Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The regular Capf units stationed in peace areas still use sterlings.My friend who is an AC in Itbp posted in Arunachal is issued with sterling .We could have bought the license to make Aks back in late 50s but fucking brilliant IA generals chose sterlings as west was using 9mm SmGs.

another_armchair

Country flag
The regular Capf units stationed in peace areas still use sterlings.My friend who is an AC in Itbp posted in Arunachal is issued with sterling .We could have bought the license to make Aks back in late 50s but fucking brilliant IA generals chose sterlings as west was using 9mm SmGs.
Is ASMI a good replacement of the sterlings?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
wish we had gotten loicense or straight out kopied Uzi instead, from basically same era but miles better design with two safeties (manual, mechanical safety + grip safety so it doesn't drop the bolt on its own) and practically it's stamped sheet receiver design internally very simple as well

Lonewarrior

Country flag
What calibre bullet does a desi katta use

View attachment 190481
Almost always it would be either in .315 or .303
.315 because it's the most common rifle cartridge in civillian market and .303 as it's the most common cartridge to "leak" from police or CAPF departments.

Though in some rare cases you can find these in .30-06 or even 12 gauge.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Mostly.315s due to the commercial availability of the round. Don’t think they will use 12 gauge in hand gun due to its extremely short range if used in hand guns and spread
using shotgun shells with a smoothbore barrel is pretty much easier than using a rifled bore barrel (though i wonder they would be going that far even for rifle rounds lol) and also there is little worry to maintain fit-quality of parts etc for given pressure ranges than in a rifle round etc

though i am pretty sure it's game of availability and 'maximum punch in minimum package' for them than these technicalities

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
using shotgun shells with a smoothbore barrel is pretty much easier than using a rifled bore barrel (though i wonder they would be going that far even for rifle rounds lol) and also there is little worry to maintain fit-quality of parts etc for given pressure ranges than in a rifle round etc

though i am pretty sure it's game of availability and 'maximum punch in minimum package' for them than these technicalities
It seems like lots of people in UP and bihar have this as there are 1000s of videos firing katta on YouTube.
But they don't look reliable at all, katta makers need to up their game and start making revolver

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
It seems like lots of people in UP and bihar have this as there are 1000s of videos firing katta on YouTube.
But they don't look reliable at all, katta makers need to up their game and start making revolver
To compete with smuggled pakistani darra goods , they need to step up their game and make the Ar 47 , even darra rocket scientists made several cqb ar 15 so competition is tough , if no such strategic moves is made by desi katta makers the market will overflow with porkies good , as Indians it is our duty to promote illegal gun development for katta wallas
1674403808200.png

1674403889264.png

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
As Indians it is our duty to promote illegal gun development for katta wallas
View attachment 190499
View attachment 190500
We need illegal guns because government does not allow us to purchase gun legally, the whole procedure for acquiring legal firearm is a joke.

The way target killings are going every hindus should cut their expenses and buy a reliable gun, don't expect any help from police.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
We need illegal guns because government does not allow us to purchase gun legally, the whole procedure for acquiring legal firearm is a joke.

The way target killings are going every hindus should cut their expenses and buy a reliable gun, don't expect any help from police.
Honestly if guns are suddenly legal and if the execution is bad the country will turn into usa , police just needs a slap in the back ie some major leadership change , heck most local swats's equipment shows exactly that most ips have shit equipment taste

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Honestly if guns are suddenly legal and if the execution is bad the country will turn into usa , police just needs a slap in the back ie some major leadership change , heck most local swats's equipment shows exactly that most ips have shit equipment taste
Police are just puppet of state government thwy have no autonomy, state will just restrict them from taking action against their core vote bank

Lonewarrior

Country flag
guys i highly recommend checking out Holosun's upcoming optics combining thermal imaging and night vision imaging with typical Red dot sight, a hybrid solution
View attachment 190505
View attachment 190506
2300 for the top trim Holosun sight, 450 for Juliet6 6x Magnifier and even if we assume the cost of something like FN's Elity to be 2250...everything comes to 5k

And there you have a cheaper NGSW-FCSish sight

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles