Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

this two SLRs seems to have different foregrips .are these differ only in furniture or one is full auto and other is semi auto?

bhramos

Country flag
Cornershot Sought For Rashtriya Rifles

After the National Security Guards and the Indian Navy's MARCOS, it is now the turn of the Indian Army's 65,000-strong Rashtriya Rifles to acquire the Cornershot (see: CornerShot Weapon System - Golan Group - Golan Group is an authorized distributors of The Corner Shot Weapons System) system. Amr HQ has issued an RFI calling for technical proposals for a weapon system that can mount an in-service 9mm Pistol 9mm for shooting around the corner without exposing, The selected system is also likely to be licence-assembled by the MoD-owned Ordnance Factories Board, against an order for at least 5,000 units. Several of India's Central Armed Police Forces and state-level Police agencies too are likely to induct another 7,000 such systems in the near future.

More Here: TRISHUL: Cornershot Sought For Rashtriya Rifles

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
seems similar to scar in design except the famous barell.kunal do you pls provide more info especially in english about this type?
Took some time, But there you go..

Izhmash has officially unveiled the final production model of the AK-12 Assault Rifle. According to Max Popenker there will be two models, a Light model (5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm) that accepts all magazines that work with existing AK rifles, as well as a new 60 round quad stack magazine, and a Heavy (7.62x51mm) model that will use a new magazine.

The rifle's major new features are ...

* Ambidextrous forward charging handle.
* Smaller ejection port.
* New safety switch.
* New fire control switch with three modes of fire (single shot, 3 round burst and full auto).
* New hinged top cover. The cover is a lot more rigid that the previous AK rifles.
* Quad picatinny rails.
* Folding and length adjustable stock.
* Ergonomic pistol grip (with a decent radius between trigger guard and grip).
* New muzzle brake that attaches to standard NATO 22mm threading.
* Improved barrel rifling.

It possess all the features of the latest western assault rifles.

Read the rest and pics here http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ak-12-unveiled

Some What its Targeted to Indian RFI

hitesh

MOD should have watched this video before shopping M4s for PARA SF
from what i understand part of the problem was the gas from the DI system of the colt going into the flooded reciever and possibly a thinner fordging on the upper reciever caused it to crack.

the roller lock guns may hold up better but the bullet still has to push the water out in front of the bullet. which may put stress on the bolt and rollers from extra gas pressure.

how did you like the helmet that guy was wearing when he fired the colt gun? i noticed he was only wearing the face sheild when he fired the HK. he must have been confident with the saftey of the gun

the guy from future weapons shook out most of the water when he demoed the gun. i dont think he had as much faith in the system as the HK guy.

in The water greatest issue is not the gas system but the obstruction and constriction in the bore. Generally the smaller the diameter the bore the greater an issue it becomes. 5.56mm rifles are notoriously bad in this environment due to the small bore and relatively high chamber pressures.

It is less of an issue with 9mm and 7.62mm bore especially with water as the offending material.

MP5's and HK21E's have been used in this environment by various countries w/o great concern.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
how did you like the helmet that guy was wearing when he fired the colt gun? i noticed he was only wearing the face sheild when he fired the HK. he must have been confident with the saftey of the gun

the guy from future weapons shook out most of the water when he demoed the gun. i dont think he had as much faith in the system as the HK guy.
The German Guy is actually from German seal, And that is why Marcos use AK-103 and AKM, Insas too..

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Someone identify this rifle for me.

How many guns does a guy need in a op?!!!!! This guy is carrying an Assault rifle, a piston in holster, a carbine at the back and the belt hanging from his soldier must be for SAW. Isn't carrying so much gun counterproductive?

SPIEZ

Country flag
can any one identify which type of AK is this? even though with the underfolder it is much like a romanian but the striations in the fore grip is not common for romanian ones.

Other than the fixed/foldable butt, I couldn't find any difference between the two. How did you spot it ?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Both Romanian, One folded other is fixed butt..
are you sure kunal those are romanians coz romanians have palmswell hand guards as like those in the marcos pic shown below.But the ones with striations in hand guards are usually in east german mpis.But the underfolders are not found in the east germans.Thats why i thinks that the under folding ak is either OFB made one or remnants of old polish kbks.The one with fixed could probably german one.Any way only my wild guess

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles