Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Is he wrong though? That’s a major shortcoming in this day and age.
Obviously he’s going to pimp out his products, he’s the CEO of a firearms company, what do you expect?
It is a shortcoming...that can easily be managed with night vision or thermal scopes. Heck even Tonbo has EK series long range scopes.

Exactly, he's the CEO of a company. Not someone who'll say "need I say where to find better"

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
It is a shortcoming...that can easily be managed with night vision or thermal scopes. Heck even Tonbo has EK series long range scopes.

Exactly, he's the CEO of a company. Not someone who'll say "need I say where to find better"
His whole argument is there is no more space in the small rail section to mount a night vision or thermal scope mate🤦🏼‍♂️. Read his tweet properly.

Whitecollar

Country flag

Very informative video about M14 and the M21 used by US forces world wide. Henry also clearly explained how the precisionized rifles(M21 modded from M14), when disassembled for cleaning and installed back, get their precision shifted from 1 MOA to nearabout 3-4 MOA and also these rifles needing expert gunsmiths to do the overhaul work.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 175036
Shastra Pujan 2022
Gujarat Police Small Arms on Display

9x19mm
🇦🇹 GLOCK 17/19
🇩🇪 H&K MP5-A5

5.56x30mm
🇮🇳 DRDO-OFB JVPC

5.56x45mm
🇭🇷 VHS-2
🇺🇸 SIG SAUER 556 Classic SWAT

7.62x39mm
🇧🇬 ARSENAL AR-M1F

7.62x51mm
🇮🇱 IWI GALATZ
🇮🇳 OFB Sniper Rifle
🇮🇳 OFB Bren LMG.
Didn’t know Gujarat Police used the Polish VHS-2.
😅 even i didn't know but seems like a new purchase post 2020 world i believe,
this seems from arsenal of Gujarat Police's ATS unit named 'Chetak Commandos', regularly seen armed with SIG556 SWAT
this VHS-2 seems equipped with STANAG magazine adapter for magazine commonality with current 5.56mm weapons here, something like this
1665300887347.png

@Picard c'mere, you might be happy to see VHS-2 serving to an Indian state police unit 😊

Whitecollar

Country flag
😅 even i didn't know but seems like a new purchase post 2020 world i believe,
this seems from arsenal of Gujarat Police's ATS unit named 'Chetak Commandos', regularly seen armed with SIG556 SWAT
this VHS-2 seems equipped with STANAG magazine adapter for magazine commonality with current 5.56mm weapons here, something like this
View attachment 175083

@Picard c'mere, you might be happy to see VHS-2 serving to an Indian state police unit 😊
When a state's police has a much better assault rifle than Army's service rifle(INSAS)...

Whitecollar

Country flag
Screenshot_20221009-161955_Chrome.jpg

However "aatmanirbhar" we've become, our NSG's loadout is completely phoren barring few units of TriCa. It really pains me to see our elite forces having to rely on phoren maal for our protection that too in 2022.

If at all, MoD chose to replace these with desi products, what are your opinion regarding alternative to these guns??

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
View attachment 175107

However "aatmanirbhar" we've become, our NSG's loadout is completely phoren barring few units of TriCa. It really pains me to see our elite forces having to rely on phoren maal for our protection that too in 2022.

If at all, MoD chose to replace these with desi products, what are your opinion regarding alternative to these guns??
What guns we make can be considered to equip an elite unit ? Elite units need elite guns .special forces guys aren't gonna go for late OFBs 1980s guns.or SSS defence m72 that hasn't even shot a single bullet in any public video.all SF all over the world go for what is best for them not where the gun is made

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles