Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonewarrior

Country flag
View attachment 162005

Does the location of gas port impact the pressure that goes back to feedback.
Short port--- more pressure
long port---- less pressure.
Yup
The more closer the gas port is to the muzzle, the more pressure you'll get which in turn increase the reliability. But also increase the heat transfer, fouling and recoil.

On other hand, the farther the gas port will be, the softer shooting the gun will be, with low fouling and heat transfer. But again the cost here will be low reliability as the gun will often encounter a malfunction called "short stroking"

So the location of gas port is usually a balance point between these two extremes.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
It took a whole Jim Sullivan to downscale Eugene Stoner's 7.62 rifle to 5.56.

What do SSS have for actual R&D?
Nothing, except a Sarv-Gyaata Ganikaa doing constant Vilaap on every Tweet.
A ganikaa who is sarvagya is a dangerous person .
Ganikas by default are devoid of gyan

True for modern times and ancient times

Spindrift

the new sniper is the only decent gun made by them in their whole existence.
How is the bolt of the rifle, I mean the build quality, is it based in SLME or is the same one that they put on the civilian version of 3006 sporting rifle which was copied from a SIG hunting rifle? The reason I am asking this as there have been issues with the build quality of the bolt on the 3006.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Not Baba, but his Chela here.
ayyo saar 😲
please saar you know more than me regd many things i just go by my eyes and common sense when it comes to guns rest i am not a mechanical enginigger to know intrinsic details about materials, manufacturing processes and such stuff...

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
ben stokes ammo main kya maachis ka tili ke upar ka phosphorus-sulphur ko khalbatte me grind kar ke bharte hei yeh log ki harr baat pe "riphul saaf kro!" krte rehte hain huh
Bro you know too much for just Being a civilian weapons affaciando and that too a gujrati who don't have gun culture.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
This is the kind of jugaad that conventional wars usually bring about.

This thing is so evil, man.
I can think of several different common tactical setbacks this lil son of a gun could overcome. It's glorious.
Oh waanar, Can you expand on a few tactical setbacks enemy might encounter, besides the Obvious Can't see the enemy one

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
OFB tard spotted.just clean the rifle when you are in a firefight simple .and you mortals dare to blame OFB ?
What could go wrong with ammunition.
Maybe the machine they use does not cut the right diameters of caps and cartridges.
The gunpowder compound might be of inadequate quality and generates lots of residue in the barrel.
Little to do with primer.

Immanuel

Country flag
This is the kind of jugaad that conventional wars usually bring about.

This thing is so evil, man.
I can think of several different common tactical setbacks this lil son of a gun could overcome. It's glorious.
Exactly and there are some who keep questioning our tactics and ingenuity on the battlefield.

Waanar

Country flag
Exactly and there are some who keep questioning our tactics and ingenuity on the battlefield.
Oh, don't get me wrong. We lag horribly behind other countries in equipment and training. An ingenious tactic doesn't change the fact that our SOFs take years to merely unholster their pistols, end up shooting civvies because they couldn't see in the dark while doing drills like front roll into prone transition, back roll into prone transition, side roll into prone transition perfectly. We're stuck in the 90s public Spetsnaz demonstration mode.
This applies specifically to the Army.
The only infantry-esque combat units of Navy and AF are their SOFs and they're actually pushing ahead in their methodology but for some reason, the Army is stuck in place and we still derive our arguments from 50 year old wars and now, 20 year old jugaads.

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag
Oh waanar, Can you expand on a few tactical setbacks enemy might encounter, besides the Obvious Can't see the enemy one
Oh, that's the thing. It kicks the "if you can shoot them, they can shoot you" principle in da balls.

Imagine this thing being used in the mountains with it's various creases and crevasses from a kilometer away with a commercial drone or small teams being used a forward observer to guide it's fire above the terrain breaking the OpFor and BluFor line of sight, especially against stationary camps or posts.

Glorious suppression.

Hondu fascism at it's finest.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles