Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
^ The Trichy seems to be based on the FAL/SLR if I am correct.It's like the IMBEL MD97 in concept only in 7.62x39.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its based on AKM, No gas regulator..

Its barrel is longer and have Better iron sights..

Saumyasupraik

Country flag

Heavily influenced by the FAL no doubt.
Trichy has Receiver, Iron Sights and hand-guard which are quite the same as found on the FAL.Trichy also has a left side cocking handle and right side ejection port like the FAL.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The receiver is of AKM not fal rest is ok..

Its working must be of AKM to have same reliability as AKM..

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
The receiver is of AKM not fal rest is ok..

Its working must be of AKM to have same reliability as AKM..
What's even the point of this rifle.Better just modernise the AK's in Police and Paramil Service with bakelite/polymer furniture and foldings stocks/adjustable stocks and a rail mount as found in the trichy.I don't think so they need quad rails or something like that.Specilaised units within these Police and Paramil units can have the Quad Rail Pimped out AK's.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
What's even the point of this rifle.
If you have read the article on the Rifle, It use 7.62X39 M43 Soviet rounds and have ranges of 400ms ..

Generally M43 fired from AKM start dropping beyond 200ms, So how does this rifle archived so ?

The answer lies in its barrel length & pattern of grooves..

SPIEZ

Country flag
If you have read the article on the Rifle, It use 7.62X39 M43 Soviet rounds and have ranges of 400ms ..

Generally M43 fired from AKM start dropping beyond 200ms, So how does this rifle archived so ?

The answer lies in its barrel length & pattern of grooves..
Kunal where did you get this picture defexpo12? Also why was it rejected?

CAn you also find a close up picture of the INSAS bullpup?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal where did you get this picture defexpo12? Also why was it rejected?

CAn you also find a close up picture of the INSAS bullpup?
No just regular Google search..

Some system are purely dedicated for paramilitary they are never meant for Army, This Rifle was tested successfully by Army but Army needs Multi-cal Rifle..

No i dont have, Its difficult to find one either..

pmaitra

History of the Kalashnikov

History of the Kalashnikov

Don't miss this documentary. You will learn what is an AK-47, an AKM, a Type-56, an AK-74, an AK-74U, and glimpses of an AN-94, Saiga, and other sporting rifles of the Kalashnikov family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberty_and_Freedom

We also call our SLRs FN-FALs, but they are quite different from the original FN-FALs because many of the parts are not interchangeable.
Correct, the Self loading L1A1(Ishapore model number 1A-India) is a very different beast when compared to the FN FAL(Belgium) which are not that evident if you look at them squarely. The former is inch pattern based and the latter metric based, which leads to complications while interchanging parts. Among other parts, I noted the Charging handle, hammer and trigger to be markedly different across patterns and thats not all; another thread another time.

Call me old fashioned but I love both the L1A1 and the FAL, its right up there in my list along with the STG44 amongst classic battle rifles.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles