Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
That was a piece of GK for you.

That was specially because you don't make a fool of yourself by claiming a shortened version of the bullpup being longer than a carbine.
Nowhere did I make that claim, it was about the Barrel length which Kunal understood and you didn't.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Nowhere did I make that claim, it was about the Barrel length which Kunal understood and you didn't.
this was ur quote

X-95 has a barrel of 13.0"/330mm the M4 has a barrel of 14.5"/370mm how is that longer than the M4?
have a look at the pic

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/X95-Micro-Tavor/aaa.jpg

Understand the the lower rifle is a shortened version of the x95/tar family rifle. Now look at the upper rifle and look at it's length. It is as long as the shortened version of the bullpup rifle. Now remember a bullpup rifle is 25% shorter than the regular rifle.

Now how can a regular rifle which is as long as the shortened bullpup rifle have a longer barrel than a bullpup?

that's exactly why I had given all the pieces of info to you earlier

Saumyasupraik

Country flag

There are difference, you can see yourself..

I don't have specific detail, All known its a refined version of MTAR, The guy 'Remov' knows better..
The above rifle is a CTAR-21 Kunal, it is the carbine variant of the TAR-21 it has a 15" barrel unlike the 13" found on the MTAR-21/X-95.The X-95 is the company designation for the MTAR-21, I don't know how the MTAR-21 name catched on but they both are the same rifle.

I'll post IWI's site as source if that makes you happy.

CTAR-21
Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd, CTAR

X-95/MTAR-21
Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd, X95

Ask Remov he'll definitely say the same anyday.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
this was ur quote

You read my post but you didn't read Kunals?Here I'll make it easier for you to understand.
Kunal: X95 is operational In Gruda SF and CRPF, It smaller than M4 but have Longer barrel than M4.. [Post No. 1050]

Me: X-95 has a barrel of 13.0"/330mm the M4 has a barrel of 14.5"/370mm how is that longer than the M4? [Post No. 1076]

Kunal: My bad, Its M4 slightly longer than X-95 [Post No.1077]

We were talking about Barrel Lengths of the above said rifles.Kunal said that M4's barrel is shorter than the X-95's which is not true.I said 14.5" barrel is not longer than a 13" barrel.Not "How come X-95/MTAR-21 is longer than the M4" from what I am assuming you understood from the above posts.Ask Kunal himself as well.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I'll post IWI's site as source if that makes you happy.

CTAR-21
Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd, CTAR

X-95/MTAR-21
Israel Weapon Industries (IWI) Ltd, X95

Ask Remov he'll definitely say the same anyday.
CTAR-21 so does MTAR-21 are same, Used by different terminology in different times and places..

Commando TAR is left over which share some spare with TAR-21, these are not in production rather replaced by X-95..

I think he had a talk at MP abt it, Search if you can find it will give you some insight into the matter..

SPIEZ

Country flag
You read my post but you didn't read Kunals?Here I'll make it easier for you to understand.

We were talking about Barrel Lengths of the above said rifles.Kunal said that M4's barrel is shorter than the X-95's which is not true.I said 14.5" barrel is not longer than a 13" barrel.Not "How come X-95/MTAR-21 is longer than the M4" from what I am assuming you understood from the above posts.Ask Kunal himself as well.

Of course it is true, maybe you are the person who should ask Kunal.
Try to understand the connection between the barrel length and the overall length(because u have taken that pic as an example)
I have already proved to you that the barrel of the M4 is shorter than the x95/tar.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
CTAR-21 so does MTAR-21 are same, Used by different terminology in different times and places..

Commando TAR is left over which share some spare with TAR-21, these are not in production rather replaced by X-95..

I think he had a talk at MP abt it, Search if you can find it will give you some insight into the matter..
Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!) - Page 466

Here's the MP.net thread on Israeli Military photos.Apparently the Israelis themselves call the MTAR-21 the X-95.Sorry I couldn't find the X-95/MTAR-21 Thread there for now.

IMI Tavor TAR-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the Wikipedia Article on Tavor Family.As some members here use the Wikipedia articles as sources for instance SPIEZ, I believe I can do the same as well without being told that I am not posting proper sources.
If you read it correctly it says CTAR-21 and MTAR-21/X-95 aren't the same rifle as you claim.

Well as far as I know there are no orders for the CTAR-21, a few are used by the IDF and maybe a few more by Some Special Forces as well but they aren't in the same quantity as that of TAR-21 and MTAR-21/X-95.But they are available in the manufacturers website and are available for sale.CTAR-21's were also there in DefExpo 12 I believe.

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
Barrel of the Mk.18 is shorter not the M4 Carbine.Keep in mind that.

Not everyone assumes the M4 to be a Mk.18.

Also X-95 and TAR-21 are two different variants of the Tavor with different barrels.

The barrel of M4 carbine is shorter than that of TAR-21 but is longer than that of X-95/MTAR-21

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Israel Defense Forces (Read First Post!) - Page 466

Here's the MP.net thread on Israeli Military photos.Apparently the Israelis themselves call the MTAR-21 the X-95.Sorry I couldn't find the X-95/MTAR-21 Thread there for now.

IMI Tavor TAR-21 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CTAR-21's were also there in DefExpo 12 I believe.

IDF have MTAR when Introduced, They use MTAR and recently X-95, IDF solider call all MTAR coz its same as MTAR..

Its possible CTAR was there, Its for marketing too but as i said its production are no longer there..

The user is a user of MTAR-21 so does X-95..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The barrel of M4 carbine is shorter than that of TAR-21 but is longer than that of X-95/MTAR-21
X-95 Barrel length = 330mm

M4 barrel length = 370mm

On ranges both behave similarly, the muzzle velocity is almost equal though its very differences when compare to TAR-21..

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
IDF have MTAR when Introduced, They use MTAR and recently X-95, IDF solider call all MTAR coz its same as MTAR..

Its possible CTAR was there, Its for marketing too but as i said its production are no longer there..

The user is a user of MTAR-21 so does X-95..
MTAR-21 is the X-95.In some other forum Remov himself claims MTAR-21 and X-95 is the same rifle.He said Zittara which is available in 3 calibers is a variant of the Micro Tavor.

IDF uses both X-95 and CTAR-21 along with STAR-21 as DMR's and GTAR-21.

INSAS vs AK47 vs M16?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

MTAR-21 is the X-95.In some other forum Remov himself claims MTAR-21 and X-95 is the same rifle.He said Zittara which is available in 3 calibers is a variant of the Micro Tavor.

IDF uses both X-95 and CTAR-21 along with STAR-21 as DMR's and GTAR-21.

INSAS vs AK47 vs M16?
During 2007 or early there were no such name as X-95 exists only MTAR..

The new Rifle called MTAR as well back then..

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
During 2007 or early there were no such name as X-95 exists only MTAR..

The new Rifle called MTAR as well back then..
So now you say X-95 is the MTAR and before you claimed the MTAR and CTAR were the same?Doesn't that just prove what all I just said?That MTAR is the X-95 and that CTAR is a carbine variant of the TAR-21 with 15" which is different from the X-95/MTAR-21?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
So now you say X-95 is the MTAR and before you claimed the MTAR and CTAR were the same?Doesn't that just prove what all I just said?That MTAR is the X-95 and that CTAR is a carbine variant of the TAR-21 with 15" which is different from the X-95/MTAR-21?
You misunderstood my comment..

Despite its a new Rifle with modification in length and other features over Original MTAR, It was call MTAR for some time when new but eventually given name as X-95..

In 2006-8 MTAR was popular terminology but on technical grounds both Rifles are different..

Where as CTAR now known, was originally MTAR before and even some call it MTAR..

It is the MTAR now call as CTAR, And X95 sometime called as MTAR which is its not technically but it originated from..

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
You misunderstood my comment..

Despite its a new Rifle with modification in length and other features over Original MTAR, It was call MTAR for some time when new but eventually given name as X-95..

In 2006-8 MTAR was popular terminology but on technical grounds both Rifles are different..

Where as CTAR now known, was originally MTAR before and even some call it MTAR..

It is the MTAR now call as CTAR, And X95 sometime called as MTAR which is its not technically but it originated from..
Obviously you have nothing else except your word to prove that.Go ask Remov himself The CTAR-21 was never known as MTAR-21 it was always the CTAR-21 different from the MTAR-21/X-95.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Obviously you have nothing else except your word to prove that

Go ask Remov himself The CTAR-21 was never known as MTAR-21 it was always the CTAR-21 different from the MTAR-21/X-95.
And Obviously..

It was never my Question but yours..

I am not trying or debating here to Prove anything but expressing my views, If not agreed its fine..

If you feel you need more information its you yourself ask other ' Remov ' not me or anything personal..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles