Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It can. However, the design doesn't lend itself to accuracy. Having fired many firearms including 47's, 74's, M4's, M16's etc I know which are more accurate
Have you fired the M-14? Springfield Armory sells a semi-auto version. Still used by US Army snipers I believe.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal sir how much weight will it add to AK and will this be acceptable to Indian military and paramilitary ?
That depend what we are adding, Puting P-rail and Optics is no problem..

Weight can reduce by using non mental Mags, Non wooden grips and butt..

bhramos

Country flag
Kunal Bhai

i found an AK-47 of strange barrel mouth in police of my place... which i never saw before..

its similar to fifth from the top, could you help me get more info.. please..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Kunal Bhai

i found an AK-47 of strange barrel mouth in police of my place... which i never saw before..

the recently purchased bulgarian aks comes with these type of flash hiders.the force-one unit of mumbai police are equipped with these aks.
the other aks used by the security forces too had flash hiders which are slant ones.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Izhmash subsidiary Molot to manufacturer Russian AR-15 rifle!

Izhmash would produce an AR-15. It is a pity Eugene Stoner did not live to the worldwide popularity of his invention.

pmaitra

Kunal Bhai

Numbering 1, 2, ..., from top.

1 is definitely a 5.45 Soviet, but I cannot tell what purpose it serves.
2 and 4 are Krinkov Muzzle Brakes. They offer more expansion volume for short barreled AKs.
3, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, and possibly a few others, are flash suppressors.
11 and 12 were introduced with the AK-74 and act primarily as flash suppressors. Similar designs are also available for 7.62.
13 is almost certainly used as a stabilizer, but might also perform some flash suppressing function.

the recently purchased bulgarian aks comes with these type of flash hiders.the force-one unit of mumbai police are equipped with these aks.
the other aks used by the security forces too had flash hiders which are slant ones.
This one is a stabilizer, and AFAIK, is not a flash suppressor. This one directs more gas to the upper right direction, and this prevents the gun from jumping up and towards the right.

Scalieback

Professional
Have you fired the M-14? Springfield Armory sells a semi-auto version. Still used by US Army snipers I believe.
Yep, fired M1, M1 Carbine, M14, M16, M4 in the rifles. M60 in the LMG's.

M21 is still used tmk

Global Defence

New threads

Articles