Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Cost comparison? Which one has a better value? "bang for the buck" so to speak?
It's an irrelevant question.

The AK has a supressor, bipod, flashlight, handguard, LPVO, red dot, aftermarket grips, stocks...but what about the M4? Is it also modified? How much modified?

Though things take an interesting turn when you start adding same modifications to an M4. Given the facts that there are considerably more manufacturers making AR kits than AK; it'll cost you less to make the same modifications.

And last but not the least; no matter how much modifications you do to an AK it's always going to remain long stroke piston operated and an AR a quasi-direct-impingment; so one's going to be inherently more accurate.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
10.5" does it make it a carbine ar?
Nope

Okay, so I'm giving you a pro tip; I know it'll take few more characters to type but try using military nomenclatures.
"[name] in/with [the distinguishing features]" like "HK416A5 with 10.5" barrel" or say "AR-15 in 300BLK"

Why? Because for US army a 14.5" M4A1 is both an assault rifle and carbine and a 10.3" Mk-18 too is an assault rifle and a carbine.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Nope

Okay, so I'm giving you a pro tip; I know it'll take few more characters to type but try using military nomenclatures.
"[name] in/with [the distinguishing features]" like "HK416A5 with 10.5" barrel" or say "AR-15 in 300BLK"

Why? Because for US army a 14.5" M4A1 is both an assault rifle and carbine and a 10.3" Mk-18 too is an assault rifle and a carbine.
Thank you for the tip

Hari Sud

Country flag
Can somebody post a photo of Indian made I.e. Amethi assembled Ak 203 rifle, please.

Than you.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles