Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
What guns this and why is it so uncommon to see camos on guns in India
Okay, first the tough part.
It's a typical Kalashnikov with Zenitco accesories.

Now the simpler part.
Camouflage on guns are used for either of the two purposes
1. Muh gun's iz more sexy; or
2. To sneak around enemy as close as possible without getting detected.

Now come to our war fighting doctrine. In almost 90% of the cases, our engagement with enemy happens in the complete opposite manner of what can be called stealth. We surround a house in Kashmir with a force ratio of 50:1, take a 84mm CGRL and use the tactic called "teri ben di bun..." (Sun Tzu). That's why it's so rare to see camo on Indian guns.

But if you look at all the sneaky guys of Indian Army, who engages in stealth type missions, you'll find camouflage. Para SF, Snipers, army guys in tundra, Ghatak.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Now the simpler part.

Now come to our war fighting doctrine. In almost 90% of the cases, our engagement with enemy happens in the complete opposite manner of what can be called stealth. We surround a house in Kashmir with a force ratio of 50:1, take a 84mm CGRL and use the tactic called "teri ben di bun..." (Sun Tzu). That's why it's so rare to see camo on Indian guns.

But if you look at all the sneaky guys of Indian Army, who engages in stealth type missions, you'll find camouflage. Para SF, Snipers, army guys in tundra, Ghatak.
I keep my gun in pocket , I hope my future other half finds it sexy .

Waanar

Country flag
I keep my gun in pocket , I hope my future other half finds it sexy .
It's "small arms" for a reason.

Now the simpler part.

Lot of regular infantry soldiers won't have the technical know-how and would end up painting over sight markers, safety indicators and may even get paint in the barrel or other moving parts.
Also, weapon issued to infantry may move around quite a bit and a woodland camoed rifle would stick out like a sore dick in the snow.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Now the simpler part.

I see thank you

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles