Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitecollar

Country flag
JvPC is getting orders from Law Enforcement agencies. SF teams can get a few too
As a matter of fact, I met few CRPF boys carrying JVPCs outside Delhi airport in Jan. I straightforwardly asked them about it, how it worked, what were the issues with it's fit finish. They had been using it since 2019 and were pretty confident in the gun's fit finish dept. They also liked the fact that it was lightweight, easy to aim at any given moment. They said that it was a godsent gun for a change cause otherwise they had to carry heavier INSAS and Arsenal AKs throughout their shift. I indeed observed the gun closely and the condition was pretty impeccable.

Ofcourse I had to lie that I was associated to defence corps but hey...atleast I got to check out that beauty closely!

SKC

Country flag
I am so jealous that Pakis are making their own gun designs rather than just copy pasting eventhough the design looks ugly.As a gun enthusiast i am happy for them
They even got guys from west to test the gun and make videos.

I love the gun discipline and control the western guys have. I only dream a world where our army ditches the Rambo stance.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I am so jealous that Pakis are making their own gun designs rather than just copy pasting eventhough the design looks ugly.As a gun enthusiast i am happy for them
Their own gun design ? well i'm certain this isn't ;their own; maal at full extent because 7.62x39mm H&K G-3 pattern rifles DID exist in past, starting with H&K's very own attempt at it
starting with HK32

and by virtue of license manufacturing plus ToT they received even pakis themselves manufactured HK32 for some reasons, named PK-7 rifle
1664189440115.png

1664189514776.png

1664189554533.png

IF PK-7 (HK32) was this good and they were already making it there then how come they didn't adopt it as standard issue 7.62x39mm rifle there (magazine conversion from HK pattern one to AK Pattern one wouldn't have taken much efforts, just need to change dimensions and magazine locking on PK-7 and minor change in feeding if needed) heck they kept using chinese Type-56 instead, both imported and locally made kopies...

^so,this CW39 is just further iteration of this previous PK-7 design with now magazine changed from HK pattern one to standard AK pattern one and rest base design taken from previous BW-20 rifle, scaled down for 7.62x39mm calibre

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Their own gun design ? well i'm certain this isn't ;their own; maal at full extent because 7.62x39mm H&K G-3 pattern rifles DID exist in past, starting with H&K's very own attempt at it
starting with HK32

and by virtue of license manufacturing plus ToT they received even pakis themselves manufactured HK32 for some reasons, named PK-7 rifle
View attachment 173256
View attachment 173257
View attachment 173258
IF PK-7 (HK32) was this good and they were already making it there then how come they didn't adopt it as standard issue 7.62x39mm rifle there (magazine conversion from HK pattern one to AK Pattern one wouldn't have taken much efforts, just need to change dimensions and magazine locking on PK-7 and minor change in feeding if needed) heck they kept using chinese Type-56 instead, both imported and locally made kopies...

^so,this CW39 is just further iteration of this previous PK-7 design with now magazine changed from HK pattern one to standard AK pattern one and rest base design taken from previous BW-20 rifle, scaled down for 7.62x39mm calibre
Sorry I forgot to mention it was an updated version of G-3.Found this in TFB.Still what they are doing is far better than what OFB does,that was my point.I am hearing good opinions about JVPC ,apart from it none by OFB is good.

Twinblade

Country flag
Pakis are even worse than Indian MoD in procurement considering that their Army runs the country.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Here are some videos of PTR-32, a very similar 7.62x39mm G-3 style rifle taking AK mags, from an american company making various roller-delayed blowback guns of G-3 series
^above vdo doesn't go much in technicalities, just posting it as it has some close-up shooting footage rest we all know how it's going to be
and some vdos on PTR-32 being fired in full auto using different compatible trigger packs,
^you could get some idea about performance of PK-7 // CW39 from these clips

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Resident Gun Experts from this thread, any insights just based on this picture?
@Lonewarrior @Johny_Baba @Gessler and others.
तूने मुझे बुलाया शेरावालिए, मैं आया आया...

Anyways, not much.
Looks pretty much like all others pistol from this era; IWI Masada and stuff
Still doubt that it's a working model, most probably a 3D printed placeholder
Ummnn...that's it I guess

Global Defence

Articles