Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
so we've got a Taiwanese Friend here, a fellow milk chai enjoyer
@MilkTeaAlliance32 Hello Friend!

Since this thread is for discussion on various small arms etc, Could you please provide some overview on small arms scenario in the Taiwanese armed forces as well as civilian ownership of firearms there ?

it seems most of the service rifles of Taiwanese defense forces are based on american M16 and derivatives, starting with T-65 rifle that is a version of M16 with AR-18-ish short stroke gas piston system (without forward assist on it, strangely), later came T-86 rifle and now T-91 carbine is standard issue,
then there is a Beretta M9 derivative there T-75 pistol etc
and as per wikipedia there is licensed produced M-14 (strange choice in my view) named T-57 rifle and some other licensed produced things like M-203 UBGL, Uzi SMG and M24 rifle etc...

They also say that We, Indians bought about 400 some of T-91 rifles for our Special Forces here but frankly speaking yet to see a proper confirming pic about it, we see Tavors now and then and very old era pics even had original AR-18 in hands of some SF Personnel here, but no T-91 clearly being shown so far (as far as my memory serves), while of course it's also hard to differentiate between that and M4 carbines we have in SF services in case there are some pics but not clear enough to point out these things etc...

So what could you share about Taiwanese small arms from your side ? any pics-videos also appreciated :namaste:

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
I'm really not the best expert at specific details per se; I usually study broader geopolitics, regional conflicts and the events behind them.

But this website should give you more information:

Taiwan has also begun production of different kinds of weapons earlier this year, and much of the weaponry still comes from American and other Western states:

ManhattanProject

Country flag
so we've got a Taiwanese Friend here, a fellow milk chai enjoyer
@MilkTeaAlliance32 Hello Friend!

Since this thread is for discussion on various small arms etc, Could you please provide some overview on small arms scenario in the Taiwanese armed forces as well as civilian ownership of firearms there ?

it seems most of the service rifles of Taiwanese defense forces are based on american M16 and derivatives, starting with T-65 rifle that is a version of M16 with AR-18-ish short stroke gas piston system (without forward assist on it, strangely), later came T-86 rifle and now T-91 carbine is standard issue,
then there is a Beretta M9 derivative there T-75 pistol etc
and as per wikipedia there is licensed produced M-14 (strange choice in my view) named T-57 rifle and some other licensed produced things like M-203 UBGL, Uzi SMG and M24 rifle etc...

They also say that We, Indians bought about 400 some of T-91 rifles for our Special Forces here but frankly speaking yet to see a proper confirming pic about it, we see Tavors now and then and very old era pics even had original AR-18 in hands of some SF Personnel here, but no T-91 clearly being shown so far (as far as my memory serves), while of course it's also hard to differentiate between that and M4 carbines we have in SF services in case there are some pics but not clear enough to point out these things etc...

So what could you share about Taiwanese small arms from your side ? any pics-videos also appreciated :namaste:
I find the whole T91 purchase thing to bw bullshit, not one has been seen in combat or training. Its like the secret para sf kit, it does not exist.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles