Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
View attachment 208684

.38 and .22 seems to be a safe bet for civillians.
IA does not use any of these either.

I have always thought anarchy and riot was the main concern from prevention of arms.
Even in 9mm you can easily have 9x21mm.
It has extra 2mm of useless case just to exploit the loophole of governments saying "you can't have 9x19mm". That's the sole reason it was developed in the first place.

Performance wise it's the exact same as 9x19mm but the only catch is that's it's costly and you'll need to import it.

Other than that you can have .357 SIG or 10mm with both being "better" than 9mm.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Even in 9mm you can easily have 9x21mm.
It has extra 2mm of useless case just to exploit the loophole of governments saying "you can't have 9x19mm". That's the sole reason it was developed in the first place.

Performance wise it's the exact same as 9x19mm but the only catch is that's it's costly and you'll need to import it.

Other than that you can have .357 SIG or 10mm with both being "better" than 9mm.
What kind of bullet tip shoukd be allowed for civilians?
Holow point are intended to shear organs. Would a blazer point do the job of providing minimum deternce.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
What kind of bullet tip shoukd be allowed for civilians?
Holow point are intended to shear organs. Would a blazer point do the job of providing minimum deternce.
For civilian use hollow points are hands down the calibre of choice. It ticks all the boxes...transfers the energy instead of going through body resulting in great stopping power and not causing collateral damage by over penetrating

kaboom

Country flag
Bhai sahab, so you are saying that although the army uses 9 mm, the law automatically deems the 9mm a military cartridge, so it is prohibited for possession by civillians
On the other hand, 7.62×25 mm tokarev or. 45 Acp calibre weapon is allowed for possession by civillians, as it is not a official military cartridge.
I suggest the 7.62×25 mm tokarev and. 45 Acp weapons should also be prohibited for possession by the civillians except in disturbed areas, where civillians should be duly trained to handle these weapons under government supervison.
If the military or law enforcement starts using .45acp will they convert it to a prohibited bore ?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
MalhotraSons : Colt 1911 Officer's (short barrel) and Colt 1911 copy
Jindal - Taurus : Beretta 84 and Colt 1911 copy
Jindal the steel one? They are getting into defence too?

And any clue about Smith and Wessons they said they will enter Indian market this year

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Jindal the steel one? They are getting into defence too?
Hahaha...yes, the steel one.
Everyone's now getting into defence
And any clue about Smith and Wessons they said they will enter Indian market this year
Yup...they've a JV with a firm called Werywin Defence but it seemed like everything's still in very rudimentary stage so thought of not including them. I mean even their website is not yet ready

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Hahaha...yes, the steel one.
Everyone's now getting into defence
That's good in a way expands the Indian market might encourage atleast 1-2 company to emerge through the mess and bring something original or these company if do a good business they might do some r&d themselves too for future products I wanna have a positive look at this situation.

Yup...they've a JV with a firm called Werywin Defence but it seemed like everything's still in very rudimentary stage so thought of not including them. I mean even their website is not yet ready
That's good one more big company is here I like how there revolvers look they are beautiful to look at

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles