Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The config is backwards. The optic in front should actually be behind. That's like a hybrid sight but configured incorrectly.
That’s a Thermal Clip on sight from Tonbo Imaging mate🤦🏼‍♂️😂, not a magnifier. It’s the new Spartan-SH TI Clip on sight which is the miniaturised version of the existing Spartan-H sight.
2780FBBD-20CD-4C4E-BA05-7DB2A53973E5.jpeg

itsme

Country flag
That’s a Thermal Clip on sight from Tonbo Imaging mate🤦🏼‍♂️😂, not a magnifier. It’s the new Spartan-SH TI Clip on sight which is the miniaturised version of the existing Spartan-H sight.
View attachment 156665
Don't it need to be placed behind the holo type of sight?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Don't you think @Johny_Baba the clearance/distance for the charging handle to reciprocate bit too short compared to the cartridge?

View attachment 156667
Yeah that has always puzzled me since i saw pic of this P-72 system first time, also there seem to be no info about its internals yet
Someone, probably you, made comments in past here on the forum that it is a Kalashnikov derivative of some sort, seems legit to me as well,
If true then it definitely needs longer clearance for the charging handle IF it is reciprocal, if it is some sort of separate piece (notice the cover-like shape of it), kinda like Bren-2 design

All of this could have been answered had the defexpo happened and i // someone like you getting a chance to handle this but... :china:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Why they never bothered to sell those to anyother nation despite being miles ahead of other AK clones in terms of every aspect except weight
Sir they initially only intended to made small batch of it to supplement AKs coming from then USSR but after some considerations it was decided that their version is better and is custom made one fulfilling needs of the army there.

They did try to export some of them but market was already oversaturated with mass produced soviet + eastern euro and chinese etc such AKs so it was kinda obvious that very few customers would choose for a somewhat overpriced custom designed AK - yet if you would like to see it this way the entire Galil line of AKs are derivative of Finnish design so indirect way Valmet AKs did succeed.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Sir they initially only intended to made small batch of it to supplement AKs coming from then USSR but after some considerations it was decided that their version is better and is custom made one fulfilling needs of the army there.

They did try to export some of them but market was already oversaturated with mass produced soviet + eastern euro and chinese etc such AKs so it was kinda obvious that very few customers would choose for a somewhat overpriced custom designed AK - yet if you would like to see it this way the entire Galil line of AKs are derivative of Finnish design so indirect way Valmet AKs did succeed.
Kalashnikovs should learn a thing or two from the makers of Galil Ace line on how to evolve a weapon than just filling old wine in new bottle.
Btw on the aesthetics side Galil Ace particularly the Gen-1 is ugly compared with Aks

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Yeah that has always puzzled me since i saw pic of this P-72 system first time, also there seem to be no info about its internals yet
Someone, probably you, made comments in past here on the forum that it is a Kalashnikov derivative of some sort, seems legit to me as well,
If true then it definitely needs longer clearance for the charging handle IF it is reciprocal, if it is some sort of separate piece (notice the cover-like shape of it), kinda like Bren-2 design

All of this could have been answered had the defexpo happened and i // someone like you getting a chance to handle this but... :china:
So in that case it's just a non-reciprocating charging handle not a forward assist one.

BlackViking

Country flag
Thanks mate, but can you get me one picture in the same angle as the above one for the Vanguard AKM kit (the above one appears to be for a different gun). Also if possible share an image of the slot at an angle (if you can get through some connections maybe).

I am confused because I have got one piece of the lower guard and I cannot make a head or tail out of it.
View attachment 156601
You can see that here the slots are closed.
@Lonewarrior

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles