steam powered car.

Do you have proof that Klingons exist too?

Where did I claim to be familiar with this subject BTW? from memory, all I said was you really, really aren't. Compared to you buddy I'm an expert + A) I admit it when I'm wrong, and more importantly B ) I try not to make definitely statements about subjects I'm not familiar with.
Here, do your homework, and figure out what this is:

Show us your expertise. Tell us what this is.

apple

Here, do your homework, and figure out what this is:

Show us your expertise. Tell us what this is.
I'm done. Enjoy poluting the thread with your stupidity Pmaitra.

That's clearly an E 11 blaster rifle i.e. an Imperial Stormtrooper's gun.

pmaitra

I'm done. Enjoy poluting the thread with your stupidity Pmaitra.

That's clearly an E 11 blaster rifle i.e. an Imperial Stormtrooper's gun.
Wrong.

It's a Vietnamese Thompson SMG clone.

I am also much pained to inform you that it is, wait for it, a smooth-bore.

Refer to this:
(show me some evidence of smooth bore Thompsons)
I would provide a link, but I won't, just because you are trying to be a jackass.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Kushal sinha

Khaybar KH2002 assault rifle (Iran)
Caliber: 5.56x45 mm
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 730 mm (with "medium" barrel)
Barrel length: n/a
Weight: 3.7 kg with empty magazine
Rate of fire: 800-850 rounds per minute
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Lol copy and mixture of steyr Aug and FAMAS.These beggar counties will never learn any thing
:taunt::wave:

syncro

Country flag
New Beretta ARX-160 A3 - 5.56 NATO version

Infantry Automatic Rifle configuration with 20 inch barrel

Assaulti rifle configuration with 16 inch barrel

Carbine configuration with 12 inch barrel and grenade luncher

Last edited:

Neil

Country flag

korean spec ops....

can anyone id the gun plz...??!!

H.A.

Russian arms manufacturers have unveiled a new technological marvel – the world's first ever machine gun capable of shooting both underwater and on land. The Russian Special Forces units will soon be armed with the new assault rifle.

Designed by Russia's Tula Instrument Design Bureau the 'ADS' gun can shoot underwater using a special cartridge, which in size is suitable for the standard magazine case Kalashnikov assault rifle. To fire under water or on land, one only needs to replace the magazine of the 5.45 millimeter automatic rifle.

"Until now underwater fighters were compelled to use two types of weapon – for use under water and the Kalashnikov for overland firing. Now it is only necessary to replace the ammunition magazine," Nikolay Komarov, head of department of foreign economic relations of the manufacturer in Tula told rostec.ru

The 'ADS' is also equipped with a 40 mm grenade launcher. Developers believe that its effectiveness and accuracy are comparable if not greater than the legendary AK-47m.

The first ever machine gun of its kind was presented by the Russian developers at the XVII international arms exhibition in Moscow called " Interpolitex 2013" and in the near future will be deployed in the service by the Russian Defense Ministry.

"The main feature of it is that the fire can be carried out both under water and on land. Currently, no country in the world has been developing such machine guns, they are developing only underwater guns," a representative of the developer told Ria.

The weight of the machine gun with the grenade launcher is approximately 4.6 kg. The 'ADS' uses bullets of 5.45Ñ…39 mm at a firing rate of 800 shots/min with the aim range on a land of 500 m.

The rifle's effective firing range underwater when using a specially designed cartridge is about 25 meters at a depth of 30 meters and 18 m at a depth of 20 m. The new underwater cartridge is externally very similar to standard 5.45x39 ammunition except for a different specially calculated bullet shape. The bullet length is 53.5 mm compared to an overall cartridge length of 57mm.

Completed in Tula in 2007, the ADS machine gun has undergone successful tests in naval special units in the Russian Defense Ministry in the North, Far East and the Black Sea. Rosoboronexport is promoting the new weapon for export.

This year the 17th "Interpolitex" is taking place in Moscow. Visitors can witness the latest defense technology for the police and military as well as medical equipment for emergency situations.

The showroom has four major exhibitions: police equipment, military- technical, protection and border security and Unmanned Multipurpose Vehicle Systems.

According to the organizers, 430 organizations are taken part at the convention, including more than 60 companies from 23 countries, such as Belgium , Britain, Denmark, Germany, India, Israel, Spain , Italy , France , USA , Czech Republic, Kazakhstan , Belarus and Ukraine.

http://rt.com/news/underwater-gun-russia-debut-627/

Global Defence

New threads

Articles