Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Other 2 are useless as in?
You are trying to sneakily engage a target, with a spotter besides you telling where your shots landed; why would you like to shine a bright laser on him?
You are trying to sneakily engage a target, with a spotter besides you telling where your shots landed; why would you need a red dot sight?

MisraZ

Country flag
You are trying to sneakily engage a target, with a spotter besides you telling where your shots landed; why would you like to shine a bright laser on him?
You are trying to sneakily engage a target, with a spotter besides you telling where your shots landed; why would you need a red dot sight?
Target transition is easier compared if you use a low powered optic instead of zooming out or searching for targets in high zoom. Depends on marksman's preferrence though.

Apne case mein to 716i bina koi optic pe chalraha aur idhar mein low power/ high power karraha. Khwab dekhne mein Paisa thodi lagta hai.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
This is seriously a shame wish our NE forces put some kind of brains in our rest of forces they seem to favourite m4s more
honestly mate at this point i rather value training over what weapon i'd get , a properly trained dude with an x95 will likely match some with an ar 15 , there might be some pros and cons and micro timings but proper training and such will supllement that

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
honestly mate at this point i rather value training over what weapon i'd get , a properly trained dude with an x95 will likely match some with an ar 15 , there might be some pros and cons and micro timings but proper training and such will supllement that
I know paras haven't updated their training like marcos does but I have no clue how j&k sog commandos training goes

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I know paras haven't updated their training like marcos does but I have no clue how j&k sog commandos training goes
Actually you're partly correct .
Marcos as a whole have updated their training method finally deviating away from the traditional practices thanks it's proper divisional re-arrangement and reformation . Hence whatever gets implemented is done at a unit level from shooting to stances to demolition etc .
On the other hand thanks to Army's lathergic attitude, the Army SOF is still in early 80s . The only exception is that company level training changes simulated on the orders of COs where they hire private contractors and refer to weeks long courses. The lack of proper spreading and standardising from the core and basics .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
As for J&K SOG thanks to their smaller composition they recieve a good training pace from private contractors , and they are also one of the better force multipliers in CI/CT in assistance to the Army RR Batts and CRPF QRTs . A few months ago they planned a procurement for Sig716i and Sig Mpx , it seems they have also switched to X95s . All the nato rounds hence a significant reduction in logistics burden . However they've upgraded their aks with FAB furniture which means they're planning to use it till it's last brass since these rifles are good enough

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
As for J&K SOG thanks to their smaller composition they recieve a good training pace from private contractors , and they are also one of the better force multipliers in CI/CT in assistance to the Army RR Batts and CRPF QRTs . A few months ago they planned a procurement for Sig716i and Sig Mpx , it seems they have also switched to X95s . All the nato rounds hence a significant reduction in logistics burden . However they've upgraded their aks with FAB furniture which means they're planning to use it till it's last brass since these rifles are good enough
That's good then heard they love ak in the valley so hard to see them completely let go of that armasen guys were also visiting them so they could be getting good vests too hopefully they move to ballastic helmets too from patkas

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Actually you're partly correct .
Marcos as a whole have updated their training method finally deviating away from the traditional practices thanks it's proper divisional re-arrangement and reformation . Hence whatever gets implemented is done at a unit level from shooting to stances to demolition etc .
On the other hand thanks to Army's lathergic attitude, the Army SOF is still in early 80s . The only exception is that company level training changes simulated on the orders of COs where they hire private contractors and refer to weeks long courses. The lack of proper spreading and standardising from the core and basics .
the only solution I see is complete restructure of army sf with elite units

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles